Taylormade 300 Mini Driver

Why was this a limited production release?
Because it’s a niche product. They don’t make or more importantly, sell many.

Smaller is not better for most golfers when used as a driver, and as a 3w these for most are one trick ponies.

Because it’s a niche product. They don’t make or more importantly, sell many.

Smaller is not better for most golfers when used as a driver, and as a 3w these for most are one trick ponies.
Seems like a fairly polarizing product - seems many swear by it as the holy grail and just as many don’t care for it….

Seems like a fairly polarizing product - seems many swear by it as the holy grail and just as many don’t care for it….
The raving is natural since the group size buying it knows exactly what they’re getting and are seeking it out. It’s that niche.

The raving is natural since the group size buying it knows exactly what they’re getting and are seeking it out. It’s that niche.
I am someone who always hit a 3w pretty well, but couldn't keep a driver on the planet. For me, being slightly bigger than a 3w and slightly smaller than a driver it's the perfect blend. I can keep this in play at a MUCH higher rate than a regular driver and get more distance than a 3w. I know most find it gimmicky but for me it's a great club

I am someone who always hit a 3w pretty well, but couldn't keep a driver on the planet. For me, being slightly bigger than a 3w and slightly smaller than a driver it's the perfect blend. I can keep this in play at a MUCH higher rate than a regular driver and get more distance than a 3w. I know most find it gimmicky but for me it's a great club
And that makes sense, but it’s 100% a niche club aimed at a very small niche, and I say that as one who has bought every mini release over the past 8 years haha

And that makes sense, but it’s 100% a niche club aimed at a very small niche, and I say that as one who has bought every mini release over the past 8 years haha
Completely agree. It's never going to appeal to the masses.

I played with a guy at an Experience once that let me hit his.....it flew like a rocket. Those little drivers are a beast

I played with a guy at an Experience once that let me hit his.....it flew like a rocket. Those little drivers are a beast
Ah, memories. Haha

Ah, memories. Haha
LOL, Yepper, you let me hit that bomber of the tee and off the deck..... @Jman Always willing to let you try something in his bag

and the par 3 course at RTJ Grand National is no joke either......

Kind of wish I would have picked one up when they were available..... Just for kicks....

I have hung on to two of them, both Callaway. X-Hot and XR. Thought they were the holy grail when they first came out and will still use one from time to time depending on the course. Regular 3 woods have progressed to the point that for me, not much difference any more. Plus, I only used it off the tee and a regular 3 wood elsewhere. It took up a spot in the bag that now holds a wedge.

Curios anyone still playing one of these?

The unicorn is dead. Idk what's changed for me but I can't hit this club anymore. It's super frustrating. Duck hook after duck hook. Tried a full size driver for the last few holes and it was night and day. I have zero confidence in this anymore and it used to be automatic

The unicorn is dead. Idk what's changed for me but I can't hit this club anymore. It's super frustrating. Duck hook after duck hook. Tried a full size driver for the last few holes and it was night and day. I have zero confidence in this anymore and it used to be automatic
If that bomb on 18 was any indication of the future, run, don’t walk, towards the full size head. That one was smoked.

If that bomb on 18 was any indication of the future, run, don’t walk, towards the full size head. That one was smoked.
Yeah that one was ok haha

I'm just at a loss as to why I can't hit it any longer. It was a game changer for me a year ago when i purchased it and now it's just unhitable. I'm obviously doing something different the last few months

Last edited:
Very cool, I may have to give that a try. It kinda reminds me of the Callaway X2 Hot 2Deep only a little bit larger. I played with a swing coach who carried one and he gave it to me because it didn't really work for him. Didn't really work for me either but maybe this with the larger head would.

Back