Taylormade 300 Mini Driver

There was a 10cc cushion.

Thanks! Is the dispersion tighter with these? Or is it more of a mindset club (ie if the driver isn't working you have a second option)?

Apparently these are in play this week, and even Phil has been spotted with one.

Apparently these are in play this week, and even Phil has been spotted with one.
I think I saw Trottie built one for DJ this week

This is now official.

TM21MWD_TA001_300 Mini Driver_FAM01_v1 (2).jpg

Yup. I want it.

Yes - I will have one at some point. I just built one on TM's site, and the estimated ship date would be 9/3, so I guess I'll just wait until the off-season to order.

Last edited:
Why am I such a sucker for mini drivers?

Why am I such a sucker for mini drivers?

Me too dude. And what makes it worse is that I have an open slot in the bag for one. So right now the BB Mini is in there. Gets used 2-3 times a round on a weekly basis.

This will be my next attempt at driver. I struggle with the conventional style a lot but hit the 3w pretty well. Hoping with the smaller head and shorter shaft this plays closer to a 3w and I can have more confidence on the tee.

It is stupid I am considering one..

The 13.5 Original One has taken the place of my 3w and I love it. I played yesterday and only hit my driver twice. I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility an 11.5 lofted down could replace my driver.

So there IS a Ti. Interesting.

No, that in the pic is the original 300 Ti driver
Oh, okay. Thanks. Quick morning glance on the move. Thanks for sorting me out on that! I will try to pay .. a fraction of a second more attention next time. :LOL:

So not a Ti plate on the bottom then, which was my initial curiousity. Makes me really wonder how it will compare in performance to TM's FW's. They're such bombers already.

built one...now for the motivation to pull the trigger.

well I stopped carrying a 3w officially 3 weeks ago...... seems natural to fill that spot with this!!!!

I don’t need this.
Right?

Last edited:
I could see the use for these. IMO, even with modern technology, most 3 woods aren't user friendly for a lot of amateurs. They are just too hard to hit off the deck. A 5-wood is a lot easier to hit and with the hotter faces and ability to play them at a slightly lower loft, they are a much friendlier option.

When I started playing golf in the 90s, a 3-wood was a 'safe' option off the tee. But once drivers got bigger and more forgiving, the 3-wood became less and less useful off the tee. But there are times when you want to hit something off the tee a bit further than the 5-wood....or something with a shorter, more controllable shaft than your driver. The mini driver could be a good fit for that spot if you have room in the bag...

Looks like its from about 10 years ago. The style is not eye appealing for me

I am an absolute sucker for mini-drivers. Never had a ton of success with them, but continue to game them anyway. I am a short guy with a slow swing, so they fit me really well in theory. Just need to find the one that works in practice.

-Bought a Taylormade Aeroburner that looked freaking awesome (love the clean all-white look) and felt LIGHT, but in my hands it only wanted to shoot ballooning hooks. So off it went to Ebay.

-Replaced it with an SLDR mini-driver that also felt good and hit straight easy shots, the problem is they were moonballs. 20 degree launch angle type junk. It only went like 10 yards longer than my 4H and I just couldn't justify teeing off that short every time. It's hanging out in the closet right now.

Replaced it with a Taylormade M4 that was on closeout last month, but I had 1" cut off the shaft to bring it closer to mini-driver length.
Even though I have that M4, I will still demo the new 300 out of 2 wood loyalty. I wouldn't be against trading in the M4 if the mini-driver really games. If it doesn't, at least I can tee up the M4 with no what-ifs.

This looks very appealing, would love to try it off the deck and out of the rough and see if in a high loft could get it airborne and get some roll. Potential 4Wreplacement maybe?

Back