Taylormade 300 Mini Driver

This looks very appealing, would love to try it off the deck and out of the rough and see if in a high loft could get it airborne and get some roll. Potential 4Wreplacement maybe?
It’s 1000% a niche club. Mini’s for me serve the role of a tee alternative that’s more confidence inspiring than 3w sometimes is off the tee, but CAN still be hit off the deck on those open par 5’s where opportunities arise. When I’ve got one in the bag is driver, mini, 5w as the setup up top.

It’s 1000% a niche club. Mini’s for me serve the role of a tee alternative that’s more confidence inspiring than 3w sometimes is off the tee, but CAN still be hit off the deck on those open par 5’s where opportunities arise. When I’ve got one in the bag is driver, mini, 5w as the setup up top.

i want one but this set up is what i have to ponder...current driver 10.5, 3W 16.5...TM says there's a 13.5 in LH but it isn't an option...11.5 only...so, to me, that means turn the driver down...or buy a 9* driver and turn that down as well? :LOL:

someone going to have to convince me how that's not a strong 3 wood.

someone going to have to convince me how that's not a strong 3 wood.
How so? That’s what a mini driver has always been, regardless of brand making it.

But with a MUCH larger profile, and thus potentially added forgiveness versus a standard strong 3w that’s 120+cc smaller

I order one not sure why but had some clubs to trade in I like hitting driver and three wood but thought be fun to try might need it and didn’t know it

I want to be excited about this but haven't been so far. I missed out on the Original One (still regret that) which I think looks way better than this 300 mini. I usually really like the look of retro-looking clubs but this one just doesn't do it for me. Maybe it's too close to the look of my old 320 ti driver I have stashed away somewhere. In any case I'm looking forward to hear how it hits when it starts shipping out next week.

I regretfully missed out on the Original One as well (after gaming the SLDR mini for years) but not missing out on this one. Placed my order for the 11.5*. Hopefully I can pick it up before my golf trip next weekend playing a mountain course with tight fairways.

First TM driver or mini I might seriously consider in years. Having one makes some sense as I am getting close to 65 where I can hit forward tees in some leagues and fairways tend to be pretty narrow where I would land it. Can hit my reg inch long club on more open holes. Handsome club from picture.

:unsure:

I have an irrational ponder for a mini driver. I'm hoping this release causes prices on the Original One to drop to reasonable levels. I'm still kicking myself for not grabbing one before prices spiked to nutty levels.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

This one has to be better than the Original One. I had it and found it very unforgiving. When you caught it perfect it was a rocket but mishits were punished. I wanted to love it but just couldn't dial it in. Had far better success with an Exotics strong 3.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

This one has to be better than the Original One. I had it and found it very unforgiving. When you caught it perfect it was a rocket but mishits were punished. I wanted to love it but just couldn't dial it in. Had far better success with an Exotics strong 3.

I'm hoping to see some comparisons on this one vs the Original One. I have the Original One in the bag right now and for me anything missed out on the toe is not forgiving at all.

I'm hoping to see some comparisons on this one vs the Original One. I have the Original One in the bag right now and for me anything missed out on the toe is not forgiving at all.
I mean, that’s sort of the name of the game with a mini driver though, no? It’s like an old school driver which honestly wasn’t all that forgiving.

And I love it .:LOL:

I don't see it fitting in my bag. I hit driver pretty straight so I am not looking for something to hit straighter off the tee. I do hit 3W on 1 tee at my course but that is because I don't want to hit it into trouble with my driver. I also hit my 3W off the deck pretty regularly so I don't think I want to give that up.

How so? That’s what a mini driver has always been, regardless of brand making it.

But with a MUCH larger profile, and thus potentially added forgiveness versus a standard strong 3w that’s 120+cc smaller

I am assuming this has to meet the face limits "hotness" of a normal driver?

I am assuming this has to meet the face limits "hotness" of a normal driver?
If it’s classified as a fairway, I don’t believe so. Either way, CT and forgiveness/playability aren’t always bedfellows with TM. I’m looking at you SLDR.

I wonder how well these will sell after Phil put one in play

If it’s classified as a fairway, I don’t believe so. Either way, CT and forgiveness/playability aren’t always bedfellows with TM. I’m looking at you SLDR.

Very Interesting. Could be pretty dangerous OTT then.

I mean, that’s sort of the name of the game with a mini driver though, no? It’s like an old school driver which honestly wasn’t all that forgiving.

And I love it .:LOL:

Yes. Once I hit that shot a few times, I learned my lesson to avoid the toe. If I need to find a fairway, this is the club I'm pulling.

Got to hit this today and walked away very impressed!!! I was planning on getting one anyways but after hitting it, this is a must have in the bag!

they only had an 11.5 to demo but I’d be going with 13.5 for gapping. Very accurate. Easy to hit. Looks good behind the ball.

first 2 swings were off the deck

2C69289D-BFE4-4288-81B1-1B2C98404DB7.jpeg0FBCA382-D118-4FCA-9571-97F8239933B8.jpeg435C61FE-C812-42AB-9C9D-7FD288C3DFA2.jpeg

then put it on the tee and this is where this club really shined. I have no use for a 3w and this will fit perfectly after my driver

58651CF4-4B32-46CA-BA7F-59F5F535D178.jpegCF92242F-9193-4D82-8D8A-154F0A235F20.jpeg2352B388-3228-43C7-90BD-A122126ECE06.jpeg

The shaft is kinda funny.

MiDr.. mini driver. Made for..

52C382BD-377F-4C7A-907C-6DBAC1480B3A.jpeg

I wonder how well these will sell after Phil put one in play
I loved during The Match when Aaron Rodgers was like…. Phil, is that your new Taylormade club ? Camera pans to Phil who is 8 shades of red in the face. And for once was a loss for words.

Probably the best dig / smack talk of the event and announcers never said a word.

Back