TaylorMade Burner 2.0 Iron Forum Testing - Take 2 Signup

looks like we are waiting on dubbledxu. Hopefully he got his fitting today and can send in his numbers. I checked, but he is not on THP right now.

I hope he is getting his fitting as we speak, he needs to get his specs right. :mohawk:

I hope he is getting his fitting as we speak, he needs to get his specs right. :mohawk:

He absolutely does. I just want him to hurry!!! hahaha

I'm really looking forward to seeing how these stack up against my diablos for distance. TM seems to pride themselves on "faster" and "more distance". I can't wait to see if they back it up.

Sent from my Epic 4g using Tapatalk.

Really looking forward to hearing what the testers have to say...look at these clubs weekly but just can't seem to pull the trigger on buying them for some reason.

According to JB, they do not have all of the tester specs yet. He said we will hear from them as soon as the orders are all set up.

Sorry for the double post, but when you say hear from them, you mean TaylorMade or JB?

JB hadn't gotten back specs from everyone as of yesterday afternoon.

I got to try a demo 6 iron today and was really pleased with how the club played. As a matter of fact, the pro gave it to me since there aren't that many lefties. So, I will use it and maybe by Christmas I'll have the remainder of the set.

I got to try a demo 6 iron today and was really pleased with how the club played. As a matter of fact, the pro gave it to me since there aren't that many lefties. So, I will use it and maybe by Christmas I'll have the remainder of the set.

I sent my specs to JB Friday afternoon after my fitting. I talked with him this morning and he said they have my specs and all specs have been sent to TM. He was also kind enough to include a note about how TM sets are built Mondays - Thursdays, so he expects our sets to be built and shipped this coming week.

Cant wait (bart scott voice)

Last edited:
I sent my specs to JB Friday afternoon after my fitting. I talked with him this morning and he said they have my specs and all specs have been sent to TM. He was also kind enough to include a note about how TM sets are built Mondays - Thursdays, so he expects our sets to be built and shipped this coming week.

Cant wait (bart scott voice)

WOOHOO!!! What were your specs? Different than you thought, or the same?

And soon the nice unboxing pics/movies will show up on THP!

WOOHOO!!! What were your specs? Different than you thought, or the same?

They were about the same as i thought, but I feel good about getting confirmation. These were fit to me using the TM 'SelectFit' system, Vector Launch, and the Mizuno Shaft Optimizer at Golf Headquarters in Louisville, KY.

- Royal Precision Project X 5.5 Steel Shafts (non flighted)
- 1* upright
- 0.25" shorter than burner 2.0 standard
- Golf Pride VDR White +1 extra tape wrap

Fitting was only $30 too, I figured I'd pay $50 like I've seen most others discuss after their fittings.

Like kids in a candy store! I cant wait for the reviews, almost bought the 2.0's yesterday but they only had regular flex shaft for the demo club and everything was going right. Wish they had stiff...

$30...Wow, that is awesome.

They were about the same as i thought, but I feel good about getting confirmation. These were fit to me using the TM 'SelectFit' system, Vector Launch, and the Mizuno Shaft Optimizer at Golf Headquarters in Louisville, KY.

- 1* upright

Fitting was only $30 too, I figured I'd pay $50 like I've seen most others discuss after their fittings.

Like kids in a candy store! I cant wait for the reviews, almost bought the 2.0's yesterday but they only had regular flex shaft for the demo club and everything was going right. Wish they had stiff...

checkout the burner 2.0 demo thread. maybe someone can send you a demo w. stiff to try. I know lots of demos have been passed around using that thread.

checkout the burner 2.0 demo thread. maybe someone can send you a demo w. stiff to try. I know lots of demos have been passed around using that thread.

I am going to Myrtle tomorrow evening for a week, I will stop by Martins. Pretty sure they will have a stiff flex. I am almost back 100% from an injury so I cant make a full swing but I can atleast play now, Just a club short on distance but I can finally play again.

- 1* upright

Wait, we could pick which shaft we wanted? Or is that just the shaft that's best for you?

Wait, we could pick which shaft we wanted? Or is that just the shaft that's best for you?

That was the shaft the mizuno shaft optimizer matched me to. It was also posted on the TM Burner 2.0 shaft offering, so I included it in my specs as well. Tomahawk18 posted on page 43 post 640, that JB said we could choose any shafts on the TM site. Not sure why the link flix posted above only has 2 options, this page below has many shaft options.

http://www.taylormadegolf.com/burner/specs.aspx

That was the shaft the mizuno shaft optimizer matched me to. It was also posted on the TM Burner 2.0 shaft offering, so I included it in my specs as well. Tomahawk18 posted on page 43 post 640, that JB said we could choose any shafts on the TM site. Not sure why the link flix posted above only has 2 options, this page below has many shaft options.

Hm... Well, then i dont know either :p

Man if I would've known that I would've upgraded from the stock shafts. I love the Project X flighted shafts. I guess the stock shafts will be similar here, since they don't have a consistent kickpoint. We'll see.

JB said to me, quote, "Any options that are available from the TaylorMade website under these irons." Now technically, there are only 2 options on the specific Burner 2.0 page (stock steel, and graphite). Of course there is a but...... there is an entire shaft options page on the site, which shows all of the shaft options offered directly from TM for their iron line. So, I asked for the KBS Tours, 120 gram in stiff, but also requested a stiff in the stock shaft if the KBS was not an option, because there obviously is some grey area here. Bottom line for me, doesn't much matter, I am super happy either way! If I get the stock, it will be an easy transition for me since I play a 90 gram shaft now. From what TC says the stock shaft is awesome, and considering he is the THP shaft expert, I trust him!

JB said to me, quote, "Any options that are available from the TaylorMade website under these irons." Now technically, there are only 2 options on the specific Burner 2.0 page (stock steel, and graphite). Of course there is a but...... there is an entire shaft options page on the site, which shows all of the shaft options offered directly from TM for their iron line. So, I asked for the KBS Tours, 120 gram in stiff, but also requested a stiff in the stock shaft if the KBS was not an option, because there obviously is some grey area here. Bottom line for me, doesn't much matter, I am super happy either way! If I get the stock, it will be an easy transition for me since I play a 90 gram shaft now. From what TC says the stock shaft is awesome, and considering he is the THP shaft expert, I trust him!

I just stuck with the stock shaft. It is most comparable to what I play currently. Plus I figure this would give me a good head-head competition against my diablos.

Congrats to all of the first time testers. Good luck with the testing, and thanks again to THP and Taylormade for yet another great opportunity!

Back