TaylorMade Burner 2.0 Iron Forum Testing - Take 2 Signup

Congrats to the testers selected. I'm looking forward to your write ups. Have fun out on the course with these bad boys.

Nice! Congrats to the testers!

Yorkem's gonna be breaking more terra cotta now with those 2.0's! :golf:

Nah. The 2.0's will hit it over the houses into the swimming pools

Congrats to the testers...these are some solid irons so I can't wait to hear your thoughts.

congrats to you all! I will read the reviews so I can learn what the 2.0's have to offer.

Congrats to the new testers! I'm already having a blast testing the Boccieri so I'm quite happy for all of you.

Congrats to the testers. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

Can't wait to see the testers' reviews on these irons. These are definitely in the running for a future purchase for me. Good luck testers!

congrats to the winners! and thanks to THP and Taylormade for running this!

Hope everyone enjoys these...guess I will keep saving pennies, nickels and dimes to one day have these! Or take out a loan...hmmm....

Last edited:
Congratulations to all the testers. Enjoy yourselves.

T-Rex Yorkem

I am 6'3". And you bring up an intersting question. I was fitted +.5" for standard length irons. Since these come long, do I ignore my fitting and get them standard? Or is part of the advantage the shaft length, which i assume gives more distance, so I would order to my spec? Anyone have a thought?

I went and talked with the GolfTec, and they said my numbers were the same as when I was fit for my Pings, so you should be fine.

Vicious bro.

Nah. The 2.0's will hit it over the houses into the swimming pools

Hahaha! Good call CL! He'll have to change his nickname to "The Splash Down King!"

hahahaha

Last edited:
Congrats to the testers chosen. Looks like a great group of testers, i look forward to your reviews.

I went and talked with the GolfTec, and they said my numbers were the same as when I was fit for my Pings, so you should be fine.

Vicious bro.

Hahaha! Good call CL! He'll have to change his nickname to "The Splash Down King!"[/QUOTE]

hahahaha

Thanks Yorkem, I talked to my TM fitter last night and he said the same thing, although he said it was a personal preference thing too. I am happy with my choice to order +.5" after our discussion. I looked at the 6 iron last night (didn't hit it) and am so excited for this testing. The Burner 2.0 has a great look. The 2 tone makes it look so sleek! I am absolutely itching for range time and to game these bad boys. The only downside I see in the stock 2.0 is the grip. Really didn't like the feel of the stock grip at all. I am so used to the multi compounds that nothing else compares.

Vicious bro.

Thanks Yorkem, I talked to my TM fitter last night and he said the same thing, although he said it was a personal preference thing too. I am happy with my choice to order +.5" after our discussion. I looked at the 6 iron last night (didn't hit it) and am so excited for this testing. The Burner 2.0 has a great look. The 2 tone makes it look so sleek! I am absolutely itching for range time and to game these bad boys. The only downside I see in the stock 2.0 is the grip. Really didn't like the feel of the stock grip at all. I am so used to the multi compounds that nothing else compares.

I was at Golf Galaxy as well last night speaking to the pro trying to figure out if I'm ok with my decision. He said that a +1 will work for me as well. I resisted the urge to grab the 6I and whack a few but man are these things sexy!

I agree, these irons are really good looking, and I can't wait to see how the fit my eye at address.

Has everyone sent in their specs?

I have, but I was just wondering if we were going to get PM's confirming what we are getting or TM contact info or something?

I have, but I was just wondering if we were going to get PM's confirming what we are getting or TM contact info or something?

Seems like a JB question. Is it just me, or does this thread not show up on the new posts even if it should be there based on the time of the last post?

Yeah I havent seen it as much on the new posts page. Not sure if I have just missed it when it was up though.

I dont think we are reviewing the Burner 2.0 Rescue combo set, I think its just the basic 3-P wedges. I have a fitting scheduled tomorrow morning with a certified TM SelectFit fitter I found on the TM site to make sure I get everything fit exactly to my specs. I know it wont be a true apples to apples comparison to my current set, but maybe it can help persuade some folks to try a fitting (this will be my first). I had the urge to just fire off my standard spec email, but want to take the time and do this right.

I will be coming from the Cleveland CG Gold irons with the standard stiff steel shaft, std loft, lie too.

Did you get your fitting? How did it go?

According to JB, they do not have all of the tester specs yet. He said we will hear from them as soon as the orders are all set up.

looks like we are waiting on dubbledxu. Hopefully he got his fitting today and can send in his numbers. I checked, but he is not on THP right now.

Back