ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
TaylorMade jumped into the Hi-Toe wedge space back in 2018. While they weren’t the first company to bring such a wedge to market, they did so with a shape that was a bit cleaner looking than its competitors. It didn’t take long to see the Hi-Toe wedge in the bag of TaylorMade staff players such as Rory McIlroy, and at the time, Justin Rose. With this wedge in his bag, the latter ascended to the top of the world golf rankings later that summer. 

TaylorMade-Hi-Toe-3-Wedges-1.jpeg

Critics of Hi-Toe wedge designs often believe these clubs hold a spot in the bag for specific golf shots. That’s not the case, as TaylorMade has...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Brushed copper looks really good, the face of these is what always throws me for a loop.

Really good looking wedges.

Those are really really good looking wedges.

• Staff
I like what they have done here. Stick with a working design and sprinkle in some changes. I’m a 54 user, so having the full face grooves appeals to me.

I think they have made some subtle improvements without taking away what made those that used the previous line really like them. I do think the finish looks great, but would have preferred multiple options there at launch.

I really liked the previous version. When it was time to replace my wedges earlier this year, availability was limited, so I switched to Callaway. Glad to see these come out. I will definitely consider all of the high toe offerings when it comes time to replace again.

I’ve always liked the color and it may just be me, but they look huge behind the ball. I’ll try one for sure but not certain I’d give it a go.

I’ve always liked the color and it may just be me, but they look huge behind the ball. I’ll try one for sure but not certain I’d give it a go.
It might be you as I feel they sit smaller behind the ball than other high toe designs.

The shaping and finish on these is simply stunning. Wish I was in the market for wedges.

Any know how their finish holds up?

I must see these in person - they might be the best looking full face wedges out there.

It might be you as I feel they sit smaller behind the ball than other high toe designs.

The shaping and finish on these is simply stunning. Wish I was in the market for wedges.

Any know how their finish holds up?

That copper finish with the raw face gives it a pretty good patina look after a while.

That copper finish with the raw face gives it a pretty good patina look after a while.
the copper doesn't wear off after a few rounds like it seemed on another recent copper wedge release?

Why do the TM wedges feel so "hard" to me?
They look great, spin tons, but feel like I'm hitting an anvil...

I like how these look. The high toe 2's lacked spin which was frustrating. I had a very short run with those.

the copper doesn't wear off after a few rounds like it seemed on another recent copper wedge release?

I'll look and see if I still have a Hi-Toe in my basement. It got used for a solid 1/2-3/4 season.

That's interesting to me the HT in the past actually felt pretty good to me. Guess that's why options are a good thing.

really love the look of these. I havent loved the performance of my current wedges so im sure ill give these a try

That's interesting to me the HT in the past actually felt pretty good to me. Guess that's why options are a good thing.
Me as well, although I would definitely say their Hi-Toe models feel different. If you are coming from a Vokey most definitely the TMs are on the softer side. If you are coming from a Cleveland or a Callaway, I always thought they felt a bit firmer.

1660063326765.png

They are going after my heart with this one!

The first HiToe 60* is my favorite wedge of all time. I was so good with it. The Full Toe Callaway version is very new but making a run at taking that over.

Lefty available across the entire line?

That copper is nice, and the hi toe look is something as not a great ball striker that gives me confidence in them.

I've hit TM wedges and that's the first thing I said to the fitter.
"They Feel Hard"

Me as well, although I would definitely say their Hi-Toe models feel different. If you are coming from a Vokey most definitely the TMs are on the softer side. If you are coming from a Cleveland or a Callaway, I always thought they felt a bit firmer.
I demo'd the now prior release pretty extensively when looking at wedges early this year and would agree with this. Cleveland RTX ZipCores felt just a touched softer than the Hi-Toe.

I have yet to hit a HT wedge or really even look at one at address. There is certainly need for them and I kind of like the full face grooves thing, especially these look like they have some fun stuff going on with the grooves. Customization is super cool too

Back