TaylorMade M1 Driver Review Thread

Ebay, you can see a small difference between it and the factory ones but its a weight and clamps up fine.
Great thanks.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Spent some time yesterday at the range dialing in the new setup. I would say I hit the ball pretty high and the 9.5* M1 with Speeder 757 took that out of the equation. Heck I dialed up the loft the full +2 allowable degrees to get the ball flight to what I'm visually used to. Could have been an off day hitting the ball low but going to spending quite a bit of time tomorrow at the range dialing this one all in.

Spent some time yesterday at the range dialing in the new setup. I would say I hit the ball pretty high and the 9.5* M1 with Speeder 757 took that out of the equation. Heck I dialed up the loft the full +2 allowable degrees to get the ball flight to what I'm visually used to. Could have been an off day hitting the ball low but going to spending quite a bit of time tomorrow at the range dialing this one all in.

You are not alone there. I have my 10.5 turned up to 11 degrees and I was punishing the ball pretty well with it this weekend. Got some more work in at the range today and I don't think I need to touch a thing with this driver now. Swing is coming around and I'm just amazed at how low spinning this club is with both backspin and sidespin. Forgiving as can be when I miss low heel as well.

You are not alone there. I have my 10.5 turned up to 11 degrees and I was punishing the ball pretty well with it this weekend. Got some more work in at the range today and I don't think I need to touch a thing with this driver now. Swing is coming around and I'm just amazed at how low spinning this club is with both backspin and sidespin. Forgiving as can be when I miss low heel as well.
I feel the same about the spin, especially the sidespin. Its almost non-existent. My normal miss is not penalizing me as much as it usually would. Im not having the same ball flight issues though. Im set at 9.5 with the flight weight all the way forward and Im getting the most amazing penetrating ball flight.

That said, I finally got out on the course again with my M1 yesterday and played 36. I hit 12 of 16 FIR over the two rounds and I continue to be amazed at how long and straight this club is. Even my bad misses go really long and seem to self correct. I hit a really bad toe hook in the second round yesterday that finished up in a spot that only good hits would go with my old driver. But the really smashed drives go a mile. I had one last week eith a little bit of wind at my back that GPSed at 349. My ball finished in a spot that neither I nor anyone else in my group had ever seen a ball get to. Truly awesome club.

I had the two cart guys hit it after my rounds and they were crushing it as well. The one kid apparently doesnt get along with drivers and hasnt played one in more than a year and he destroyed 4 in a row. He is looking for one as we speak lol

I hit a really bad toe hook in the second round yesterday that finished up in a spot that only good hits would go with my old driver.

I hit one my last time out that was all the way out on the high toe that really surprised me how far it went for how far I missed the center. It took off toward the right a little and curved its way back in to the right side of the fairway and left me only 10-20 yards shy of my best hits on that hole. I feel like I have to put a truly terrible swing on it to get a bad result.

I hit one my last time out that was all the way out on the high toe that really surprised me how far it went for how far I missed the center. It took off toward the right a little and curved its way back in to the right side of the fairway and left me only 10-20 yards shy of my best hits on that hole. I feel like I have to put a truly terrible swing on it to get a bad result.
Yeah, that was my toe miss too. Started out right, then bent back to the middle. I was especially amazed because that isnt a ball flight Im used to seeing. Typically those hits for me start straight, bend hard left and end up in the left rough or worse. The one kid who took some whacks with it hit one low heel that self corrected from left to right and still finished on target. He was as floored by that as I was about the toe hook. Pretty amazing stuff.

I have been thinking about leaving my trusty R1 and moving to a M1. All of these experiences give me hope that it will be good. Hmmmm just gotta go test one out now!

I'm also coming from an R1. The more I played this club the more I liked it. However it has took me about one year to really got used to it.

with the M1 it looks to be the same. At fitting all the numbers were better compared to my R1. But the first rounds were a bit disappointing. Went back to the R1 at my first comp this year.
But have now put the M1 in my bag for the last 2 comps and a 77 and 75 rewarded my for the decision..

Remember a comment in this thread that the M1 needs to be hit a few times before it unleashes its potential.

So give it a try and be patience

I'm also coming from an R1. The more I played this club the more I liked it. However it has took me about one year to really got used to it.

with the M1 it looks to be the same. At fitting all the numbers were better compared to my R1. But the first rounds were a bit disappointing. Went back to the R1 at my first comp this year.
But have now put the M1 in my bag for the last 2 comps and a 77 and 75 rewarded my for the decision..

Remember a comment in this thread that the M1 needs to be hit a few times before it unleashes its potential.

So give it a try and be patience
I cant say that I had a similar experience. The only thing it took me a minute to get used to was the muted sound/feel. I took 3 or 4 cuts on the range before I went to the launch monitor at Club Clash and it immediately put up the best numbers of the day. We were like peas and carrots from the get go. Helps that the shaft was a perfect match too. We are all different though so those experiences are certainly individual.

TaylorMade M1 Driver Review Thread

I can't believe how far the ball flies when you hit this thing high on the face. With my old driver that used to be a pop up that I might get 250-260 out of. With the M1 it sounds like complete garbage up there and barely feels like you made contact, but the carry is amazing! I carried a bunker at 280yds uphill this evening that I would have been beached in with my old driver. I am loving this club.

I feel like I can put a measurement on the forgiveness on the extreme toe hit in my last post. I played the same hole today and hit a good shot and was about 20 yards closer.

The next hole was 353 to the green and I hit a great shot leaving 29 to a front pin.

fh5.png

Played it for the first time on a course. Overall I like the feel better than my R15 on same lz shaft and some of the shots were definitely very low spin and forgiving compared to a usual spin out on r15.

I'll have to give it a go and really get after it once the weather warms up.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

I had a blast hitting Greggdrews M1 this Saturday. Seems to have nice balance and very unbiased shaping.

For TaylorMade, the decision to go with the white/black crown was a good one. It looks insanely good at address.

I had a blast hitting Greggdrews M1 this Saturday. Seems to have nice balance and very unbiased shaping.

For TaylorMade, the decision to go with the white/black crown was a good one. It looks insanely good at address.

Loved the way that 430cc head looked!

Loved the way that 430cc head looked!

In theory I should have gone 460 for the extra forgiveness but that 430 headshape just fit my eye, inspires confidence for me. Even with my struggle this weekend I still really love this driver.

In theory I should have gone 460 for the extra forgiveness but that 430 headshape just fit my eye, inspires confidence for me. Even with my struggle this weekend I still really love this driver.
Is that what it was? 430? I knew it looked pretty compact. Interesting.

Is that what it was? 430? I knew it looked pretty compact. Interesting.

Yep 430, who needs the extra cc's when you don't miss the sweet spot :alien: lol but honestly I just prefer a headshape like that and drivers with a deeper face.

Yep 430, who needs the extra cc's when you don't miss the sweet spot :alien: lol but honestly I just prefer a headshape like that and drivers with a deeper face.
I don't know dude. I missed it pretty bad on 16 and still hit it a long way. Extreme toe.

I don't know dude. I missed it pretty bad on 16 and still hit it a long way. Extreme toe.

Forgiveness wise I do find it to be great on the toe and high still. Low is ok and the heel isn't great but overall I find it to be plenty forgiving most of the time.

Just ordered one of these with a black tie.

I kept trying to fight the urge but every time I hit it it just flat out performed.

Really wish I could have tested it against a sub zero but it's impossible to find one around here.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Its pretty forgiving going out that way. The just above center slightly towards toe has some serious power in that area

Well, considering that's my 'go' zone, I'd say that is a wonderful thing.

Forgiveness wise I do find it to be great on the toe and high still. Low is ok and the heel isn't great but overall I find it to be plenty forgiving most of the time.

haha dude, as long as the ball is getting launched, you make every driver head forgiving.

haha dude, as long as the ball is getting launched, you make every driver head forgiving.
Now you sound like LB44, not saying its a bad thing lol.

Spin and launch wise I would compare this to the Bstone J715 from my experience (both 10.5) but this is waaayyyy more forgiving especially on the toe.

Now you sound like LB44, not saying its a bad thing lol.

Spin and launch wise I would compare this to the Bstone J715 from my experience (both 10.5) but this is waaayyyy more forgiving especially on the toe.

Hmmm what did I do now?

The m1 is extremely solid one great looking head. Hope to see TM build off this and the m2

Back