Taylormade Pros not playing new Taylormade Equipment?

This thread actually got me thinking that a few weeks ago I sent an email to TM about their commercial about these guys "Playing a longer and better driver than R11" What I basically said to them was their commercial made it sound like I wasted my money on my R11 and they were kinda knocking their own company in it. I could understand saying it's better than another company but to put your own down is pretty weak.

Here's the response I received:

Hello,

Thanks for the email.

We apologize for the misunderstanding. However, the comparison between the R11s and the R11 is one of the more common questions we get. The R11 is still a great driver and many people will continue to play it. We do not feel that just because we brought out the R11s that a customer playing an R11 needs to buy a new driver. But for those interested in new products we try to provide the most detail in a fun way.

Thank you again and we wish you continued success with your golf game!

Best regards,

John

TaylorMade - adidas Golf

Luke Donald
Charles Howell
Jonathan Byrd
All use them on the PGA Tour

Stacy Lewis and Chris Wood use them on other tours. I believe Brian Gay might be using them still too, although not under contract. He has been working with quite a few different things as of late.

Bo Van Pelt plays MP59s as well.

Bo Van Pelt plays MP59s as well.

Hmmm. Are you sure? I know he did back in October, but I thought he switched to play Titleist iron in December of last year. Did he switch back?

I saw today Luke Donald uses a RBZ Driver, always thought he had the R11 with the Miz Covers

I saw today Luke Donald uses a RBZ Driver, always thought he had the R11 with the Miz Covers

I was surprised to see Luke playing the RBX also. Do you think it's the same RBZ us mortals can buy?

I was surprised to see Luke playing the RBX also. Do you think it's the same RBZ us mortals can buy?

I would assume so? But thats a good question you never know!

Hmmm. Are you sure? I know he did back in October, but I thought he switched to play Titleist iron in December of last year. Did he switch back?

I saw a pic of his bag at the WGC Cadillac with MP59s in them.

I would assume so? But thats a good question you never know!

It will be the same head as a normal RBZ but the shaft and grip I bet arent going to be factory stock

Back