Taylormade Pros not playing new Taylormade Equipment?

I think the way the ad is presented makes it a little more of a conversation than just a headcover. Even the RBZ commercial just has the guys hitting and talking about the club vs saying 'this leaves my old club behind'.

I agree that the whole "this years model blows last year's model out of the water" conveyed in the commercial is what makes it funny when the pros don't switch. Who knows, they might sooner or later. It does seem that the RBZ fairway is getting some love on tour.

Update the sig then. You know what they say, it's not official until you update your status. That usually applies to Facebook relationship statuses, but still.

HA! Definitely Facebook statuses! Or is stati? Thanks for the reminder!

I think the way the ad is presented makes it a little more of a conversation than just a headcover. Even the RBZ commercial just has the guys hitting and talking about the club vs saying 'this leaves my old club behind'.

Exactly. I love some Taylormade gear but I don't know, my perception of them has changed greatly.

Sometimes. Just as sometimes, they switch the other way. However the tour use numbers on the R11S is quite high percentage wise when you look at comparable "switches" that take place.

Understood for sure my friend.

Guys... I switched from the R11 to the R11s. What more do you need?

There's still this feeling haunting me that wants the R9 TP irons... but the MCs aren't going anywhere.

So you're saying you switched but still play the R11? That's what we're discussing it seems. If you said you switched to the R11s, but still played the R11... would you go into the R11s thread to make updates? What would you feel like if someone did that?

So you're saying you switched but still play the R11? That's what we're discussing it seems. If you said you switched to the R11s, but still played the R11... would you go into the R11s thread to make updates? What would you feel like if someone did that?

I was just being a little silly Yoccos! No, I won't switch back. Demoed the R11S and thought it was a better fit for me.

I get your point and I am on the same page bro. It's funny that they say they play a driver longer, more forgiving, blah blah than the R11, but they don't. Who knows, maybe they'll switch sooner or later.

But, at the same time, I wonder how many switched from the R9 to the R9 460 or Supertri? Maybe the 440 size of the R11 just suits Rose better?

I was just being a little silly Yoccos! No, I won't switch back. Demoed the R11S and thought it was a better fit for me.

I get your point and I am on the same page bro. It's funny that they say they play a driver longer, more forgiving, blah blah than the R11, but they don't. Who knows, maybe they'll switch sooner or later.

But, at the same time, I wonder how many switched from the R9 to the R9 460 or Supertri? Maybe the 440 size of the R11 just suits Rose better?

Lol well dang then you're just killing my point :) I get ya though man. Maybe I need to take a step back from TM and just take it for what it is haha. I think you're right about the size. I dint notice it much but the pro's notice everything I bet!

Like new and improved printed on a box of detergent I guess, makes me wonder why they didn't do it right in the first place.

Probably because they found new ways of changing it. It's the same with any new product. I don't see why this is so shocking.

The truth is many of the pros played an R11 that is tour specific that is even smaller than the 440 R11 it was like 420ccs. It could be that TM hasn't produced enough of the smaller tour version in the R11s. Just a guess.

DJ put the MBs back in the bag last week.

The truth is many of the pros played an R11 that is tour specific that is even smaller than the 440 R11 it was like 420ccs. It could be that TM hasn't produced enough of the smaller tour version in the R11s. Just a guess.
Truth is too that some of the clubs that the pros use arent clubs that are pulled off of the rack and fitted to them. Some of them are custom made clubs that you or I couldnt just go out and buy.
If you go on Ebay and some other golf forums you will find people who are obsessed with tour-issue clubs and will pay a pretty penny for them.

If you go to a smaller tour event or a Nationwide event, you can really get up close to the players, especially near the tee box. I would say more times than not, the headcover is not related to the club underneath. Many times it isn't even the same brand. I have seen many players with a Cleveland headcover pull out a Callaway driver (just an example). I remember one guy I played with in a pro-am had a Callaway bad and headcovers and only had one actual Callaway club.

Loads of guys don't wanna change when they are hitting something well, Lee Westwood said on twitter he's not ready to change because he's driving so well

If you go to a smaller tour event or a Nationwide event, you can really get up close to the players, especially near the tee box. I would say more times than not, the headcover is not related to the club underneath. Many times it isn't even the same brand. I have seen many players with a Cleveland headcover pull out a Callaway driver (just an example). I remember one guy I played with in a pro-am had a Callaway bad and headcovers and only had one actual Callaway club.

Luke Donald has Mizuno head covers but plays TM driver/woods

If Mizuno irons are gods gift to golfers why don't any guys on tour play them? That's a better question.

If Mizuno irons are gods gift to golfers why don't any guys on tour play them? That's a better question.

That is an interesting question. You will have two answers and who knows which one is right. I guess it depends on how much of a fan you are of a particular brand.

Answer 1 - Because they don't pay the guys like Titleist, TaylorMade and others so guys are not playing the equipment.
Answer 2 - Because at one time, they might have made better irons than some other companies, but the rest of the industry have caught up.

The same can be said for Wilson in some ways, the difference being, they don't have the rabid following of Mizuno. Going back a few decades, we quickly forget that the big boys out there at one time in irons were Mizuno, Macgregor and Wilson. Tommy Armour came shortly after that and Titleist followed shortly after that (already big, just not in irons). Ironically, 2 of those 4 are gone (both are house brands) and the other two own a fraction of marketshare.

Are they creating inferior equipment? I don't know, that is not up to me to decide. Is it all just marketing from the big boys? I don't know that either. But when it comes to brand fanatics, few are like Mizuno. Not bad or silly mind you, just seeing things from a different side than what others seem to view.

That is an interesting question. You will have two answers and who knows which one is right. I guess it depends on how much of a fan you are of a particular brand.

Answer 1 - Because they don't pay the guys like Titleist, TaylorMade and others so guys are not playing the equipment.
Answer 2 - Because at one time, they might have made better irons than some other companies, but the rest of the industry have caught up.

The same can be said for Wilson in some ways, the difference being, they don't have the rabid following of Mizuno. Going back a few decades, we quickly forget that the big boys out there at one time in irons were Mizuno, Macgregor and Wilson. Tommy Armour came shortly after that and Titleist followed shortly after that (already big, just not in irons). Ironically, 2 of those 4 are gone (both are house brands) and the other two own a fraction of marketshare.

Are they creating inferior equipment? I don't know, that is not up to me to decide. Is it all just marketing from the big boys? I don't know that either. But when it comes to brand fanatics, few are like Mizuno. Not bad or silly mind you, just seeing things from a different side than what others seem to view.

That is a very good answer and I think pretty spot on. Off hand do you know of anyone on Tour playing Mizuno irons? Does Donald?

That is a very good answer and I think pretty spot on. Off hand do you know of anyone on Tour playing Mizuno irons? Does Donald?

Luke Donald
Charles Howell
Jonathan Byrd
All use them on the PGA Tour

Stacy Lewis and Chris Wood use them on other tours. I believe Brian Gay might be using them still too, although not under contract. He has been working with quite a few different things as of late.

The Mizuno website has 4-5 players listed as those who play their equipment and Donald is one of them. I really like the mizuno irons but can't afford them. I hit them well (and long) in the simulator and they felt great. Their fitting system worked well too. I would probably own a set of JPX 800 pros if I had the money.

I was at the Transitions championship this weekend and I noticed a few players using R9 drivers with R11S headcovers lol

Head on down to your local Edwin Watts, Golfsmith, Dicks, ect. and look at the RBZ stuff in the used bins, they aren't living up to the hype.

I was in a smaller EW the other day and they had 2 hybrids and three 3 woods (or the other way around) they had already gotten back. Call Taylormade Customer Service and see how long it takes to get thru these days, I had a driver issue with my R-11 and it took them 5 weeks to answer my email. Do you think they are busy handling complements or complaints?

That is not necessarily the case. Sometimes, clubs are used so much in demos that they cannot sell as new and must be put in the used bins.
Add to that that they are outselling basically every driver on the market right now and you have to expect some returns. Saw the same thing with the R11 when it came out and it outsold the rest of the drivers on the market almost 4 to 1.

Head on down to your local Edwin Watts, Golfsmith, Dicks, ect. and look at the RBZ stuff in the used bins, they aren't living up to the hype.

I was in a smaller EW the other day and they had 2 hybrids and three 3 woods (or the other way around) they had already gotten back. Call Taylormade Customer Service and see how long it takes to get thru these days, I had a driver issue with my R-11 and it took them 5 weeks to answer my email. Do you think they are busy handling complements or complaints?

The Golf Galaxy's I've been to around here which is three in three states, lol , I've seen no RBZ stuff in the used bin.

Not everyone gets the same results from all equipment. I'm enjoying my RBZ 3wood quite a bit and have gained yardage but my playing partner can't hit it worth a flip. That's why its important to demo before buying.

I've been watching for a 3wood in the used bin and I haven't seen one. I've seen one rbz driver.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Back