TaylorMade Putter Thread

Very nice Doc!

Got to say, me and the Daytona didn't get along so well today. Had a real hard time with distance control. I was online, but blowing everything past the hole. Two three putts in the first four holes. I pulled my STX XForm1 and things settled down nicely. Not going to give up on the Daytona though. I did see the Balero in the golf shop of Governor's Run today. Holy Mama, what a sweet looking putter.

taylor-made-rossa-monza-spider-balero-pp-p3667-01.jpg

Taylormade had a limited amount of all black Itsy Bitsy Spiders available today through 'The Vault' on their web site. All sold out now but they sure did look nice. It also had the AGSI insert on it. I could of picked one up but $275 was too hard to swallow right now.
http://vault.taylormadegolf.com/itsy-bitsy-spider-black/

Meanie, you can't beat the feel of the old kia ma's. Still love the feel of these and think TM needs another solid 100% milled putter like this

I got a TM Daytona 12 Ghost putter during a tournament and really like the feel and weight. I've been rolling it for most of last year and this month. One problem I have with it is the white paint chips easily. I then decided to take all of the white paint off to the bare metal.

Other than that, I really like it.

Got to say, me and the Daytona didn't get along so well today. Had a real hard time with distance control. I was online, but blowing everything past the hole. Two three putts in the first four holes. I pulled my STX XForm1 and things settled down nicely. Not going to give up on the Daytona though. I did see the Balero in the golf shop of Governor's Run today. Holy Mama, what a sweet looking putter.

taylor-made-rossa-monza-spider-balero-pp-p3667-01.jpg

I've got this exact putter in the closet. I'll bring it along to the next Carolinas get together and let you roll it.

Meanie, you can't beat the feel of the old kia ma's. Still love the feel of these and think TM needs another solid 100% milled putter like this
I agree. I am not a fan of inserts and while I do think the AGSI(or whatever they called them) feel pretty good and roll the ball nicely I just cant brig myself to play one. its in my head, if I look down and see anything other than a milled face it messes with me. the kia ma TP is about the best feeling putter I have rolled and I cant figure out why TM won't offer a milled face putter.

I agree. I am not a fan of inserts and while I do think the AGSI(or whatever they called them) feel pretty good and roll the ball nicely I just cant brig myself to play one. its in my head, if I look down and see anything other than a milled face it messes with me. the kia ma TP is about the best feeling putter I have rolled and I cant figure out why TM won't offer a milled face putter.

I feel like they have a strong enough following that they could pull it off... Initially the Kia Ma's were priced too high and I dont think they were marketed well enough. People are familiar with names like Scotty and Betti and are wiling to spend upwards of $350/400 for those but Taylormade is not in that same price point or market... If they had a nice milled putter released at the $200-250 price point I think it would sell like hot cakes

I feel like they have a strong enough following that they could pull it off... Initially the Kia Ma's were priced too high and I dont think they were marketed well enough. People are familiar with names like Scotty and Betti and are wiling to spend upwards of $350/400 for those but Taylormade is not in that same price point or market... If they had a nice milled putter released at the $200-250 price point I think it would sell like hot cakes
I agree. TM has enough of a name and following that peolpe would take a good hard look at a milled putter with their name on it if its priced right. Look at the new OS putters they just released. Thise things are ugly and have that springy aluminum insert and people are going googly eyed for them at over $200 each.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

I agree. TM has enough of a name and following that peolpe would take a good hard look at a milled putter with their name on it if its priced right. Look at the new OS putters they just released. Thise things are ugly and have that springy aluminum insert and people are going googly eyed for them at over $200 each.

Unless their putter sales have been dwindling over the pat few seasons.

I'm a big TM fan, and love their putters. However, I was SHOCKED to go in to a golf shop a few weeks back and see a milled version of a DLL that I have never even seen mentioned before.

Unless their putter sales have been dwindling over the pat few seasons.

I'm a big TM fan, and love their putters. However, I was SHOCKED to go in to a golf shop a few weeks back and see a milled version of a DLL that I have never even seen mentioned before.
It was probably a tour issue or something. Was it $700 or some crazy price? I'll tell you what, if they released a version of Justin Rose's milled putter that thing would sell like crazy. Whenever they release putters in the vault for unthinkable prices they sell out ASAP. Imagine if they had one at the $200-250 price point.

It was probably a tour issue or something. Was it $700 or some crazy price? I'll tell you what, if they released a version of Justin Rose's milled putter that thing would sell like crazy. Whenever they release putters in the vault for unthinkable prices they sell out ASAP. Imagine if they had one at the $200-250 price point.

Umm, no, it was the new DLL+. $249.99

Umm, no, it was the new DLL+. $249.99
Wow. Thats surpising. Its full milled? Not just a milled insert? Thats good news if thats the case. Maybe they will bring more milled versions to retail.

Wow. Thats surpising. Its full milled? Not just a milled insert? Thats good news if thats the case. Maybe they will bring more milled versions to retail.

Milled insert.

I got the TaylorMade Ghost Spider 2 and TaylorMade Gloire DA-12. But now gaming with SC Newport 2.5

Sent from my iPhone6 using Tapatalk

I still have this one and like it. The aluminum AGSI was just awesome.

sebring1_cgb_agsi_large.jpg

Im excited about this one. Picked it up for $47 on ebay. Ive been looking for one for a while. Rolled it on the carpet and it is awesome.
3f675406aa75af8510adcdbb850a1eba.jpg

4bae4dae40e6cc13560f5b84e3038279.jpg

67c8c312e637c31e11f607b90721cd2c.jpg

d0a57c0da86e1584897f40d970b8b617.jpg

Anyone else excited to see some newness coming from TM in their putters this week?

I am.

I bet THP is going to have some fantastic coverage on them for us, as well!

I wonder if the size of the new inserts are the same as the old AGSI inserts. If so how hard would it be to put the AGSI in the new putter.

I wonder if the size of the new inserts are the same as the old AGSI inserts. If so how hard would it be to put the AGSI in the new putter.
There is a guy who does custom inserts. I wonder if one could get him to "recreate" the AGSI. May send him an email ...

Dialed in the Daytona today and was dropping bombs. 13 putts on the front, 17 on the back. Had a couple just lip out as well, so could have dipped below 30 if at least one had fallen. Going to keep her in the bag for awhile and see how consistent I play with her.

Anyone else excited to see some newness coming from TM in their putters this week?

I am.

I bet THP is going to have some fantastic coverage on them for us, as well!

I'm with you. I'm a ghost fan and am looking forward to new drops from TM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back