Picked up my new Qi10 LS today. I was able to do a quick comparison against my current gamer - Rogue Max. Both heads are 10.5, the Qi10 is turned down 1.75* and the Rogue 1*. Qi10 has a stock Ventus Blue TR and the Rogue has a stock Ventus Blue, both are stiff. It’s day one but I am liking the Qi10 so far.View attachment 9244553
Those numbers are a huge difference!

Last edited:
From testing the max version I think they could have made an 8* option with how much it spins.

Quite frankly, I am underwhelmed by the Qi 10. Cobra, Callaway and Ping all have new drivers that are both longer and straighter for me.

Your results may vary, but for me the difference between the QI10 and the others is not some minor difference. The difference is enough that the Qi10 could cost $300.00 less than the others and I still wouldn't bag it.
Seriously.

Quite frankly, I am underwhelmed by the Qi 10. Cobra, Callaway and Ping all have new drivers that are both longer and straighter for me.

Your results may vary, but for me the difference between the QI10 and the others is not some minor difference. The difference is enough that the Qi10 could cost $300.00 less than the others and I still wouldn't bag it.
Seriously.
I agree you should go with what works for you. The Qi is first non-Callaway club I have purchased in years. I went in to my fitting with mind set on a Ai Smoke TD.

I got along with Qi well on the first test. As I rotated it between other clubs the numbers and ball flight just didn’t lie. Even after I ordered I wondered if I should have gone with the Ai Smoke. We will see how I get on with it this season but so far I am glad I went into my fitting with an open mind

I'm happy someone other than ping is making strides in forgiveness.

Swung @That post Qi10 today and really enjoyed it. The sound is terrific. TaylorMade did an awesome job on that, as well as the overall look of the driver, the blue looks fantastic on the face. Hit the best drive of the day with it, really worth a look this year for those curious.

Swung @That post Qi10 today and really enjoyed it. The sound is terrific. TaylorMade did an awesome job on that, as well as the overall look of the driver, the blue looks fantastic on the face. Hit the best drive of the day with it, really worth a look this year for those curious.
We both hit the Qi-10 really well today. The one you hit on 18 was really nice. As I mentioned out there it’s so more forgiving than my previous driver.

I feel like I really have to put a terrible swing on it to hit it bad and even my few bad swings off the tee today it still kept me in play. And the good swings were VERY GOOD results. I’m enjoying the qi-10 so far and I’m glad you did as well!

I was immediately comfortable with the max version when I tried it.

Had my first tournament of the year with the Qi10 (reg) in the bag. And it performed stellar. 10 of 14 fairways. And three of the four misses were within two yards of the fairway. The forth was a $#! swing that no club could have saved. Have been very accurate since I bought it. But hadn’t seen the distance due to wet golf courses (lots of rain here). The course was finally dry. And my normal 200-210 drives exploded. What I saw on the launch monitor finally showed up in action, averaging 224.4 for the tournament. Now it was windy and that will account for the bombs (for me) that I hit. But I did have a 219 into 15 mph headwind.

Qi-10 was on fire today. I'm sure speed training is helping a ton but I was hitting the ball an easy 10-15y past my usual spots at the club today. I'm still convinced I'll need to put the worst swing of all time on the ball to get myself out of play. It's such an easy driver to hit. The head and shaft (Ventus 6s) pairing is going to be a real weapon for me this year.

It's still early and I can already say I'm more confident in driver than I've ever been.
Ever been....

Last edited:
Got my demo club in to try. Will add some launch monitor details vs the TSR2 this week / weekend (y)

I did a thing…

IMG_9940.jpeg

1 it was free. 2 I’ll tell you more after Saturday.
By “tell you more after Saturday,” do you mean the entire forum has to wait for this news?

By “tell you more after Saturday,” do you mean the entire forum has to wait for this news?
No, just after I play Saturday. Meaning I’ll have more to say about it then.

Tested these out yesterday…

The std and max heads were quite good for me. The std head looks way better at address to my eye, so planning to go with one of those. Qi10 and Cally Trip D gave me the best speed, TripD was just too low spin for me.

Last edited:
QI is becoming an automatic weapon for me out there. I literally cannot hit a ball OB with it. Today on #5 I double-crossed one so bad I thought for sure it was going to be in someone's kitchen it was 5 feet off the fairway left.

Here is a clip of that QI double cross.

I also had some really solid shots with it today too. Had a couple of bombs that in non-soggy conditions would have rolled out to around 290 I bet. Instead, they dropped and stopped at right around 260-270y.

Picked up my new Qi10 LS today. I was able to do a quick comparison against my current gamer - Rogue Max. Both heads are 10.5, the Qi10 is turned down 1.75* and the Rogue 1*. Qi10 has a stock Ventus Blue TR and the Rogue has a stock Ventus Blue, both are stiff. It’s day one but I am liking the Qi10 so far.View attachment 9244553
Those are fantastic improvements, congrats on your purchase. Have heard a lot of positives on the Qi10 … go out and hit some 💣💣💣!

Got some data on the Flightscope today. Set everything to sea level, 65 degrees, no wind to get the baseline numbers. 9 shots each, 3 at a time. Couple bad outliers deleted while going.

Club 1 = TSR2, 8.75 degrees, Graphite Design AD IZ-6s (60g, Stiff)
Club 2 = Qi10 Max, 9 degrees, HZRDUS Black, 6.0, 70 (70g, Stiff)

Fun to get some data on the results, somewhat what I would expect. TSR a little longer, wider dispersion. QI10 Max a little shorter, higher spin, STRAIGHT. Both great clubs. I am not a great driver of the ball can be an absolute liability with a driver in my hand so it was fun seeing some added consistency with the Qi10 Max. Hopefully will have the opportunity to get them both out on the course next weekend while I still have the demo.

720EB9D7-F5F3-4ACD-A145-0B78B9F955A2.png
B8830053-5D0B-462B-9166-71C391707632_1_105_c.jpeg

I was able to get the Qi10 LS out on the course for the first time today. It was good to finally hit outside and not worry about all the numbers that come with hitting in the sim.

Overall it was a a great driving day (putting on the other hand was atrocious) - I hit 10 of 14 fairways and didn’t have a drive that put me in too bad of shape. Bombed one about 290 with some help from the wind. Had the confidence to take an aggressive line over some water on the #1 handicap hole and left a PW into this green. I have never really gotten along well with Taylor Made drivers in the past but I feel like I found a winner with this head.

Attachments

• IMG_0061.jpeg
    IMG_0061.jpeg
    124.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I took a few swings with a Qi10 Max driver during lunch. The forgiveness is absolutely amazing. The problem is that it was spinning in the 3300 to 3500 range for me, with the Tensei Blue shaft. I don’t think that I could get the spin down into a range that would give me the distance I need from a driver, but it really was impressive. It also looked gigantic behind the ball.

Back