I took a few swings with a Qi10 Max driver during lunch. The forgiveness is absolutely amazing. The problem is that it was spinning in the 3300 to 3500 range for me, with the Tensei Blue shaft. I don’t think that I could get the spin down into a range that would give me the distance I need from a driver, but it really was impressive. It also looked gigantic behind the ball.
I was using the HZRDUS Black - some of the better strikes stayed down in the 24-2600 range but still with such a low spin shaft liked to still stay up around that 3000 number.

Taylormade actually has a "try then buy" demo I am trying out. You get a two week demo to work with and see how they compare to your current driver. I put in an order for a Qi10 Max first, but I don't believe it has shipped yet.

Figured this would be a good way to see how it compares for a couple weeks as I have a launch monitor / simulator software at home. Looking forward to the comparison but unfortunately nothing to report yet.
Highly recommend this option!! You can even order a premium upgrade shaft. Saved me a lot of money from a failed experiment

I ordered a Stealth 2 with Ventus TR Red

I took a few swings with a Qi10 Max driver during lunch. The forgiveness is absolutely amazing. The problem is that it was spinning in the 3300 to 3500 range for me, with the Tensei Blue shaft. I don’t think that I could get the spin down into a range that would give me the distance I need from a driver, but it really was impressive. It also looked gigantic behind the ball.
Lots of mixed results with this one compared to the g430 10k. Most reviews are seeing the 2700 - 3000 spin from qi10 max compared to 2200 - 2500 from the Ping.

I tried the Qi10 Max 9* lofted down to 7.5* with a Ventus Black. Average spin was 2300 and very tight dispersion but lacked ball speed

I really think the standard Qi10 head is the way to go this year

Absolute smoke show with the QI today. I only missed 4 fairways with it and those were just barley off.

Was hitting bombs like this one with it most of the day too.
1710280578874.png

Qi-10 and TP5x is a match made in heaven.

Thanks for the write up Jman. I have the Qi10 on order. Delivery date of 3/19. So excited to upgrade from the Sim2. Not that I hit the Sim2 terrible. But I definitely feel like there is a distance loss from my last driver from a different manufacturer. Will hop in with my thoughts once I've had a chance to hit it. Yep, I bought without hitting. I'm a rebel.

Got my Taylormade order delivered today. Was a bit surprised that there wasn't an adjustment wrench included. I must have missed that somewhere when I ordered. TM chat rep said one can be ordered for $12.99 or an older wrench will work. Not sure if I will need to adjust it but I believe I have some TM wrenches somewhere. Probably hidden in one of my Morgan Cup bags. That's where i store a lot of golf stuff. lol

Got my Taylormade order delivered today. Was a bit surprised that there wasn't an adjustment wrench included. I must have missed that somewhere when I ordered. TM chat rep said one can be ordered for $12.99 or an older wrench will work. Not sure if I will need to adjust it but I believe I have some TM wrenches somewhere. Probably hidden in one of my Morgan Cup bags. That's where i store a lot of golf stuff. lol
Any of the wrenches going years back definitely will work. I’d bet if you walked into your local store and told them you didn’t get a wrench, they would give you one, even though you didn’t purchase there. If all else fails, pm me and I will send you one of mine.

Any of the wrenches going years back definitely will work. I’d bet if you walked into your local store and told them you didn’t get a wrench, they would give you one, even though you didn’t purchase there. If all else fails, pm me and I will send you one of mine.
Thanks for the offer. I'm sure I have one somewhere. I believe I got one for each club when I ordered my Sim2. But don't quite remember. I know I have at least one.

Took a few swings with the Qi10 in the showroom at work. It is definitely lighter than the Sim2. Pretty excited to get this in play.

Anyone else have a chance to put some swings on the Qi10 line? I have mine hidden under my truck seat. Hiding them from the "BOSS" lol. Don't want to explain why I bought new woods. I can't wait to hit this driver, if only NW Ohio weather would cooperate.

Ordered a 9* & 10.5* standard Qi10 to try from Global Golf Utry. Put the shaft from my mini driver in the 10.5* lofted up .75* and headed to the course. Played the front 9 with it and it was horrible. Short and wild. I hit one that was a bomb for me but it was a pull hook oob. Put the 9* lofted up .75* in play with the same shaft on the back. Much better results but not really any longer than my BRNR. Could be a confidence thing. I feel like I can hit every fairway with the BRNR, not so much with this. I could probably do a fitting or some trial and error and get the confidence with it and squeeze out a few more yards but I don’t see enough potential gains to justify the investment.

Just when I thought that I had decided on my driver, I took the Qi10 LS to the range to compare it it to what I have believed would be my gamer. According to Swing Caddy, the Qi10 LS was giving me 150 ball speed. I could not get above 149 with the other driver. Both had similar ball flight and dispersion. 150 ball speed is kind of my magical barrier. My goal the last few years has been to get my driver ball speed to 150 or higher, once my swing is rounding into shape. Now, I am reconsidering.

IMG_6529.jpegIMG_6530.jpeg

Picked up a qi10 9° with the stock diamana t+ shaft. The shape suits my eye, and the spin numbers were solid and consistent. Dispersion was very good. It was a tough choice with some very worthy competitors, but I am happy to bag this one for the year. This is my first ever Taylormade driver. Now I will explore shafts.

Season 4 Ninja GIF by The Office

A little Ninja action!

IMG_0827.jpegIMG_0828.jpeg

This blacked out iteration is phenomenal looking…. Huge fan! Love the Matt head.

IMG_0830.jpeg

I had a customer send back my cracked S2 plus driver head. They want to send me the same head. Odd that some people get Qi10’s and others get S2. So I told them don’t bother, I’ll sit on it for a few months and call them myself…. Some vital info was left out, so I’ll end up with a Qi10.

My only dilemma is loft of the max. I do get a couple more mph if ball speed off the core model but the max is automatic. I would like the 9 but with the left bias I could either change out the heel weight or go to a 10.5 amd loft down to open the face. Might go that route

Enjoying my first testing of the Qi Ninja.

Sounds nice, really enjoy the address look with the flat paint and leading edge accent for alignment. Feel like TaylorMade really has a nice stick here.

IMG_0848.jpeg

Sounds nice, really enjoy the address look with the flat paint and leading edge accent for alignment. Feel like TaylorMade really has a nice stick here.

View attachment 9251013
That's a large part of why I'm drawn to it this year. The cleaner look with that subtle but effective alignment line. On that blackout head it's basically perfection. 😍

View attachment 9251013
Great numbers!!!

$28 well spent imo
IMG_9324.jpeg

Back