TaylorMade R11 Irons Reviews

Took these to the range today, and was striking the ball much better. I mainly spent time with the 4, 7 and AW. I'm amazed at the distance I'm seeing on strikes out on the toe. I'm losing distance, but not nearly as much as I have come to expect. It is an absolute treat to look down on these irons at address, They are just look great. To get the forgiveness I'm seeing out of an iron with these looks is simply astonishing to me.

As forgiving as these irons are, they really shine when you hit them in the sweet spot. I hit alot of forgiving irons before settling on these, but non that feel as smooth as these do when hit on the sweet spot. The ball just jumps off the club face and it is just a great feeling, even with range balls. If I manage to hit them like this on the course tomorrow with penta, I can just imagine the feeling then.

My ball flight is HIGH. I would swear I was losing distance if it wasn't for the nuclear distances I was seeing on well struck balls on the course yesterday. It just starts climbing, and doesn't seem to want to stop. The ball just keeps going. I don't have a knockdown shot in my bag, it almost always ends up with a topped ball or a low slice. I'm going to have to work to get the ball low when I need to.

I also spent a little time chipping with the AW. As of now I will keep using my 52* W/S TW9. I'm going to have to figure out what direction to head with my wedges here shortly.

So far I am loving these clubs. The look, feel, distance, and forgiveness are all just incredible. As I get my ball striking back to where it was a month or so ago, I think I am going to see my scores drop drastically.

Glad to see that you have fixed your little issue. See you tomorrow...

Took these to the range today, and was striking the ball much better. I mainly spent time with the 4, 7 and AW. I'm amazed at the distance I'm seeing on strikes out on the toe. I'm losing distance, but not nearly as much as I have come to expect. It is an absolute treat to look down on these irons at address, They are just look great. To get the forgiveness I'm seeing out of an iron with these looks is simply astonishing to me.

As forgiving as these irons are, they really shine when you hit them in the sweet spot. I hit alot of forgiving irons before settling on these, but non that feel as smooth as these do when hit on the sweet spot. The ball just jumps off the club face and it is just a great feeling, even with range balls. If I manage to hit them like this on the course tomorrow with penta, I can just imagine the feeling then.

My ball flight is HIGH. I would swear I was losing distance if it wasn't for the nuclear distances I was seeing on well struck balls on the course yesterday. It just starts climbing, and doesn't seem to want to stop. The ball just keeps going. I don't have a knockdown shot in my bag, it almost always ends up with a topped ball or a low slice. I'm going to have to work to get the ball low when I need to.

I also spent a little time chipping with the AW. As of now I will keep using my 52* W/S TW9. I'm going to have to figure out what direction to head with my wedges here shortly.

So far I am loving these clubs. The look, feel, distance, and forgiveness are all just incredible. As I get my ball striking back to where it was a month or so ago, I think I am going to see my scores drop drastically.

Nice update wake, just makes me ponder these irons even more.

Aren't the R11s comparable to the Razr X Tours?

I think I am going to get to hit these finally today! I can't wait to see how they hit. With all the great talk about them, I am a little bit excited.

Nice update wake, just makes me ponder these irons even more.

X10, I am almost ready to pull the trigger but I may wait for the TM demo day at my club 1st. But I want them bad...

I think based on the great feedback I am reading about these irons and the forgiveness that many of you are seeing I am going to go for a set of these instead of the MCs. I have someone looking at buying my irons right now and if everything goes through then I will be getting a set of these within the next couple of weeks.

I think based on the great feedback I am reading about these irons and the forgiveness that many of you are seeing I am going to go for a set of these instead of the MCs. I have someone looking at buying my irons right now and if everything goes through then I will be getting a set of these within the next couple of weeks.

Good luck buddy. I think it's a smart move and I think you're going to love the combo of distance and forgiveness out of them.

Comparison between the R11 and Burner 2.0:

I like that Mark Crossfield but I wish he'd give more data. Personally, I like that he likens the R11's to the 2.0's, b/c those are some sick irons.

This thread and it's awesomeness is making me have bad thoughts. :bulgy-eyes:

I like that Mark Crossfield but I wish he'd give more data. Personally, I like that he likens the R11's to the 2.0's, b/c those are some sick irons.

I like him too but in every video he seems to question why they made the R11's like they weren't going to. There were R7's and R9's and holy crap R11's too.

Same here man. WTF is wrong with us?

I'm going to see if Dr. Drew will take sexy club needing as an addiction. I need to be fixed

I do too, but he leaves out far too much information. So far, he has said that they are "the same" as the CBs and now likens them to 2.0s. I have spent considerable time with both professionals and amateurs and these sets and they are extremely different. I also believe that testing this off of mats, eliminates any sole differences that he would encounter.

I do too, but he leaves out far too much information. So far, he has said that they are "the same" as the CBs and now likens them to 2.0s. I have spent considerable time with both professionals and amateurs and these sets and they are extremely different. I also believe that testing this off of mats, eliminates any sole differences that he would encounter.

I would agree. His stuff is way inconclusive and there's nothing that sways me at all. Truth be told, it's like he reads a brochure about the irons, grabs the irons, turns on a camera, and makes these videos. But for some odd reason I like him. He has some cool instructional videos too. Like I said, I loved the 2.0's so if these perform similarly, then I'm good to go.

I like him too but in every video he seems to question why they made the R11's like they weren't going to. There were R7's and R9's and holy crap R11's too.

hahaha, I just saw this. I actually think he likes them, he's just not good at providing some data that I want.

I finally hit a 6 iron with a kbs 90 shaft yesterday at golf galaxy. I hit it in the cage so I don't have numbers, but was very pleased with them. They surprised me with how soft they felt. My 775 CB set is forged (even though people tell me they aren't really, but the hosel says forged) and I thought the r11 irons felt softer. They felt effortless and very forgiving. Now I need to them on a monitor before pulling the trigger

I would agree. His stuff is way inconclusive and there's nothing that sways me at all. Truth be told, it's like he reads a brochure about the irons, grabs the irons, turns on a camera, and makes these videos. But for some odd reason I like him. He has some cool instructional videos too. Like I said, I loved the 2.0's so if these perform similarly, then I'm good to go.

I have always liked his delivery. However watching these last two videos makes me question his eye sight.

I finally got to hit the 6 iron of these clubs today. I thought it was a nice feel. I didn't really notice a ton of distance difference from my R9s. Maybe 5-10 yards, it was hard to tell on the range how far I was going over the flag. I thought they had a bit more feel to them than my R9s. You could really feel were on the face the ball was hitting. I don't know if it is way off of my R9s, but a little bit more. I think the looks are nice too. They remind me of the R9 TP looks. Nice back with a clean design. I can't wait to get my R9 TPs in, so I can compare them to the R11s. I feel like there is not going to be much difference other than the distance. I think the R11s will be about a club longer. I really want to hit the rest of the set to make a full decision on my interested in them.

Put them side by side, each offers a lot in an iron. I liked what I felt when I swung both.

Kongfrontation

I think his point is that the 2.0s and CB are very similar so he doesnt get why they made the R11. His theory is that TM is trying to cash in on the success of the R11 driver and figured, "people who like their R11 will buy a set of irons if we put R11 on it, so why not?"

I dont think he intends it to be a conclusive, scientific evaluation. He merely hits them and gives his opinion. I respect him for not being afraid to say that he thinks the R11s are all marketing.
The thing about his videos that I always found really interesting is that he loves Mizunos and Pings, which are often 2 brands on the opposite side of the spectrum in terms of club design. I mean, in 1 video he will say how much he loves the soft feel of a forged Mizuno and then in another video say he loves Pings for how the ball shoots off of the clubface.

I dont think he intends it to be a conclusive, scientific evaluation. He merely hits them and gives his opinion. I respect him for not being afraid to say that he thinks the R11s are all marketing.
The thing about his videos that I always found really interesting is that he loves Mizunos and Pings, which are often 2 brands on the opposite side of the spectrum in terms of club design. I mean, in 1 video he will say how much he loves the soft feel of a forged Mizuno and then in another video say he loves Pings for how the ball shoots off of the clubface.

But why are the R11's all marketing. They are an iron that offers golfers the distance of the 2.0's, but they are also an iron that possesses the profiles and sleekness of the CB's. I think you just like him b/c he's also a Mizuno homer. There's nothing wrong with that. I imagine he drools and talks about how soft and buttery Mizuno's are. He just hooks you in with his Mizuno sex appeal doesn't he?

Back