TaylorMade Releases RocketBallz RBZ Driver & Tour Driver

Not to get too crazy-ok I am - but to some sound translates to feel. The RBZ tour driver head has a ting sound. My Superfast has a nice thug sound that I prefer. Kind of like when you thin an iron - sound is bad but sometimes the shot turns out ok. So for $30 plus shipping to NC I think its worth getting it done.

What's going on here, are you guys saying these clubs (i.e. RBZ, R11s) sound bad and you have to have them altered? I'd rather buy a driver that doesn't require any modifications.

Not at all, I just like my drivers to sound muted, the R11s doesnt sound to bad at all stock, the RBZ isnt horrible either. Neither of these drivers "require" modification, its just all person preference kinda like what shaft you use, if you like black or white better etc.

I just bought the Rocketballz Tour Driver, stiff shaft, 9 degrees. I loved hitting at the range at the store, should be able to play some golf this weekend I hope! Can't wait to hit it on the course. The clubhead cover is pretty sweet, so if I hit it bad, at least the bag will look pimped out.

Well i have just got back from the fitting and im the proud owner of a new taylormade driver.

We stated off with the rbz in stock stiff 9* it felt good but i was spinning it in the high 4000s

The fitter then said we should try the tour version which had a deeper face which should help drop the spin along with a few shaft options to help bring it down.

my best numbers (average) with the 9* with the xcon 6 were as follows as close as i can remember!

ss 106
ball speed 158
smash factor 1.48
launch 14
spin 3000ish
total 266

All with baby draws.

I did hit a few over the 275 mark with a smash factor of 1.53 being the highest smash factor.

We then put the HD6 in to try and lower the spin but to be honest there was very little in it and he said that with a few lessons i would be able to help my angle of attack and lower my spin.

So far the winner is the rbz tour 9* with the xcon 6.

Then I hit the r11s with the rip phenom. There wasnt a great improvement from the rbz and my dispersions wasnt as good as the rbz. I did snot one out to 296 with the 11s but it just wasnt as good in the accuracy department.

i know my spin was abit high along with the spin so we used the fct to lower a degree and bang perfect.

All in all i am very pleased with my purchase and even better its all free.

now i just need to splash out on a vdr in white to top the look off.

Anyone knowledgable with the RBZ drivers?

Anyone knowledgable with the RBZ drivers?

I have a 2008 10.5 Burner Bomb, and was thinking about upgrading to the Rocketballz driver. Any thoughts?

Have you had a chance to hit the RBZ driver?

Doh, must have been searching wrong, thanks!

Have you had a chance to hit the RBZ driver?

I have not yet, planning to go this weekend. Price is a little concerning, but I'll look at my options.

I have not yet, planning to go this weekend. Price is a little concerning, but I'll look at my options.

Most here will always tell you to hit a club before you buy it. If you are getting $300 worth of forgiveness, distance, and accuracy, it might just be worth it. :)

Most here will always tell you to hit a club before you buy it. If you are getting $300 worth of forgiveness, distance, and accuracy, it might just be worth it. :)
True that, or I could always wait until the price drops.

I hit this driver today and came away impressed. I was hitting my R11, the R11s and the Tour RBZ all with my current shaft and I have to say that I was getting the best results with the Tour RBZ. Is the Tour RBZ 460ccs? It looks smaller than the R11s.

I picked up the RBZ tour driver today after a long session on the monitor between this and the R11s. Both of these drivers felt great, but the RBZ was about 5-10 yards longer and tighter dispersion. The RBZ feels real sweet when its hit on the screws. Im looking forward to getting it out on the course soon.

Anyone hit the RBZ side by side with the new Cobra AMP? I'm curious how these two compare. Thanks

Anyone hit the RBZ side by side with the new Cobra AMP? I'm curious how these two compare. Thanks

I hit both, along with the Nike VR_S and Callaway Razr Fit. I had mixed feelings from all of the drivers listed that day. All were close to 9* of loft with stock stiff shafts.

Nike: Felt great at impact but the stock shaft was very soft. I would like to see what that head felt like with a more fitting shaft for my swing.

Cobra: Not a big fan of the looks and it was shorter than the Nike. The stock shaft didn't impress me either. Had another guy in there with me that loved it though.

Razr Fit: Looked the best of the bunch. Head seemed smaller than 460cc (and it very well may be). It felt great but per the monitor was the shortest of the bunch distance wise for my swing. I can't say enough about how much I liked the looks and feel of the head though.

RBZ: My launch numbers were over 18* and the spin was also tremendously high. Because of that I was not a fan. It looked good at address so no complaints there though.

At the end of the day, my Z-star had the highest SS and total distance for my swing. I was also much more accurate with it. I am going to get fitted by a pro in Memphis on Saturday so hopefully I will have a chance to test multiple heads with shafts and can let you know more about what each head will do when paired with the correct shaft for me.

Finally getting around to posting some thoughts on my Tour RBZ driver - 9degree regular flex. I received the driver the first week of February and I've gotten about 15 rounds under my belt with it now. I play most of my rounds on my home club that features 36 holes. I've been playing these courses for 12 years so know how I hit my previous drivers (TM '08 Burner Tour 10.5dg Rflex from fall of '08 to this Feb., TM R7 Sflex 10.5dg gamed less then 6 months, Titleist 975D Sflex10.5dg '98 to '08) on them. I also have a skycaddie so have GPS verified measurements.

On my first range session with the Driver I was producing either a pronounced fade or a full on slice. Was to be expected with going from a 10.5 degree down to a 9 degree. My previous ball flight with the Tour Burner had been straight or a draw, with my common miss being a pull hook. On my second range session tried again at 9 degree with same results. Used the tuneability of the RBZ Tour to raise the loft to a 9.5 degree and this produced straight to medium fades with my very occasional miss being a slice. I've kept the driver at this setting ever since. As Trevino said, "you can talk to a fade but a hook won't listen". I've hit only four hooks with this setup on the RBZ Tour and two of those were on the range.

Now my on course thoughts. First distance - I've picked up on average 15yds with the Tour RBZ according to my skycaddie. I feel like those averages may increase as my comfort with the club grows. As an example in one 18 hole round last weekend I hit the best drive I had ever hit in 12 years on 6 different holes. I'm certainly enjoying the distance increase but I'm even more happy with how accurate the club is for me. My percentage of fairways hit is up and my missed fairways are very playable a majority of the time.

So happy to say that I'm experiencing some serious driver love for my Tour RBZ. Has become my favorite club in the bag.

Ok, as I posted here and the R11s thread I have had a 2 week long shootout between these 2 drivers and which I will use this season. First off both of these drivers are beautiful and feel great, visually I really do prefer the R11s at address and overall think it looks great. I cannot go on looks alone and based on monitor and 5-7 range sessions the RBZ clearly won out. After adjusting both drivers to fit my swing the RBZ just outperforms for me. I have been getting about 10-15 more yards and much tighter dispersion overall. I will say about the 2 shafts the Matrix Xcon fits my swing more and Im having to fight the Phenom to load and release compared to the Xcon. To sum up the distance is nice with the RBZ but the ability to keep the RBZ flight much straighter put it over the top. Again both clubs are great the RBZ just fit my swing better.

Finally getting around to posting some thoughts on my Tour RBZ driver - 9degree regular flex. I received the driver the first week of February and I've gotten about 15 rounds under my belt with it now. I play most of my rounds on my home club that features 36 holes. I've been playing these courses for 12 years so know how I hit my previous drivers (TM '08 Burner Tour 10.5dg Rflex from fall of '08 to this Feb., TM R7 Sflex 10.5dg gamed less then 6 months, Titleist 975D Sflex10.5dg '98 to '08) on them. I also have a skycaddie so have GPS verified measurements.

On my first range session with the Driver I was producing either a pronounced fade or a full on slice. Was to be expected with going from a 10.5 degree down to a 9 degree. My previous ball flight with the Tour Burner had been straight or a draw, with my common miss being a pull hook. On my second range session tried again at 9 degree with same results. Used the tuneability of the RBZ Tour to raise the loft to a 9.5 degree and this produced straight to medium fades with my very occasional miss being a slice. I've kept the driver at this setting ever since. As Trevino said, "you can talk to a fade but a hook won't listen". I've hit only four hooks with this setup on the RBZ Tour and two of those were on the range.

Now my on course thoughts. First distance - I've picked up on average 15yds with the Tour RBZ according to my skycaddie. I feel like those averages may increase as my comfort with the club grows. As an example in one 18 hole round last weekend I hit the best drive I had ever hit in 12 years on 6 different holes. I'm certainly enjoying the distance increase but I'm even more happy with how accurate the club is for me. My percentage of fairways hit is up and my missed fairways are very playable a majority of the time.

So happy to say that I'm experiencing some serious driver love for my Tour RBZ. Has become my favorite club in the bag.

Ok, as I posted here and the R11s thread I have had a 2 week long shootout between these 2 drivers and which I will use this season. First off both of these drivers are beautiful and feel great, visually I really do prefer the R11s at address and overall think it looks great. I cannot go on looks alone and based on monitor and 5-7 range sessions the RBZ clearly won out. After adjusting both drivers to fit my swing the RBZ just outperforms for me. I have been getting about 10-15 more yards and much tighter dispersion overall. I will say about the 2 shafts the Matrix Xcon fits my swing more and Im having to fight the Phenom to load and release compared to the Xcon. To sum up the distance is nice with the RBZ but the ability to keep the RBZ flight much straighter put it over the top. Again both clubs are great the RBZ just fit my swing better.

I am more than interested in the Tour Version and you guys are not helping me behave :banghead:

Taylormade RBZ not living up to the hype?????

Taylormade RBZ not living up to the hype?????

I was in a local Edwin Watts yesterday and they must have had 14 or 15 RBZ woods in the used club rack, these were mostly 3 woods and drivers. It strikes me as being odd since I was in another one a few weeks back and they had 5 or 6 already in the used bin.

For such a heavily advertised line, what gives with this?

Maybe demos? That would be my guess. With so many people trying these out they probably switch demos pretty often then sell them as used. Not sure though.

It's always the club's fault,LOL

I was in a local Edwin Watts yesterday and they must have had 14 or 15 RBZ woods in the used club rack, these were mostly 3 woods and drivers. It strikes me as being odd since I was in another one a few weeks back and they had 5 or 6 already in the used bin.

For such a heavily advertised line, what gives with this?

You mentioned the same thing 2 weeks ago as well. :D

I am a BIG fan of this club, but I think it is hard to control the lighter/longer shaft that is in these. The tour adoption if this club is crazy good (even among non TMaG pros), but they are also getting them paired with shafts they know work for them. The combo of this 3W with a proper fit shaft is killer! The combo with a lighter/longer shaft can lead to inconsistencies IMO.

Back