TaylorMade Releases RocketBallz RBZ Rescue & Fairway Wood

Which hybrid loft did you go with in the end? Dude, that's a pretty significant increase for your 3wood. It's going to be awesome when you get it on the course for the first time.

Which hybrid loft did you go with in the end? Dude, that's a pretty significant increase for your 3wood. It's going to be awesome when you get it on the course for the first time.

Its the 3H and I think its 19*. My bag might be all kinds of messed up now, Im not even sure yet. Need to regroup and assess the situation.

Its the 3H and I think its 19*. My bag might be all kinds of messed up now, Im not even sure yet. Need to regroup and assess the situation.

Damn, you were poking that hybo out there dude. Yeah, update your sig too. I hate not updated signatures.

Damn, you were poking that hybo out there dude. Yeah, update your sig too. I hate not updated signatures.

Yeah dude it was going. Really impressive stuff. And the grip doesnt bother me either. Not like its orange or anything.

Kwoodland is an RBZ long knocker now

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

So has there been any indication on when the tour and tour tp models will be at stores? Golfsmith website originally said March - now it says shipping Feb 15.

Rocketballz time baby

Rocketballz time baby

Yeah baby pickin up my bomb 3-wood today ya,ll.I grabbed a 5 pack of lessons at Golftown here and ima kill that b*tch this golf season

Merged with another thread. Lets try to keep it clean and remember this is a family friendly forum.

I'm heading to Golf Galaxy at lunch today to see how the 3w compares to my Superfast 2.0. I can hit my Superfast almost as far as my driver and more consistently. If I can get extra yards with the RBZ it might be a game changer for me.

I'm heading to Golf Galaxy at lunch today to see how the 3w compares to my Superfast 2.0. I can hit my Superfast almost as far as my driver and more consistently. If I can get extra yards with the RBZ it might be a game changer for me.

same here, going to try and get down there this weekend and compare it to my 07 Burner 3W as well as the Titleist 910's Ive been trying out

Please post your findings on this, for I am very curious as to what you find out. I need to replace my 3 wood and if I can get last year's model for almost half the price and there's no distance increase, I am so there!

I'm hoping to get over to GolfGalaxy for lunch to take a few swings. I'm skeptical, but can't wait to see the results

I'm hoping to get over to GolfGalaxy for lunch to take a few swings. I'm skeptical, but can't wait to see the results

Dean. Dont do that. Go in with an open mind and be fair. Only be skeptical if it involves politics, which you know already or Titleist which is getting better lol

Dean. Dont do that. Go in with an open mind and be fair. Only be skeptical if it involves politics, which you know alread or Titleist which is getting better lol

^^^^^ That's funny, right there!

Dean. Dont do that. Go in with an open mind and be fair. Only be skeptical if it involves politics, which you know alread or Titleist which is getting better lol

so true haha

I had a good time at the release last night. Walked away with 15 free Rocketballz and a free gift card. The 3W didn't do anything for me, I knocked my 17* Cleveland 9 yards farther.

so true haha

maybe it was because it was 1:30 AM last night but Im telling you the RBZ stuff is good. I might be more excited about the hybrid then the 3W but both are good.

Just thought I'd leave this here...

I had a good time at the release last night. Walked away with 15 free Rocketballz and a free gift card. The 3W didn't do anything for me, I knocked my 17* Cleveland 9 yards farther.

Did you hit the 15 degree 3w or the 17 degree model against yours?

Did you hit the 15 degree 3w or the 17 degree model against yours?

15*. I think that might have been part of the reason. I bought the 17* since it is easier to hit off the deck.

15*. I think that might have been part of the reason. I bought the 17* since it is easier to hit off the deck.

I think the 17 degree interests me the most right now. I hope I can take some swings with both.

I am headed to GG at lunch today too! I plan on hitting the RBZ 3 wood and hybrid....gotta see what all the hype is about

So I just got back from Golfsmith - and it appears that the Tour TP models aren't expected for over a month. They had a stiff flex 3H, so I gave that a shot. The distance I was getting was crazy. Please keep in mind this is on one of those Golfsmith launchers, and even though the employees claim it's very accurate, I am not so sure. So the 3H was consistently in the 220-225 range - and I hit at least 3 balls out of around 30 over 240. My issue was the shot dispersion though - I was able to move the ball pretty easily left-right and right-left, but I was all over the grid. I think I need an extra stiff shaft. At the end of the day I really liked it, but I am going to wait for the upgraded shaft selections and the 2H - as if I can average around 230+ with that club, it would fit the gap between my current 3H and my Driver nicely, and replace my 3 wood.

And speaking of my current 3H, it might have just been kicked out of the bag. While there - I was looking for a hybrid to match it up against, and came across a Mashie M2 at 18 degrees. Even though I was hitting the RBZ 3H longer by a good 10 yards, the Mashie was down the middle with little baby cuts and draws the majority of the time. I was hitting it so good, and you guys seem to love the Mashie's, so I bought the demo club. I figure I can use this to replace my Adams 3H potentially if I like it better on the course, and then still get the 2H 16.5 degree RBZ.

The Mashie M2 with the Miyakazi C Kua 59-S, and the head is in nearly perfect condition.... for $80... I couldn't pass it up based on how everyone here loves them. About to go out and play now!

OK, so I'll admit I went to the GG launch event last night. 25 buck gift card and a bunch of RBZ balls later, it was worth the time.

The 3 wood is legit in my opinion. I took the 3 wood challenge using my R11 3 wood (that I don't like very much). Keep in mind this was about 1am, no warm up. Also, we were hitting right off the mat as the tee was way too high. I swung my R11 twice, 2 poor, off the toe swings that resulted in drives of about 230 and 235 yards respectively. Grabbed the RBZ 3 Wood. First impression was that the head felt heavier than the R11. Probably can chalk this up to a much lighter shaft than in my 3 wood. Anyways, admittedly put a better swing on it and launched one about 260 carry, 270 total. The ball felt like it jumped off the face. Stats, if I remember correctly, 105 MPH SS, 150 ballspeed which is a very respectable smash factor. I cannot vouch for the accuracy of the monitor.

It was busy, so I only swung the 3 wood one time. Later that night when it calmed down, I got back in the bay and hit the 3 hybrid about 5 or 8 times. I really like this club. Again, I was half asleep and swinging too hard a lot resulting in mediocre results. Finally, at the end, I talked myself into swinging in rythmn and just flushed one... 104 MPH SS, 140+ ball speed, 235 carry, 260 total. Not sure if that's accurate, but I bet the carry was pretty close at least. I want this club badly.

Also took about 10 swings with the RBZ 6 iron. This isn't the thread for that, but again, out of about 5 swings my best result was a 214 yard carry bomb. This club reminds me a lot of the Burner 2.0, which is a good thing.

Back