TaylorMade Rescue 11 Hybrid Review Thread

R11 Rescue

R11 Rescue

All I can say is WOW:alien2: I just bought it because I wasnt fortunate to be picked to test one. This is the best club. I got the 5 Rescue. I traded in my 2 PING I-15. Best thing I ever did. I was smashing the Ball. Far and Straight I hit 2 par 5 Greens in 2 shots Using my R11 and rescue. There is no doubt this club is worth every penny. Did I write I hit a 190 shot out of the Bunker onto the green too. Shot an 81 @ Vinoy 6400 yards.:clapp:

Nice job T-Rex

Congrats, nothing like a new club that does what you want of it.

congrats, just got mine today for the testing, its awesome

Merged with the other R11 thread.

Good review TRex Love the distance that you're seeing out of it. Stock settings or have you tinkered already?

Good review TRex Love the distance that you're seeing out of it. Stock settings or have you tinkered already?

I put it on neutral upright, but I plan on probably decreasing the loft by a degree. I also might take a razor blade and shave some of the white paint off of the top of the face so that it's less shallow (I saw a video of Rory S. doing it on an R11).

I also need to stop hitting down on it so much. I think it probably needs to be hit more like a fairway wood.

I remember this being brought up earlier, but don't recall an answer. Why is the T so close to the heel? I'll have a chance to ask a TM rep Sunday at a demo day.

I remember this being brought up earlier, but don't recall an answer. Why is the T so close to the heel? I'll have a chance to ask a TM rep Sunday at a demo day.

Its really not that close to the heel and holding one at address it doesnt seem bad at all.

It's like that on all of their woods. Probably just where they put the sweet spot.

I put it on neutral upright, but I plan on probably decreasing the loft by a degree. I also might take a razor blade and shave some of the white paint off of the top of the face so that it's less shallow (I saw a video of Rory S. doing it on an R11).

I also need to stop hitting down on it so much. I think it probably needs to be hit more like a fairway wood.

Do you have a link of Rory S doing that? I have never heard of anything like that, i would be afraid of it screwing up the paint

There are actually a couple things that confuse me about that statement. First there is no paint on the face so what paint are you reffering to? Second I dont think paint has anything to do with how shallow or deep the clubface is. So i guess I need a better explanation of what your trying to do.

There are actually a couple things that confuse me about that statement. First there is no paint on the face so what paint are you reffering to? Second I dont think paint has anything to do with how shallow or deep the clubface is. So i guess I need a better explanation of what your trying to do.

i think he means right where the crown and face meet, if you shaved some of that off it might make it look deeper if you think about it

I'll find the link. It's on secretinthedirt so you'll have to be a user there to see it.

If you look at the face, the paint actually curves down the face a mm or so off of the crown. If you were to scrape it off just slightly, it would appear to have more of the face showing. Plus, if you hit it there, you wouldn't damage at least that portion.

I'll find the link. It's on secretinthedirt so you'll have to be a user there to see it.

If you look at the face, the paint actually curves down the face a mm or so off of the crown. If you were to scrape it off just slightly, it would appear to have more of the face showing. Plus, if you hit it there, you wouldn't damage at least that portion.

Hmmm thats interesting. Im curious to know if it would look clean afterwards or if it would look jagged and chipped. Im also curious to know if that would make the rest of the crown more prone to chipping.

Hmmm thats interesting. Im curious to know if it would look clean afterwards or if it would look jagged and chipped. Im also curious to know if that would make the rest of the crown more prone to chipping.

It was just something I saw last night and found quite interesting. Rory also took a sharpie to it.. I'd like to have seen the finished product, but Elk seemed happier with it than at the start.

The pros at the kingdom said to hit down on the hybrid more than the FW. They said I should be taking a shallow divot when I hit it.

The pros at the kingdom said to hit down on the hybrid more than the FW. They said I should be taking a shallow divot when I hit it.

Hmm.. I'll just have to work with it more. It definitely will be insane when I dial it in.

+1 hit it more like a iron than FW

Sorry I haven't posted much on the forums today...as soon as I got home from work I came right home, for my club, and headed to the range. After that I helped my dad try out some new irons (got him narrowed down to the r9 Tp or the callaway razr) and I just got home. Full first impressions tomorrow, but from my range time today I am already putting this club in my bag. I took my 18* nike slingshot tour hybrid with me to compare and I hit it first. Then I grabbed the 18* TP hybrid and first shot...20 yards longer. I though "lucky hit." Well it wasn't luck. Shot after shot I managed a higher ball flight with a softer landing and gained 15-20 yards. I will get more in to performance, looks, feel, as well as photos tomorrow. Until then, everyone go pick yourself up an r11 hybrid.

Thanks again THP and TaylorMade for making this happen!

wow thanks for the vid, no way in heck i would try that lol, i wouldnt get another for free if i screwed it up.

Haha if you ever sky one and chip it, you have an excuse to try it! The white paint job is surprising resilient to sky marks though.. Unless dirt is compressed between the ball and the crown

I got my hybrid, for testing, at 6:30pm. As it turns out, it's a 23.5* 5 hybrid. I have never hit a 5 hybrid. I will be going to a range tomorrow to give it a whirl.

I encourage the questions that may be hanging out there in the THP universe.

For this model, what's the difference between the TP and regular model? The shaft? Couldn't find any info on the site but retailers list two R11 models (ie regular & TP). I was fit for the Rescue 11 18 degree with the RIP 85 S shaft, saw it in the thread and it said TP on it...so I was fit for the TP model?

Back