TaylorMade Rescue 11 Hybrid Review Thread

Well the 15" of snow this week pushed golf season out 2 weeks. I guess I am going to have to go to a simulator this weekend and get some hacks in.

{Was this psot too obvious of a bump}

Well the 15" of snow this week pushed golf season out 2 weeks. I guess I am going to have to go to a simulator this weekend and get some hacks in.

{Was this psot too obvious of a bump}

Dude, welcome to my world! At the rate we're going up here, it'll be may before we get out on the course! I guess that's why we've got simulators. Speaking of which, I'm getting pretty excited for take two with the Rescue tomorrow morning!

I just got mine, having my grip installed now. Can't wait to put this in my bag. Next will be the R11 Driver!!!!

Dude, welcome to my world! At the rate we're going up here, it'll be may before we get out on the course! I guess that's why we've got simulators. Speaking of which, I'm getting pretty excited for take two with the Rescue tomorrow morning!

each one of my session have gotten better and better. When I saw that my 5 hybrib was breaking 200 yards, I d_mn near fell over.

each one of my session have gotten better and better. When I saw that my 5 hybrib was breaking 200 yards, I d_mn near fell over.

That's pretty awesome man. Are you seeing a gap now between you 5 Rescue and your 6 iron?

I don't even know where the closest simulator is around here. Hopefully the weather will get better soon for you two. I'll be taking the 18* TP out for 18 at Bloomingdale tomorrow and a range session before I play. Tomorrow is a 0% chance of rain, Hi/Lo of 84/64, with no clouds.

I think that my 200+ yard 5 hybrid was more of a result of a hot simulator. (I have seen a guy hit a 250 yard 7-iron on the same sim). I would bet that this hybrid is going to be a 185 yard club on the course. If that is the case, my 6-iron is usually a 165 yd club which cause some gap issues. I am not going to panic until I get to a 175 yard par 3 and I have to take something off of the 5-h.

I think that my 200+ yard 5 hybrid was more of a result of a hot simulator. (I have seen a guy hit a 250 yard 7-iron on the same sim). I would bet that this hybrid is going to be a 185 yard club on the course. If that is the case, my 6-iron is usually a 165 yd club which cause some gap issues. I am not going to panic until I get to a 175 yard par 3 and I have to take something off of the 5-h.

Honestly, that is my biggest concern. I haven't mastered taking some off the club yet for those inbetween shots. I'll make that one of my focal points in the coming weeks as I start to see some consistency in my swing.

Honestly, that is my biggest concern. I haven't mastered taking some off the club yet for those inbetween shots. I'll make that one of my focal points in the coming weeks as I start to see some consistency in my swing.

If I am between my 3&4 hybrids, I usually choke down an inch on the 3 and that usually helps.

To be fair though, I don't think that this club was designed to have any distance taken off. I will just have to avoid being between my 3 & 4.

You really should have your clubs setup so you don't have gaps like that. Also, trying to take something off a swing by altering the swing itself is pretty risky. I always take yardage off a club by choking down. I found it works much better for me to always swing the same tempo with the same swing instead of trying to get cute.

If I am between my 3&4 hybrids, I usually choke down an inch on the 3 and that usually helps.

To be fair though, I don't think that this club was designed to have any distance taken off. I will just have to avoid being between my 3 & 4.

So you thinking a shorter swing then instead of gripping down?

You really should have your clubs setup so you don't have gaps like that. Also, trying to take something off a swing by altering the swing itself is pretty risky. I always take yardage off a club by choking down. I found it works much better for me to always swing the same tempo with the same swing instead of trying to get cute.

And that's why I don't like doing it. I'll be working on my swing this weekend with a tip I got from THP pro Andy, hopefully my swing will start to be a bit more accurate so I can start working in things like this.

And that's why I don't like doing it. I'll be working on my swing this weekend with a tip I got from THP pro Andy, hopefully my swing will start to be a bit more accurate so I can start working in things like this.

Very smart. Andy knows what's up with the swing for sure. I'm sure his tip will help you out. Just stay away from all the cutesy stuff. I got into trying to be cutesy for awhile and it was bad news.

So you thinking a shorter swing then instead of gripping down?

I usually choke down to shorten my swing. If I shorten my backswing, I usually slow down on the downswing and my tempo is gone and the shot goes astray. To be fair, I am rarely between a 3 & 4 hybrid distance anyway.

Spent some time with the R11 15.5* fairway this evening and it was great. It makes me really anxious for tomorrow's sim session. I can't wait to hit the Rescue again. Full report afterwards. I have an appointment right after my sim session so my report might be a little delayed, but I hope to have it up tomorrow afternoon.

I was able to hit the R11 3 hybrid today at a demo day. I was really impressed with it. I was just crushing the ball down the range. I think they were going about 210-215 down the range. The only bad thing to this club, was I had a slight fade with it. I have been current playing the Mashie and I don't do that with it. Even though I hit it well I don't know if I would be willing to trade the Mashie out for it. I plan on hitting one again at the outing to see if I like it more.

I was able to hit the R11 3 hybrid today at a demo day. I was really impressed with it. I was just crushing the ball down the range. I think they were going about 210-215 down the range. The only bad thing to this club, was I had a slight fade with it. I have been current playing the Mashie and I don't do that with it. Even though I hit it well I don't know if I would be willing to trade the Mashie out for it. I plan on hitting one again at the outing to see if I like it more.

The beauty about the Rescue is you can adjust the FCT to maybe get rid of that fade. The Mashie is a very different club, but it's good you were seeing such good results.

The beauty about the Rescue is you can adjust the FCT to maybe get rid of that fade. The Mashie is a very different club, but it's good you were seeing such good results.

Yeah it took me back to my old Burner Rescue days. Good times. The white was really nice looking on a hybrid too.

Yeah it took me back to my old Burner Rescue days. Good times. The white was really nice looking on a hybrid too.

I am really digging the white. It looks strange to look at clubs with black crowns now.

I am really digging the white. It looks strange to look at clubs with black crowns now.

I know man. It just gives me a boost of cofidence, sorta like the old school look of the Mashie.

I just finished saying that! The white is no novelty, it's pimpin

is the rescue going farther than the mashie in the same loft?

Finally, my course got a demo Mashie in just for me to use for some comparisons! They have been so generous in helping me ever since I told them I was doing some testing. It is a bit chilly now so I'm going to take it to the range where they have some heated mats to hit off of. If it warms up a little bit later I will be out for some course testing and comparison. Can't wait since I have read so much about the Mashie. I'll be on later to post my results! I will check my phone regularly on here in case any of you have any questions.

Finally, my course got a demo Mashie in just for me to use for some comparisons! They have been so generous in helping me ever since I told them I was doing some testing. It is a bit chilly now so I'm going to take it to the range where they have some heated mats to hit off of. If it warms up a little bit later I will be out for some course testing and comparison. Can't wait since I have read so much about the Mashie. I'll be on later to post my results! I will check my phone regularly on here in case any of you have any questions.

Awesome, thats great the course got it in just so you can test it out, sounds like a winner in my book(the course). I woke up this morning sicker than a dog so i hope i can get these antibiotics down and be better by tuesday or wednesday, this warm to cold weather got me

Back