TaylorMade Rescue 11 Hybrid Review Thread

is the rescue going farther than the mashie in the same loft?

I think the r11 3 is 18*. That means my 20.5 Mashie was going about the same distance.

Tapatalk makes meetings so much fun.

I don't have a lot of time, really busy day, I'll explain later. Went to the sim this morning and I hit balls for an hour. Warmed up with my 7 iron and the moved to the driver for a few shots. Then moved to the Rescue. This was not a good day for me. Looks like I used up all my good shots last night with R11 3 wood. Shots were spraying all over the place and didn't have any distance to them. I attribute most of this to trying the tips that THP pro Andy had given me. Trying new swing tricks doesn't always take right away. I'm hoping for better luck next week. I'll update more later when I have more time.

Went to the range for about a hour and then played 18 today. I really love this club off the tee, but you really need a smooth tempo or it will take off left. Off the grass I wasn't loving it today. I was leaking the ball to far left with this today, but the Adams A7 I was having no problem. I'm just chalking it up to having a sketchy swing all day today. My drives were great today while my 3 wood and Rescue were leaking left. I was just getting way to quick with my transition at the top though. I really like this club for shots out of trees and whatnot though. It's very easy to hit a little low draw that runs out. I might post a better review later on, but right now I need to decompress from such an ugly 81. Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went to the range for about a hour and then played 18 today. I really love this club off the tee, but you really need a smooth tempo or it will take off left. Off the grass I wasn't loving it today. I was leaking the ball to far left with this today, but the Adams A7 I was having no problem. I'm just chalking it up to having a sketchy swing all day today. My drives were great today while my 3 wood and Rescue were leaking left. I was just getting way to quick with my transition at the top though. I really like this club for shots out of trees and whatnot though. It's very easy to hit a little low draw that runs out. I might post a better review later on, but right now I need to decompress from such an ugly 81. Cheers.

there aint nothing wrong with a 81

Had a few good shots with the R11 Rescue today. I moved the ball back a little in my stance due to windy conditions today and noticed that the ball flight was almost more penetrating than what I've seen so far. It's definitely not the most forgiving hybrid out there but when you catch it on the screws, you feel like you've crushed the ball. The sound that this makes is truly unique, Maybe like a 'cracking tink?' Definitely a great feeling club that you can feel the clubhead all the way through your swing and makes you want to release through the ball all the way to the finish of the shot.

Had a few good shots with the R11 Rescue today. I moved the ball back a little in my stance due to windy conditions today and noticed that the ball flight was almost more penetrating than what I've seen so far. It's definitely not the most forgiving hybrid out there but when you catch it on the screws, you feel like you've crushed the ball. The sound that this makes is truly unique, Maybe like a 'cracking tink?' Definitely a great feeling club that you can feel the clubhead all the way through your swing and makes you want to release through the ball all the way to the finish of the shot.

You do speak the truth. I love the sound it makes when you get er good. I like the fact that I can hit this club in so many ways (high, low) and I think I can control my swing enough to get the 'just right' distance with it. I think it is a great UTILITY club. I was shooting a lovely raylor and this just does more.

You do speak the truth. I love the sound it makes when you get er good. I like the fact that I can hit this club in so many ways (high, low) and I think I can control my swing enough to get the 'just right' distance with it. I think it is a great UTILITY club. I was shooting a lovely raylor and this just does more.

It does sound great, i agree about being able to hit this high and low, so easy to do when im swinging good, im also getting my distance control down with the chipping, had a problem at first with over cooking it but im getting it down pat now.

It does sound great, i agree about being able to hit this high and low, so easy to do when im swinging good, im also getting my distance control down with the chipping, had a problem at first with over cooking it but im getting it down pat now.

Testament to THP. I never ever chipped with a hybrid. I am going to try, but my fear has always been that its gonna come off to hot. 7i yes, hybrid, soon...
To add to my distance control, gripping down helps a lot, so do fluid swings :) Hope the weather gets better so I can do a 20 ball review.

i use my putting stroke with forward press and it works very well

small putting stroke and release through the ball, don't punch at it. you'll like the results

Testament to THP. I never ever chipped with a hybrid. I am going to try, but my fear has always been that its gonna come off to hot. 7i yes, hybrid, soon...
To add to my distance control, gripping down helps a lot, so do fluid swings :) Hope the weather gets better so I can do a 20 ball review.

I'll complete my comparison of the Mashie and Rescue after I finish dinner, but I wanted to give my two cents here. I also had never chipped with a hybrid before I joined this site and someone gave me a tip to try it. My short game is what I am focused on this year, and so far it has already improved since I started chipping with my Rescue. If you havn't tried it, at least give it a shot on the practice greens! This just goes to show what great information and input we can receive from our fellow THPers here!

Ok quick recap because I took my wife to dinner since she has been getting a little jealous of my new best friend named THP. Excuse any typos because im doing this on my phone as my computer is throwing a fit. I compared the rescue and mashie on the range today. There is a green about 225 yards out that has been perfect for me to aim at with the rescue to judge accuracy and distance for my 18*. First thing I noticed about the mashie...its ugly. Im sorry but it is...I hate the silver. Back when I used to be stuck on nike equipment I couldn't get myself to buy a vr hybrid because it was silver. So right off the bat I didn't like the mashie. I love the looks of the new TM line, I think the white looks great. Anyway...I hit about 10 balls each with the mashie and rescue. Honestly for me I thought the feel was very close. But the mashie seemed to be slightly louder. Here was the biggest difference for me...out of ten balls with the rescue, they almost all landed on the green, but some were toward the front of the green and some were toward the back. So there may have been a 10-yard variation in distance, but all nice and straight. With the mashie I seemed to have a slight draw, but after I got that figured out I hit 10 shots at the green, and I think they all landed within 5 yards of each other, dead center of the green every time. While the rescue may have been a few yards longer on a couple shots, the distance was more consistent with the mashie. And when I have a creek or pond in front of a green sometime on a par 5 I need to know that my club is going to consistently give me the same carry distance if I decide to go for it. So while I hate the looks...the mashie performed very well. Deadly accurate. I've still got this mashie demo to hang on to for 2 more weeks so I will have plenty more chances to do some comparisons. But now I am a believer in all the hype surrounding mashie. Don't know yet if i'd put it in my bag over the rescue yet until I get some course time with it, but I still just can't get over how ugly the mashie is...lol. until tomorrow everyone, good night and god bless.

Played my R11 TP Rescue yesterday for the first time and love it. Owned the 910H for a little while and I like this club better. That simple.

Played my R11 TP Rescue yesterday for the first time and love it. Owned the 910H for a little while and I like this club better. That simple.

glad ya like it yahtzee, its a beast for sure and looks great

I really wanted to take my 18* Rescue 11 to the range today, but it's raining. The range will probably be closed for a few days until everything dries out. My last range session and last three rounds with this club have been ugly. I still like it off the tee, but I still tend to lose it left. I brought the Adams A7 and Cleveland HiBore XLS hybrids with me for these last three rounds and one range session and I don't have that problem with them. Off the fairway I've really soured on this club. I haven't been extremely happy with my swing, but the other two hybrids aren't giving me any of the same problems. I'm just really not sure right now. As soon as the ranges open back up I'm going to go out there and hit a few buckets with it. Also, going to hit a bunch of balls with it in each different adjustable position. I do like this club much more than the others for bumping from off the green, punching out, or just hitting a low runner draw.

Keep us posted Fairway....I've found that the club is ok off the turf (fairway, 1st cut of rough, etc) but does pretty well in the rough. This may be due to the weighty/heady feeling of this club. Does it slice through the rough, no, but it gets through just fine for me so far.
I really wanted to take my 18* Rescue 11 to the range today, but it's raining. The range will probably be closed for a few days until everything dries out. My last range session and last three rounds with this club have been ugly. I still like it off the tee, but I still tend to lose it left. I brought the Adams A7 and Cleveland HiBore XLS hybrids with me for these last three rounds and one range session and I don't have that problem with them. Off the fairway I've really soured on this club. I haven't been extremely happy with my swing, but the other two hybrids aren't giving me any of the same problems. I'm just really not sure right now. As soon as the ranges open back up I'm going to go out there and hit a few buckets with it. Also, going to hit a bunch of balls with it in each different adjustable position. I do like this club much more than the others for bumping from off the green, punching out, or just hitting a low runner draw.

Keep us posted Fairway....I've found that the club is ok off the turf (fairway, 1st cut of rough, etc) but does pretty well in the rough. This may be due to the weighty/heady feeling of this club. Does it slice through the rough, no, but it gets through just fine for me so far.

Out of the rough it does its job for sure. Hybrids have always been one of my easiest clubs to hit so it surprises me I'm struggling with this club. As soon as I can get to a dry range I'll be able to put together a better overall opinion of this club.

Out of the rough it does its job for sure. Hybrids have always been one of my easiest clubs to hit so it surprises me I'm struggling with this club. As soon as I can get to a dry range I'll be able to put together a better overall opinion of this club.

I want it to dry out so I can get out onto the course and hit out of the rough.

The Rescue 11 is a much different club than the Adams. I found that the sweet spot is bigger on the Adams, but performs slightly less that the Rescue 11. It did take me a few sessions to really groove my swing to the club. But it is possible, that it just doesn't fit and there's no shame in that.

man thats to bad its not working to well for ya, have you opened it up with the FCT so you wont go left?

I want it to dry out so I can get out onto the course and hit out of the rough.

The Rescue 11 is a much different club than the Adams. I found that the sweet spot is bigger on the Adams, but performs slightly less that the Rescue 11. It did take me a few sessions to really groove my swing to the club. But it is possible, that it just doesn't fit and there's no shame in that.

It's weird the first day on the range and first round with it were amazing and now it has been somewhat lackluster to me while the other two hybrids still perform. Not really sure what is going on, but I will have it figured out by the weekend. Once I do I should have a really good review to put up on it.

man thats to bad its not working to well for ya, have you opened it up with the FCT so you wont go left?

Nope. I'm going to try all the settings this week whenever it dries out. Plan on hitting a pyramid or couple buckets with just the Rescue to try and figure it out.

It's weird the first day on the range and first round with it were amazing and now it has been somewhat lackluster to me while the other two hybrids still perform. Not really sure what is going on, but I will have it figured out by the weekend. Once I do I should have a really good review to put up on it.

What's your typical miss?

Nope. I'm going to try all the settings this week whenever it dries out. Plan on hitting a pyramid or couple buckets with just the Rescue to try and figure it out.

well if your miss is left if you put it in lower it will open it up 2* and lower the loft by 1* and that should take care of it.

well if your miss is left if you put it in lower it will open it up 2* and lower the loft by 1* and that should take care of it.

I'm aware of this, but I have brought other hybrids with me when I play and have no problem hitting them without opening the face. This club seems to really close down at impact. For the majority of people I'm sure that is great, but for me I'm going to have to really focus on keeping the logo on my glove facing the sky down the line after impact. I won't be able to figure it out until the ranges open back up though.

What's your typical miss?

Over rotating my hands and it starts out as a draw and then turns into a hook.

Back