TaylorMade Rescue 11 Hybrid Review Thread

I originally had a mashie m4 but had problems with it going left. I needed a 3 hybrid too so I bought a rescue 11 3 figuring I could decide between the two hybrids. Today I replaced the mashie with a rescue 11 4. I love the looks of these sticks and the shot pattern fits my eye perfect. I also love that its adjustable.

Welcome to the white side lol, its a great club for sure

I will update this tomorrow after my 9 holes, playing after work and our tee time is at 5, excited to hit this since its been a week lol

i havent, i think that would be a little to heavy, the 85 feels perfect to me

I haven't either and agree that it would be very heavy.

Okay, I finally got to put the R11 Rescue 4 21* I bought into play today. I was looking for a club to hit 200 to 210. I found it! It hits so well!!! The contact with the face is so smooth and seemless it's like I'm not even hitting a ball. Oh and let me tell you, the white with the black face makes its so easy to line up! Just watching the black face hit the white ball, I can tell on every shot where I hit the face an impact. Not from a ball mark either, at impact. In the store I was hitting the regular shaft and was getting like 190 so I'm definitely glad that I bought the stiff shaft! I haven't had to mess with opening or closing the face, standard angle works perfect for me. I caught it on the toe a couple times, but overall I really like it. I think I toed it because I wasn't close enough, that is my fault not the club.

My rating on this club is a 4.5 out of 5. The only reason it's not a 5 is because I only hit about 7 or 8 times, so I need a few hits with it to give it a 5. But overall first impression is Amazing, B-E-A-utiful and a great addition to my bag!!

That's great stuff BF, thanks for sharing!

I originally had a mashie m4 but had problems with it going left. I needed a 3 hybrid too so I bought a rescue 11 3 figuring I could decide between the two hybrids. Today I replaced the mashie with a rescue 11 4. I love the looks of these sticks and the shot pattern fits my eye perfect. I also love that its adjustable.

There are a lot of great features with this club. Welcome aboard!!

I will update this tomorrow after my 9 holes, playing after work and our tee time is at 5, excited to hit this since its been a week lol

Looking forward to it!

Well, range time may be hard to come by this week. I may get some in this afternoon, since it's a balmy 44 degF outside.

Next week I will be playing 18 in San Antonio, so I will have a much better idea of what's happening next week.

Hey guys i just got back from my 9 holes and came away impressed from the Rescue11 once again, since i only played 9 i only needed to hit it 2 times today but both times were perfect.
Hit it off the tee on a shorter par 4 dog leg left and its right around 200 carry to get over the corner and i hit a nice high straight shot that carried the trees by about 15 yards, i was very happy with that, felt amazing coming off the face. The RIP shaft is just so smooth, i love it.

Second time i hit it was a par 5 and i had 220 to the front of the green and my drive leaked left so i was in the rough and i knew i had to put a good swing on it to get it there from the rough, i went after this one pretty good and it produced a great mid/high ball flight with a slight draw and landed on the fringe and rolled to dead center of the green. I dont think i could be happier with this club, it impresses me everytime i go out and i like it more and more. I will throw up some pictures after the next round to show how its wearing, it still looks great. Well thats it till next time, if you have any questions just ask

Hey guys i just got back from my 9 holes and came away impressed from the Rescue11 once again, since i only played 9 i only needed to hit it 2 times today but both times were perfect.
Hit it off the tee on a shorter par 4 dog leg left and its right around 200 carry to get over the corner and i hit a nice high straight shot that carried the trees by about 15 yards, i was very happy with that, felt amazing coming off the face. The RIP shaft is just so smooth, i love it.

Second time i hit it was a par 5 and i had 220 to the front of the green and my drive leaked left so i was in the rough and i knew i had to put a good swing on it to get it there from the rough, i went after this one pretty good and it produced a great mid/high ball flight with a slight draw and landed on the fringe and rolled to dead center of the green. I dont think i could be happier with this club, it impresses me everytime i go out and i like it more and more. I will throw up some pictures after the next round to show how its wearing, it still looks great. Well thats it till next time, if you have any questions just ask

I'm looking forward to that!

Off to the sim again tomorrow morning, thinking I'll actually play a round this time. Hopefully I'll get my swing in-line a little better. Report coming afterwards as always!

Okay, I got in another round with my R11 Rescue on Weds. I absolutely love this club. On a par 4 I kind of sky'd my tee shot and it left me about 190 out with a wind in my face. So I say, okay Rescue club show me why I bought you.... Sure enough I hit a great shot it had a medium flight and with a slight draw on it. Landed about 5 feet infront of the green and rolled on to the middle of the green. It left me about a 12 ft put up hill breaking to the left. And i sunk the putt. If it weren't for my Rescue R11 4, i wouldn't have even put it on the green. Normally I would pull out a 5 Fairway and try to hit it about 75% and either hit it too hard and over the green or too short. But the Rescue from about the same spot is my normal 90% strength swing and hit it right where I need it. I LOVE MY R11 RESCUE 4 21*!!!!!!!! Makes me want to get the R11 driver even quicker than I'm planning. I really am trying to wait till my new grip is a little worn on my R7 460...

Okay, I got in another round with my R11 Rescue on Weds. I absolutely love this club. On a par 4 I kind of sky'd my tee shot and it left me about 190 out with a wind in my face. So I say, okay Rescue club show me why I bought you.... Sure enough I hit a great shot it had a medium flight and with a slight draw on it. Landed about 5 feet infront of the green and rolled on to the middle of the green. It left me about a 12 ft put up hill breaking to the left. And i sunk the putt. If it weren't for my Rescue R11 4, i wouldn't have even put it on the green. Normally I would pull out a 5 Fairway and try to hit it about 75% and either hit it too hard and over the green or too short. But the Rescue from about the same spot is my normal 90% strength swing and hit it right where I need it. I LOVE MY R11 RESCUE 4 21*!!!!!!!! Makes me want to get the R11 driver even quicker than I'm planning. I really am trying to wait till my new grip is a little worn on my R7 460...

That's great stuff there BF! Glad you're liking it so much. It's a real versatile club to have!

good stuff bullfrog! I'm testing the R11 Rescue 4 as well....do you have it on the stock settings or did you tinker with it at all?

good stuff bullfrog! I'm testing the R11 Rescue 4 as well....do you have it on the stock settings or did you tinker with it at all?

I use it on the standard settings. I haven't messed with changing it yet. It's doing what I want it to do so far, so I'm not going to change it while I play. But I am going to hit it at the range and mess with it there to see how it affects it. I really do love this club.

I'm not sure if you feel the same as I do... But it's so smooth when you hit it. Has great weight to the club. I have been focusing on getting my stance right and the right distance from the ball. To keep from hitting towards the toe. I seem to kind of get excited when I get to use my new club i kind of get rushed out of excitement. As long as I don't get over zealous, I seem to hit it perfect. But I get excited easily!

totally agree...you feel the club all the way through your swing. It's great when you catch it on the screws but venture out too much on the toe or heel and the magic is gone....

I use it on the standard settings. I haven't messed with changing it yet. It's doing what I want it to do so far, so I'm not going to change it while I play. But I am going to hit it at the range and mess with it there to see how it affects it. I really do love this club.

I'm not sure if you feel the same as I do... But it's so smooth when you hit it. Has great weight to the club. I have been focusing on getting my stance right and the right distance from the ball. I seem to kind of get excited when I get to use my new club i kind of get rushed out of excitement. As long as I don't get over zealous, I seem to hit it perfect. But I get excited easily!

Hanks;It's great when you catch it on the screws but venture out too much on the toe or heel and the magic is gone....[/QUOTE said:
That's exactly true! It also cuts through the rough pretty sweet. This is the first Rescue I have owned, and now i wish I would have had one before. When the lie isn't the greatest and the grass is long, that club is like a heat seaking Sidewinder missle sited in on the ball!

Out at the range this morning. For those of you who have this club, I am sure you grow more smitten by the second. I was popping em high and out there. When needed you can put the punch in no problems. Mishits dont really kill you ether.

Out at the range this morning. For those of you who have this club, I am sure you grow more smitten by the second. I was popping em high and out there. When needed you can put the punch in no problems. Mishits dont really kill you ether.

That comment about the mishits is what sold me!!

I got to play with it again today. Only got to use it three times but it's really close to getting my 5 out of 5 stars!! First shot I hit it perfectly about 180 with a bunch of wind. The second time I sort of topped it a bit and it went screaming about 2ft off the ground and about 120 yards not my ideal shot but I was still ok. The last time I used it I was on a little patch of grass (about 10ft around with 2 pine trees) about 225 out with wind behind me. My feet were in a waste bunker and the ball on the grass. Pulled out my Rescue R11 took a nice swing and again dead straight, perfect flight. Landed mid way from front of green to middle of green. It was a middle pin, left about a 6 ft putt. Wouldn't you know I missed that birdie! I truely am falling in love with this club after every swing it seems... The contrast of the face and the ball, as well as the way it feels when you hit it... It's just amazing!! For a amateur golfer like myself I'm really happy that I decided to add this to my bag. I really think it's saved me 4-5 strokes total already over the 3 rounds I've played with it. Hey that's over a stroke a round... EXCELLENT!

I was able to try the rescue 2 at a local dicks sporting goods and I was impressed with the impact of this club. I couldn't tell about distances since I was hitting into a net, but the club felt very solid.

I will be going to the local range to demo this one. I am excited to see the results.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

That comment about the mishits is what sold me!!

Woo,
I would not recommend anybody try something if I myself was not sold on it. I just ask for everyone to hit this club. It's freaking fantastic. This may be my go to club if thigns aren't working. Gives you instantanious confidence after you hit it. IMHO

I, like many of you, keep falling more in love with this club the more I hit it. It is true it seems you can really feel this club all the way through the swing and I have not had any trouble getting it through any lie that I have encountered. Its supposed to warm up here again over these next few days so I'm excited to get it out and hit it some more.

going through the rough it's good, not great. I think this club excels off the tee and in the heavier rough where the weighting of the club helps it get through nice and clean. I've found that the tighter the lie the less effective the club gets, imo.
That's exactly true! It also cuts through the rough pretty sweet. This is the first Rescue I have owned, and now i wish I would have had one before. When the lie isn't the greatest and the grass is long, that club is like a heat seaking Sidewinder missle sited in on the ball!

going through the rough it's good, not great. I think this club excels off the tee and in the heavier rough where the weighting of the club helps it get through nice and clean. I've found that the tighter the lie the less effective the club gets, imo.

Its been great from tight lies for me, the only problem ive had so far is hitting it out of dead grass, club just goes right through it like a wedge goes under it lol

I'm going to play BCC here in a little bit. I'm going to hit my 18* a bunch and see if I can get the same results I had with it in the beginning. I might head out to the Rays game after golf, but if not I'll have a review up tonight.

Well we are having 40mph winds today so i might hold off my round until tomorrow, its gonna be almost 70* tomorrow aswell so it might be better anyway.

Just got back from the simulator. Played Pebble. Long story short, it was not a good day. My driver was good, really good, hit a couple over 240. The Rescue was a different story. Everything with it went left and nowhere. Longest of the day went 125. One went 234, but I don't believe the sim on that one. It was not a good hit. At least it didn't feel like a good hit. I can't speak fully to where I was hitting them as the ball did not really leave any ball marks on the face. Rather strange really, but the face is holding up very well. No more chips on the crown either. So with my ball striking all over the place, the Rescue is proving to be VERY durable. I am very impressed with that. As I mentioned before, the Rescue isn't all that forgiving as again proven today.

I am still loving the feel and sound of this club. It provides great feedback on your shots good and bad. You can very much tell when you'd made a good shot and vice-versa. That is a huge thing for me. The weight is still really nice too. The weighting of the club has to be the best off any hybrid I've tried. The head is so perfectly matched to the RIP shaft. I know when I get my swing in check (it has to happen as my driver is working) so with a bit more work and practice I know I'll start to see great results again. So the honeymoon seems to be over, but I am very optimistic for the future.

I haven't had any problems with tight lies either. It seems to rip thru the grass for me. But heck it might be different grass that is causing different results.

I haven't had any problems with tight lies either. It seems to rip thru the grass for me. But heck it might be different grass that is causing different results.

very well could be the different grass types causing it

Back