TaylorMade SIM Fairway Woods

Still getting to know a SIM Max 5W I recently acquired. I am not crazy about the stock shaft but I hit it pretty solid with a boring start left and fade straight at the target flight on almost every swing.

Used the Sim Max 3 Wood on the course today for the first time. Both shots were off the tee, and right down the middle with a nice penetrating flight, exactly what I want out of that club. Didn't try it off the deck yet, but as a tee club its passing with flying colors so far.

Going to leave this here.

A7CF86BA-10D7-446B-8D29-0AD2114F53DD.jpeg

Whoops. Fixed it.

I’m pleased. It put up the best numbers of the three I hit today. Mav Max 3+ was next closest at 155.

Launch too low on the +? I could see that as an issue. Or the head size over all making it hard to hit off the turf.

Launch too low on the +? I could see that as an issue. Or the head size over all making it hard to hit off the turf.
Not really, was 12.4 which isn’t bad given that loft. I only took three swipes with each today as I couldn’t camp out when/where I usually do with the seniors out playing their league day. But, tomorrow I’m going to do a bigger sample of the three.

Going to try and get some data on the app today, but yesterday I hit this one against the Mav Max 3+ and the TEE EXS 3w.

The SIM Max put up the highest ball speed and average launch, so I’m interested to see if the trend remains today on a larger sample size.

The SIM was also the second easiest off the deck to elevate, but the straightest. The 220 was next followed by the Max which at 13.5 isn’t a fair fight off the deck.

Well, the SIM Max has officially beaten out the 220 and Mav Max 3w’s for me and I’m done fighting. 220 will go to a HS kiddo since it was a review club but the 3+ Mav Max will be sold since I bought it.

The SIM gives me the best ball speeds, flight, and accuracy of the trio. Plus, off the deck I’m not afraid to let it rip.

Quite happy.

Well, the SIM Max has officially beaten out the 220 and Mav Max 3w’s for me and I’m done fighting. 220 will go to a HS kiddo since it was a review club but the 3+ Mav Max will be sold since I bought it.

The SIM gives me the best ball speeds, flight, and accuracy of the trio. Plus, off the deck I’m not afraid to let it rip.

Quite happy.

Good stuff. I’m absolutely loving mine. Hit the longest 3w off the deck yesterday I’ve ever hit. Seriously good club.

Good stuff. I’m absolutely loving mine. Hit the longest 3w off the deck yesterday I’ve ever hit. Seriously good club.
Easily the hottest face ive ever hit. The standard SIM was 3mph faster than my m6 from last year

My SIM Max 3 wood with Linq purple showed up today and it will be in the bag for tomorrow’s round. Can’t wait to hit it!16795CC1-8C48-4D42-A93B-7EE9D762C20E.jpeg

My SIM Max 3 wood with Linq purple showed up today and it will be in the bag for tomorrow’s round. Can’t wait to hit it!View attachment 8948043
SPOILER! It’s a rocket launcher. Feel will be...different...at times, but the club will shine.

I’m 100% secure with mine in the 3w spot.

Reactions: MH
Really looking forward to getting this one out, playing a tight course this afternoon so I will be able to hit it a lot off tee. First non-adjustable 3 wood in a very long time, I can’t remember the last one o had that I couldn’t adjust

Taylormade demo day tomorrow at my club. I've been hitting my M2 HL3W pretty well the last few weeks, including probably four of the best 3w's I've ever hit last night. My driver has failed me so I'm thinking if I can hit the rocket 3w off of the deck and add a 5 wood depending on gapping I might have something working. It'll be my first time hitting on a trackman which I'm guessing will be humbling to say the least. Still, I'm excited to try these out.

Taylormade demo day tomorrow at my club. I've been hitting my M2 HL3W pretty well the last few weeks, including probably four of the best 3w's I've ever hit last night. My driver has failed me so I'm thinking if I can hit the rocket 3w off of the deck and add a 5 wood depending on gapping I might have something working. It'll be my first time hitting on a trackman which I'm guessing will be humbling to say the least. Still, I'm excited to try these out.
M2 was a solid performer....

M2 was a solid performer....
It still is. I'm really only looking at these to see if I can go with a lower loft 3 as a driver replacement until it starts to cooperate (still have to be able to hit it off a fairway though) and maybe add a 5 wood for more options at the top of my bag.

It still is. I'm really only looking at these to see if I can go with a lower loft 3 as a driver replacement until it starts to cooperate (still have to be able to hit it off a fairway though) and maybe add a 5 wood for more options at the top of my bag.
Standard SIM 3w 15* is a monster!! it got to within 3mph ball speed of my driver. Easily the hottest 3w face ive ever hit and very controllable... id have to think the 14* rocket is even better for anyone who wants it as a driver replacement

Standard SIM 3w 15* is a monster!! it got to within 3mph ball speed of my driver. Easily the hottest 3w face ive ever hit and very controllable... id have to think the 14* rocket is even better for anyone who wants it as a driver replacement

That is super impressive!

Have you hit the rocket? I'm really hoping (and if I can replicate what the standard sim is doing for you that may be plenty) I can hit it off the deck. My M2 is 16.5* and I'm probably overly optimistic thinking I might get another 10-15 yards with 1.5-2.5* less loft but that would be sweet! Obviously I want to get my driver swing working again too but options are good to have.

Have you hit the rocket? I'm really hoping (and if I can replicate what the standard sim is doing for you that may be plenty) I can hit it off the deck. My M2 is 16.5* and I'm probably overly optimistic thinking I might get another 10-15 yards with 1.5-2.5* less loft but that would be sweet! Obviously I want to get my driver swing working again too but options are good to have.

Yea it’s crazy. SIM lofted up to 17* was 4mph faster than m6 was last year for me and I honestly thought the m6 was the best fw I ever played... until this

I touched 160 ball speed with the 3w. These are the last numbers I was able to get dating to February before covid

99d87e2377dd16d29948f545ba3fbb90.jpg

d3fd73607175fc68ac7ed93441683792.jpg

c5e4453ff8177f15dc36634df5601d85.jpg

7cdbe577d1d95fa3aad7eb8186bc2c86.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sorry didnt answer...but no I did not hit the rocket. The standard SIM is too far already lol the rocket I wouldn't really have a spot in the bag for

sorry didnt answer...but no I did not hit the rocket. The standard SIM is too far already lol the rocket I wouldn't really have a spot in the bag for

All good info, thank you. Tomorrow cannot come soon enough.

Back