TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 Hybrid Review Thread

Your the total opposite of me Bogey. When I was trying them out with the stock, I couldn't do anything but hook the beejeebus out of them, I was just turning on them too quickly. A heavier shaft has moved that hook back to a nice draw.

All in all, I have to say I'm quite pleased with them, more so then the Adams. The Adams is better at getting a ball out of the deep rough, but for everything else I've had better luck with the SF's. They suit my sweeping swing quite nicely.

I think this is why I'm liking it too when I changed out the shaft. I'm hoping that I'll never have to use this for the deeper rough (what I have the Mashie for) and I love this club as a 3rd tee up option specifically when I want to hit a specific number off the tee.

I want to head up to golf smith or golf galaxy and checkout the PX shafts. I have heard great things about them. If anyone else has a suggestion on a shaft that isn't too expensive, let me know and I'll check them out.

You should've seen some of the shots I was hitting at the outing with this combo. Lethal.

I agree with your assessment to a degree. For some it'll be good enough but for folks that know what type of shafts work for them most of the time stock doesn't work. Personally, with this club, if one was a much smoother swinger I could see the stock shaft working.

You are right about a smooth swing. That is what I have and as long as I don't get aggressive with this club it hits it straight and high and lands soft. If I go after it it does have a tendency to go right to left but it is such a sweet club even on a bad swing it seems to go almost as far as a good swing. The only real negative I have with it is the wear on the face of the club. As with most black faces whether on an iron of a metal wood the black seems to wear. It is a shame as this is one darn good looking club. It just seems to frame the ball so well too. One of the easiest clubs I have ever hit. I never expect to hit a bad shot when I pull it out of the bag.

I want to bump this thread back to the top. Tonight I had a break through. Ever since I bought my Nike Sumo 3 hybrid, I used stiff shafts, when I demo'd the Nike's, I hit both the reg and stiff flex. I hit the stiff shaft hybrid a ton better. Well I recieved the 2.0 in stiff shaft, and from my review, I had a problem with hooking this club like crazy. Long story short, I went to my local Dick's to see a buddy who is the pro there. I was wanting to get a 4 hybrid to replace my 4 iron. He grabbed a couple of clubs all in stiff like I told him. I was really interested in hitting the Mashie. Well he grabbed the 2.0 4 hybrid and I said "no no no, I can't hit those things, all I do is hook them. Well he had me hit it anyway and then went and grabed the reg flex one. Man what a difference. So I walked out with a reg flex 2.0 4 hybrid.

Now I am wanting to trade out my stiff shafts in my 2.0 and rescue 11 3 hybrids for reg flex shafts....be on a lookout for a post in the BST thread.

Demo'd these about a week ago and I absolutely love them. I currently am playing some free Cobra Baffler Pros from cousin. I love them too, but I think I was hitting the 3 hybrid 18* sf2.0 farther than my Cobra Baffler 16* 1 Hybrid. It was so easy to hit and went forever. I liked the R11 too, especially in the looks department, but the 2.0 was easy to hit and it went high and far.

Not to sound like an idiot (I've never played a Hybrid) but are they (I guess more specifically THIS club) supposed to replace a 3 iron? Ho does one know what hybrid is meant to replace in terms of distance?

Not to sound like an idiot (I've never played a Hybrid) but are they (I guess more specifically THIS club) supposed to replace a 3 iron? Ho does one know what hybrid is meant to replace in terms of distance?

Most hybrids have degrees associated with them, along with a number. My adams Pro Black is 20 degrees, and it replaces my 3 iron which is 21 degrees.

Looks like the superfast 2.0 is broken out by #3 (18*), #4 (21*), #5 (24*), #6 (27*).

Most hybrids have degrees associated with them, along with a number. My adams Pro Black is 20 degrees, and it replaces my 3 iron which is 21 degrees.

Looks like the superfast 2.0 is broken out by #3 (18*), #4 (21*), #5 (24*), #6 (27*).

+1 It also helps if you know what loft your 3i is so you can match up. Just from experience (so take with a grain of salt and results vary) if you, for example, take a 3i at 18 deg and a 3h with the same loft, chances are you'll hit the 3h further because it's much more forgiving and you would must likely make better ball contact with it. So if there a company that has their 3h at 20.5 (Cleveland does this) you'll probably see the same distance as your 3i. Best thing to do is go with yardages and then select the appropriate hybrid for that specific yardage rather than match 3i-3h 18*-18*. Personally if I get an extra distance gain because of the extra forgiveness on a matching hybrid I'd take it and run.

I'm back from my range session and I want to share my experience with you.

Caution: I'm really new to golf, just started a month ago. My swing, length, accuracy etc is far from being "good". So consider this when reading my review.

I have a 3h (18°), RH, regular flex Burner SF 2.0 with the retail shaft

First thing I noticed was the "shiny" look of the grip. I thought first that it would feel weird, but after some shots it felt totaly normal. Then second thing I noticed was that the regular flex shaft is a bit more flexible than the Mashie shaft (I also have a Mashie 3, 21°). I totaly like the black face on the white head, it has a good contrast to the ground. Personally I feel no difference in the weight of the Burner SF 2.0 compared to the Mashie.

I started first hitting the ball from the mat on the range. It took some time till I found the right ball position and how to hit it (to be honest, I don't even know if this is the right position I have atm *g*). After that hitting the ball was fun. I hit the ball at average 150 meters (~165 yards) carry. The ball flight was nice straight and high when I hit it perfect. The forgiveness of the club is awesome. As a beginner most of my shots aren't hit perfect, but even then I had a nice distance and the variance to the left/right was only a few meters. I would say that still 60% of my not so good shots would hit the fairway or at least the semirough.

After that I started hitting the ball from the short tee. Oh man was that a pleasure. I would personally say that this is where the SuperFast 2.0 is the bomb. Hitting the ball from the tee was so damn easy. The ball had a nice straight flight and I always hit it more than the 150 meters (165 yards). The variance on shots I didn't hit that good was shorter than without the tee. This club will replace my driver from now on. Hitting the ball straight 150 meters 90% of the time is more worth than hitting it 200 meters but with a really worth slice (I guess thats why beginner shouldn't use a driver).

Compared to the mashie for me the SuperFaster 2.0 is more forgiving and easier to hit. I get the same distance and ball flight with the Mashie, but not so often as with the SF 2.0. So at the moment the SF 2.0 is in my bag and I'll give the Mashie another try on my next range sessions.

I hope you could read the my review very well. Since english isn't my mother language it is sometimes really tricky to describe everything ;)

i've never hit these hybirds on the course, only at my local golf shop but from what i could tell, i loved them. i like the look of the (mini wood) heads much better than the previous hybird/rescue clubs from taylormade. i've always been a little more confident with a wood and looking down at these i get that.

Ok, so I recently bought this hybrid based on launch monitor testing and the fact that it just felt right.

First Range Session: Most of the shots i hit at first were snap-hooks. They would go about 150-160 yards but would land about 40 yards to the left of where i wanted it to go. I was able to hit some very nice shots that flew around 200 yards straight ahead, but they were rare. Let me tell you though, when the ball is hit right, it feels like it explodes off the face. Overall though, I felt like I was going to end up returning the club because I couldn't really hit it where i wanted to.

Second Range Session: What an improvement. I decided to work on my "tempo", which others have suggested, and also moved the ball farther back in my stance. All of my shots went fairly straight (some were baby-draws), and would consistently be over 200. This club might end up replacing my 3-wood! There's no way I'm returning it now haha.

Ok, so I recently bought this hybrid based on launch monitor testing and the fact that it just felt right.

First Range Session: Most of the shots i hit at first were snap-hooks. They would go about 150-160 yards but would land about 40 yards to the left of where i wanted it to go. I was able to hit some very nice shots that flew around 200 yards straight ahead, but they were rare. Let me tell you though, when the ball is hit right, it feels like it explodes off the face. Overall though, I felt like I was going to end up returning the club because I couldn't really hit it where i wanted to.

Second Range Session: What an improvement. I decided to work on my "tempo", which others have suggested, and also moved the ball farther back in my stance. All of my shots went fairly straight (some were baby-draws), and would consistently be over 200. This club might end up replacing my 3-wood! There's no way I'm returning it now haha.

Great to hear man. There's nothing like having confidence in a hybrid. Good luck out there and keep us updated. And welcome to THP.

Good to hear and glad we could help. Welcome to THP and please keep us updated.

So I put a new shaft in my 2.0 and let me just say, this is my new favorite club. Pics and a review to follow in the next few days.

So I put a new shaft in my 2.0 and let me just say, this is my new favorite club. Pics and a review to follow in the next few days.

What did you end up getting?

What did you end up getting?

A UST IROD hybrid/long iron shaft. It was only $15 shipped, but I love the feel of the hybrid now and the ball flight is awsome. Its what I put in my step dads old TM rescue.

I wanted to say thanks to the testers and taylormade/thp for this thread. Its been an incredible help to me the past few weeks in my search for a new hybrid.

--
tapatalk

I wanted to say thanks to the testers and taylormade/thp for this thread. Its been an incredible help to me the past few weeks in my search for a new hybrid.

--
tapatalk

Glad we can help big man! If you end up getting it do please share your experiences here with a big thanks in advance.

Glad we can help big man! If you end up getting it do please share your experiences here with a big thanks in advance.

Will do. I completely forgot you had this club until I was driving through Sebring after reunion. I should've "borrowed" it a time or two.

--
tapatalk

Will do. I completely forgot you had this club until I was driving through Sebring after reunion. I should've "borrowed" it a time or two.

--
tapatalk

Funny what goes through the noodle when driving through Sebring. :D

It's definitely more stout than the stock offering now that the 6.0 is in full effect. Have you tried it stock yet at all? If not try it out stock first (although it might accentuate your nice draw and turn it into one of Heidi Fleiss's employees). To me it sounds like a good excuse to come back up for another round.

Yes, hit both the reg and stiff reax shafts. Stiff was obviously tighter in dispersion and a 218 avg total, kinda died left in the last 10 yds. Reg was a big fade or low hook, not good for me.

My TM fitter is getting some new monitors and software so we're waiting for it before a full on session. It's so tight between this and the 7 wood so I need all the data I can get.

--
tapatalk

Yes, hit both the reg and stiff reax shafts. Stiff was obviously tighter in dispersion and a 218 avg total, kinda died left in the last 10 yds. Reg was a big fade or low hook, not good for me.

My TM fitter is getting some new monitors and software so we're waiting for it before a full on session. It's so tight between this and the 7 wood so I need all the data I can get.

--
tapatalk

Just keep in mind the situations you'll be using this in. At the fitters is obviously ideal conditions. Never hit a 7W but if it's anything like other woods then I can say that this club can get through turf better. The shape of the head makes me think a tad smaller FW but the turf interaction tells me that it's definitely a hybrid.

Just keep in mind the situations you'll be using this in. At the fitters is obviously ideal conditions. Never hit a 7W but if it's anything like other woods then I can say that this club can get through turf better. The shape of the head makes me think a tad smaller FW but the turf interaction tells me that it's definitely a hybrid.

Very good point, that's exactly what my both my golftec teacher and the fitter told me, you're in good company there! The shape of this hybrid suits my eye much better than a traditional hybrid, like the rescue 11 or razr.

--
tapatalk

Hey testers, quick question. I know it was addressed somewhere in this thread but to those that have hit both the superlaunch and this new hybrid, how do the two compare? looking at the stats via TM's page I don't a difference except for face angle. Any thoughts?

Hey testers, quick question. I know it was addressed somewhere in this thread but to those that have hit both the superlaunch and this new hybrid, how do the two compare? looking at the stats via TM's page I don't a difference except for face angle. Any thoughts?

I didn't hit the superlaunch but I have heard it is the same except for, wait for it, the white. I think the 2.0 also has a touch bit of a deeper face (raylor like) but I could be wrong. I think the price difference now is roughly $30 and it is really up to you if it's worth that since it's close enough. Before when the difference was over $50 I would've said unless you're really hot on the white then 1.0 would've been a go.

Back