TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 Hybrid Review Thread

After reading all the great reviews in this thread, I pulled the trigger and put an 18* one of these in my bag.
WOW....I love this thing! The ball really explodes off the face and I really like the ball flight.
Nice and high with a little draw. The old R7 draw hybrid has a new home in the garage.
Thanks THP for yet another great testing and review to help us make some real informed decisions on club purchases.

After reading all the great reviews in this thread, I pulled the trigger and put an 18* one of these in my bag.
WOW....I love this thing! The ball really explodes off the face and I really like the ball flight.
Nice and high with a little draw. The old R7 draw hybrid has a new home in the garage.
Thanks THP for yet another great testing and review to help us make some real informed decisions on club purchases.

Glad we can help Drum. If you don't mind drop in every once in a while and let us know how it's holding up. I'm assuming you're sticking with the stock offering?

Thats awesome, always love hearing when THP members reviews help others. Great Job testers

Hey testers, how is this hybrid in terms of consistant ball flight and distance. I've heard this has good forgiveness but even when you hit it flush it doesn't necessarily give the same balk flight and distance. What do you guys think?

I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

Hey testers, how is this hybrid in terms of consistant ball flight and distance. I've heard this has good forgiveness but even when you hit it flush it doesn't necessarily give the same balk flight and distance. What do you guys think?

I hate to say this but do you think it could be more of a swing thing? Talking from experience off the stock shaft I was seeing a high draw to hook on misses. On a much stouter shaft like the PX 6.0 that I have on it now I can work it better (my preferred ball flight is a high fade which I can do much better with the upgraded shaft). Misses would come up shorter on both shafts (my misses were normally high off the toe) due to the exaggerated ball flight. When I hit it flush it's solid about 210-220 every time with my preferred ball flight.

I think when it comes to the term "forgiveness" what I think is when I do miss it won't punish me too much dispersion and distance wise. Are we talking about the same thing?

I didn't hit the superlaunch but I have heard it is the same except for, wait for it, the white. I think the 2.0 also has a touch bit of a deeper face (raylor like) but I could be wrong. I think the price difference now is roughly $30 and it is really up to you if it's worth that since it's close enough. Before when the difference was over $50 I would've said unless you're really hot on the white then 1.0 would've been a go.

The price difference is the only thing I could tell today spank. Took one out to demo for a few days as well so I can make an educated buy. Talked with the TM rep at length also, weighting is virtually the same, face angle is the same, but the shaft is little lighter.

--
tapatalk

The price difference is the only thing I could tell today spank. Took one out to demo for a few days as well so I can make an educated buy. Talked with the TM rep at length also, weighting is virtually the same, face angle is the same, but the shaft is little lighter.

--
tapatalk

Not surprising. Many have said the same thing. But c'mon man... it's white!

I hate to say this but do you think it could be more of a swing thing? Talking from experience off the stock shaft I was seeing a high draw to hook on misses. On a much stouter shaft like the PX 6.0 that I have on it now I can work it better (my preferred ball flight is a high fade which I can do much better with the upgraded shaft). Misses would come up shorter on both shafts (my misses were normally high off the toe) due to the exaggerated ball flight. When I hit it flush it's solid about 210-220 every time with my preferred ball flight.

I think when it comes to the term "forgiveness" what I think is when I do miss it won't punish me too much dispersion and distance wise. Are we talking about the same thing?

No not really. I generally don't have a problem with miss hits with hybrids. I was asking how was the consistancy on flush shots. I've found with a lot of game improvement hybrids that I've hit that they can give a bit different ball flight and distance even on shots struck the same. I haven't experienced this problem with any of the tour-level hybrids I've hit. I want my hybrid to act as an iron essentially, so consistancy, not necesarily forgiveness, is the key thing.

No not really. I generally don't have a problem with miss hits with hybrids. I was asking how was the consistancy on flush shots. I've found with a lot of game improvement hybrids that I've hit that they can give a bit different ball flight and distance even on shots struck the same. I haven't experienced this problem with any of the tour-level hybrids I've hit. I want my hybrid to act as an iron essentially, so consistancy, not necesarily forgiveness, is the key thing.

I'm still at a fog to what you're asking for. Correct me if I'm not understanding is that a ball struck the same exact way (like a swing robot) flies the same trajectory, same flight, and same distance every time it is hit. Unfortunately, I don't have a swing like a robot so I cannot say whether swing #1 flies at the same trajectory or distance as swing #2. That's why the question boggles me is that you're saying that you're hitting it the same EVERY swing and you're seeing different distances and ball flights. To me if you're hitting it flush EVERY time then forgiveness doesn't really come into play because forgiveness only comes into play when you miss the sweet spot (un-flush or not flush). Am I hearing that right? To me, it sounds like more of a swing thing than a club thing or maybe that the club is making you do something in your swing that the tour level hybrids are not making you do with your swing (weight perhaps, draw bias perhaps?).

When I do hit it flush (few and far between) I see the same ball flight (a fade as a product of my swing) and roughly the same distance (210-220 as a product of my swing).

I would agree totally with you spank. I've seen very consistent ball flight when I hit it on the screws, climbs to a good height then drops left. Longest today was 213, shortest was 205, I can play with an 8 yd gap all day.

--
tapatalk

Ok thank you two. I'm not saying that I hit it flush every time, but a lot of the time. And not exactly the same like a swing robot, but I've found some flux in trajectory and distance with some hybrids. Not huge, but roughly 15 yds, and I'd like my hybrid to act like an iron so it would be more dialed in. I've found that the tour hybrids are like that. I think it has to do with more forgiving clubs being geared toward distance so the good hit isn't as dialed in. Thank you guys for the feedback though. You've been great.

Since I had some extra balls for the Adams range session I decided to hit some with this club...

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I just wanted to thank everybody that posted comments in thread. I ended up pulling the trigger on the 3 hybrid based mainly on this thread. I found one used for only $100 and it's probably the best steal I've ever gotten in terms of golf equipment. This club is my new "go-to" club when I'm in a jam. I simply can not miss with this thing no matter where the ball is sitting.

If the superfast 2.0 3-wood performs as well as the hybrid then I will probably end up picking one of those up as well.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I just wanted to thank everybody that posted comments in thread. I ended up pulling the trigger on the 3 hybrid based mainly on this thread. I found one used for only $100 and it's probably the best steal I've ever gotten in terms of golf equipment. This club is my new "go-to" club when I'm in a jam. I simply can not miss with this thing no matter where the ball is sitting.

If the superfast 2.0 3-wood performs as well as the hybrid then I will probably end up picking one of those up as well.

No worries dude. Glad to hear that we could be some help. Hopefully you'll get miles of use from this club.

Hey Spank818

First, I've never been a fan of superfast.. the looks never appealed to me. I preferred conventional hybrid heads..

It was on a fateful day at the range and suddenly my opinion flipped 180 deg.. my buddy was playing his 2.0 on the range and I figured why not? So I picked it up and tried... since it was fitted with motore F3 hybrid.. I wasn't expecting too much. lined up the shot and pulled the trigger..

BOOM!! 3 hybrid hit the 200 yard bunker down the range... wow..with a range ball , 80% compression, having almost no dimples left on it...

I went like WOW...this face is hot.. so I lined up another ball, again it went BOOM!!!... penetrative mid-high launch flight and landed soft... again.. another 15 more balls hitting this hybrid and I was sold.

Fitted with the same specs and instead of just getting the 3H i got myself the 4H as well to replace my inconsistent 4i. Suddenly confidence from 200-210 yards just went from 50 - 80%.. Never felt better and loving the sound, feel and of course the distance with this club.... :D

Appreciate your reviews buddy.. the club is awesome.. its staying in my bag....

Hey Spank818

First, I've never been a fan of superfast.. the looks never appealed to me. I preferred conventional hybrid heads..

It was on a fateful day at the range and suddenly my opinion flipped 180 deg.. my buddy was playing his 2.0 on the range and I figured why not? So I picked it up and tried... since it was fitted with motore F3 hybrid.. I wasn't expecting too much. lined up the shot and pulled the trigger..

BOOM!! 3 hybrid hit the 200 yard bunker down the range... wow..with a range ball , 80% compression, having almost no dimples left on it...

I went like WOW...this face is hot.. so I lined up another ball, again it went BOOM!!!... penetrative mid-high launch flight and landed soft... again.. another 15 more balls hitting this hybrid and I was sold.

Fitted with the same specs and instead of just getting the 3H i got myself the 4H as well to replace my inconsistent 4i. Suddenly confidence from 200-210 yards just went from 50 - 80%.. Never felt better and loving the sound, feel and of course the distance with this club.... :D

Appreciate your reviews buddy.. the club is awesome.. its staying in my bag....

Thanks Begbie and welcome to THP! I was never a fan as well prior to my experience with this club and I agree that it just jumps off the face. Let us know how it's holding up for you in the future.

Thanks spank..

Will let u know how it holds up.. The Re-ax 60 stock shaft has been transformed as an alignment aid in the range and other times for directing traffic.Its really a piece of c&*p... Its so light that it takes too much control on the back swing ..

I normally ended up with my transition going all over the shop.. most hits I ended up with a hook..

They should really consider a heavier shaft for the stiff option. 60g is absurd... :)

They remind me of ping drivers.... superb heads but ridiculous stock shaft options..

Last edited:
Thanks spank..

Will let u know how it holds up.. The Re-ax 60 stock shaft has been transformed as an alignment aid in the range and other times for directing traffic.Its really a piece of c&*p... Its so light that it takes too much control on the back swing ..

I normally ended up with my transition going all over the shop.. most hits I ended up with a hook..

They should really consider a heavier shaft for the stiff option. 60g is absurd... :)

They remind me of ping drivers.... superb heads but ridiculous stock shaft options..

Well you have to think of it from TM's point of view where they were marketing this for club speed and the lighter the overall weight the higher the club head speed. Unfortunately, I have a quick transition that just doesn't fit this stock setup. For some folks out there stock shaft is fine. That's why I always preach the importance of fitting. If I was to pick this up off the shelf without knowing the characteristics of my swing then all I'd see is the same things you see... hook central, then I'd probably return it and therefore cost TM money in the process.

It's never a one fit all type scenario with any club so it's great that you found a place that allows you to re-shaft. Funny thing... I did the same on the stock shaft as well and use it as an alignment aid.

I hit one last week in GG and liked the head but wasn't too crazy about the stock Fujikura. Found a new "demo" not a mark for $100 today. Purchased it. Taking it to the course tomorrow. Nothing beats taking a untested.. unhit club to the course.

I did see some comments regarding shafts and not all being right for everyone. This is so true. I agree with the fact that with this club the selling point like the entire line is speed. My early thoughts the other day was a concern with the shaft. I was not liking the results or the shaft but I was off... my tempo was way too quick. My tempo is slow going back... slow transition....slow going down then step on it where it matters. Thus far with my swing all of the stock shafts have worked giving me no reason to invest in after-market shafts.

Alex

Its true the shaft is not for everyone and glad that it works for some, cause if it works there's no need for changes and of course you can save the moolahss!!!..

But my temp has been pretty quick and the only way of controlling it is by using a heavier shaft as advised by my local clubfitter... but one dept Taylormade has been performing are their driver and rescue heads. Until the Ping G20 kicked my supertri of my bag, I've only been using TM drivers, R7, R5xl, R9 420, R9 460 and the last is Supertri...

They make quality heads and the only lacking bit in my game is I do not possess quality hands and natural talent , these are god given and talent pool is limited.. lol.. fortunately technology has helped with my game and made it more enjoyable...

Btw, I had my first game on the course with my Superfast 2.0 rescue/Fujikura motore 75S combi and it did what I expected it to be. No more hooks ... A few tops and misses but overall min loss in distance and still managed to salvage par or worse bogeys along the way....Good stuff..

Sorry to bump..

But, just to make sure, most of the feed back in this thread is with regards to the non-TP version of the Superfast 2.0 right?
What are the main differences between the TP and non-TP version ball flight, feel, etc.. wise?
I actually do have the same question for the fairway wood (15 degreee 3W) as well.

I do have the non-TP Superfast 2.0 hybrids (4H, 5H) to replace my 3 and 4 iron.
These clubs are probably the easiest club I've ever hit.
Knowing that, I just can't brush off the thought that I should have bought the TP version instead, which btw should be just as easy to hit with the advantages (whatever it may be) of being a TP version.. right?

Last edited:
Slow day at the office, so I was able to get through a large amount of this thread. Really excited about trying this one out. I love the SF 2.0 driver and am not totally in love with my current set up of fairway woods (too much of a distance gap between driver and 4W), so I am going to take a look at the TM SF hybrids and Fairway woods tomorrow at the local Golfsmith.

Right now I carry the Callaway Diablo 21 degrees hybrid and Ping G 15 4W. I am thinking about ditching both of them to go with the 18 degree SF hybrid as well as the SF 3 wood. I mainly use the 4W for tee shots on tight dogleg par 4's and it is just a little short. It is easy hitting off of the deck, but I am wondering if the 18 degree hybrid will be close in distance to it. I will bring my current clubs in and hit them on the launch monitor to see how everything stacks up. I might toss my 3 iron and keep the 21 degree. My cobra S3 irons are a full club longer than my older Cobras and my 4iron has pretty much replaced that distance anyway. Looking forward to it and will report back.

As I mentioned I bought a Rescue 2.0 last week. I did take it our for a round or two, As expected the day I hit it at GG I was having an off day. The other day on the course it was flat-out terrific. First hole... par 5 my tee shot left me 260 yards in. I would descibe the shot as a miss...pulled to the left and off of the heel slightly. I ended up leaving myself 40 yards in. Good debut strike from the deck. On a par 4 it was 230 to a dogleg left where it's 150 yards in.... I placed the tee shot with the Rescue right where it had to be. Playing partners said to me.. for not having ever hit it you are hitting that great.

I had it at the range yesterday and my swing coach loves how I hit it. High, majestic ballflight that I lower with set-up. Nothing but straight shots...btw the shaft is working for me. Quick transitions and swings will reduce the effectiveness os this club imo.

Alex

I hit one last week in GG and liked the head but wasn't too crazy about the stock Fujikura. Found a new "demo" not a mark for $100 today. Purchased it. Taking it to the course tomorrow. Nothing beats taking a untested.. unhit club to the course.

I did see some comments regarding shafts and not all being right for everyone. This is so true. I agree with the fact that with this club the selling point like the entire line is speed. My early thoughts the other day was a concern with the shaft. I was not liking the results or the shaft but I was off... my tempo was way too quick. My tempo is slow going back... slow transition....slow going down then step on it where it matters. Thus far with my swing all of the stock shafts have worked giving me no reason to invest in after-market shafts.

Alex

so the stock shaft in the TM SF 2.0 hybrids is a Fujikkura ? Anyone know what the specs are on that ? other than weight, high or low kick points ? or are those options they even make in the hb .. Thanks

Back