TBT' Big Adventure at Callaway Performance Center

That sounds like a great experiance and the driver that is a huge improvment. Seriously.

Awesome to hear another amazing experience with Callaway. Love hearing all the MCer's experiences.

BTW: Razr Blacks are beautiful looking.

Great experience, Tim! 14 yards? WOW WOW WOW.

WOW 14yrds longer carry!! Nice. Glad you had a blast TBT! It is truely awesome to have gone through something like that. Your gonna have a pretty sweet MC Bag!

Great post TBT, I know you are estatic after the fitting, best of luck in the MC 2.0 with the new sticks.

Thank you for sharing your great experience! Can't wait to hear what you have to say when the set is delivered.

Great story - thanks for sharing. What an amazing experience!

Sent from my DROIDX

Thanks guys, this was a truly great experience! As I have said, I can't thank Chad, Barton Creek Country Club, Callaway and THP enough....it was so cool to be able to build a custom set like that and to know that every club in my bag is the best possible option for my game.

I can't wait to hear about Breezy and INGolfer's experience as they go through the process. If anyone is considering Callaway clubs I would not hesitate to find the CPC nearest you and go get fit.

You would be amazed at how affordable it is!

Very cool experience it sounds like. I'd really like to do a more in depth fitting like this sometime. Sounds like fun and really informative! Glad you enjoyed it TBT!

Sounds like you had an amazing time TBT. Some really good information in there buddy

Happy for ya TBT!!

awesome experience thanks for sharing!

Awesome tread TBT, thanks for sharing. Glad you guys are getting such great treatment at the Callaway Centers.

Just read this Tim awesome read dude and congrats on the experience.

Beast mode from tapatalk

So far after reading TBT and Hanks stories, it is clear that the fitting experiences of the CPC are truly unique and they leave no stone unturned when it comes to finding the right equipment for your game. It's awesome reading about these experiences and the success they have had.

Glad you had such a great experience.

I'd love to know how they work out for you on the course as you get used to them.

You scored bud.

The CPC is probably the best fitting experience I've been through. I'm hesitant to go anywhere else because they were that good. The technology they use to track your numbers, the methods to find your lie angle and everything else is just second to none.

Glad you had such a great experience Tim.

The CPC is probably the best fitting experience I've been through. I'm hesitant to go anywhere else because they were that good. The technology they use to track your numbers, the methods to find your lie angle and everything else is just second to none.

Glad you had such a great experience Tim.

Yeah I was quite suprised my this, I had never seen it done like that, but it made perfect sense and was much better that hitting off a plastic board!

Yeah I was quite suprised my this, I had never seen it done like that, but it made perfect sense and was much better that hitting off a plastic board!

It sure was! lol and so much better feeling too. I think I'm going to go through a full fitting there again and just get my specs and shaft. I'm so glad you and a few others are going through this. Callaway's fitting is just top notch.

Tim awesome write up! I'm glad you had the opportunity for such a great experience. Would you have ever thought that he would have thrown you in to an 8.5 driver head? Also can you talk a little bit about how much difference you say with each iron head you tested?

That sounds fantastic Tim! Just goes to show how golf swings are so different.

Prior to this fitting, would you have classified yourself into the 8.5/open category?

Tim awesome write up! I'm glad you had the opportunity for such a great experience. Would you have ever thought that he would have thrown you in to an 8.5 driver head? Also can you talk a little bit about how much difference you say with each iron head you tested?

That sounds fantastic Tim! Just goes to show how golf swings are so different.

Prior to this fitting, would you have classified yourself into the 8.5/open category?

As far as the 8.5* head goes...I am not sure I would have gone that low, when I was at the Razr Fit Launch at GG I was swinging a 9.5* head, but Chad thought that I could hit the 8.5 and I would have never thought to hit the club with it set to "open" since I tend to push or slice the ball at times, but what we found was that I tend to "Hang on" to the club to keep from hooking the ball and that caused the push...with it set to open and the wieghts set to draw bias they kind of canceled each other out and let me feel free to release the clubhead through impact, my ballflight was better and the dispersion pattern really tightened up as soon as we hit that combination of setup and the Radix shaft...if fact I think I hit 10 balls in a row with that combo that were all withing 5 yards or so of the center line.

As far as the irons go, since I am such a high ball hitter, we really had to work on getting the ballflight and spin rate down..we started with the HL and even though I was hitting them with good accuracy, I was launching moon shots with these things...I mean 27* launch angle high with a 6 iron...and the backspin was up over 6K, we then hit the XF's and again I hit them well, just still too high and too much spin.

I hit the Blacks with one shaft that was still too light and even though the results were better than the HL or the XF, it still wasn't quite there....I then hit the RXT's and the orginal Razr X(we ruled out the MB's or the Forged because I am not a consitant enought ballstriker to hit those type of clubs)

I hit both of those well and it was when I was hitting the RXT's that we stumbled up the shaft that really worked and then we put it into the Blacks and everything just fit. The Blacks and the RXT's are very similar as far as the profile and top line go....the Blacks just have the weight moved down for more forgiveness and distance.

Hope that makes sense....this was my first real fitting so I am not as well versed in all the technical terms that some of the others around here are.

great info man. I'm pumped that you were able to get this done.

great info man. I'm pumped that you were able to get this done.

Me too, I just can't wait for them to get here now so I can start dialing everything in!! With all the dark clubs in my bag I will be like a Ninja at the MC....a really fat, old ninja....LOL

Last edited:
Great write up Tim! That looks like it's going to be a great bag for you!

Back