Tell us which course is your Home course

Golfing in Ireland in February? Awesome! Is that usual?

Course was closed most of December but the 4 ball I play in trys to get out once a week, every week. Think in total I've missed 3 weeks since last April. The society I play in goes out the first Sunday of every month and we are yet to miss an outing.

Course was closed most of December but the 4 ball I play in trys to get out once a week, every week. Think in total I've missed 3 weeks since last April. The society I play in goes out the first Sunday of every month and we are yet to miss an outing.

Guess I had a preconceived notion of what weather in NI was like. Glad you can golf all year long. Here it is unusually mild but some snow on the ground is keeping us from golfing, but that could change at any time.

As for this thread, my home course is Olds Central Highlands in Olds Alberta (about 40 minutes from calgary). Nicely maintained and friendly. Going back for my second season, that should get under way late April or so.

The Pines Golf Course, short public course, awesome spot for good money! I play more upscale spots on weekends, play there all week.

Chateau Elan in Georgia. Extremely lucky to have two 18 hole course and a par 3 right in the neighborhood. With the weather we've had this winter, I've been in a golf heaven (now if I could just get my game to match).

River Heights Gokf Course. It's not the nicest but it's a course that will challenge you. Its called River Heights for a reason, lots of water. Another one I used to play is called Kishwaukee Country Club. Very nice, and pretty challenging

Last two years it's been Ashburn Golf Club in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Though this year it may change to Northumberland Link, Pugwash, Nova Scotia.

When I'm playing with the wife, we go to Diablo Hills in Walnut Creek, CA. It's a par 34 9 holer that she feels comfortable playing. The course I play the most often are the Presidio and Lincoln Park in the City.

Indian Canyon in Spokane, Washington

Indian Canyon in Spokane, Washington

I played Indian Canyon last summer and enjoyed it quite a bit. The greens were SUPER slow though so I had a terrible time adjusting to the speed. How are they normally?

When I lived on long island the answer would be easy and it was Bethpage red or green but living here in Orlando there are so many close courses. It I guess where I play the most is Stoneybrook West.

I played Indian Canyon last summer and enjoyed it quite a bit. The greens were SUPER slow though so I had a terrible time adjusting to the speed. How are they normally?

They very a lot! Speed them up for tournaments and slow them down for daily traffic. They can be unbearably fast!

No home course here. Out of the ~50 rounds i play each year they are spread over 30+ courses.

If I had to pick a place to play every time it would diablo grande in the central valley. Great courses there and reasonably priced http://www.diablogrande.com/

Serrano CC in El Dorado Hills, California. I miss the quality bent grass greens that I grew up with in Minnesota and Wisconsin, but the weather here in N. Cal is awesome. I play 7 rounds in 7 days at Cragun's Resort in Brainerd, MN each August.
http://serranocountryclub.org/

What is your Home Golf Course? Photos & Links

What is your Home Golf Course? Photos & Links

stbhgclogo200.jpg

Course: Steinbach Fly-In Golf Club
Holes: 18 Hole

courselayout.jpg

Course layout link:
http://www.steinbachgolfclub.com/courselayout.shtml

Photos(will update):

sixteenthfairway.jpg

If I'm not mistaken theres already a thread about this.

Back