The 100 Putt Challenge

Saturday's 100 went much better than Friday. Only missed 4 compared to Friday's 17.

Took more time. Tried to maintain the same stroke and not mess around with stroke length.

Looking forward to tonight's 100

I’m current as of yesterday. I got out any played this morning so I’ve got to get about 70 putts left (I had about 30 in warm up).

I have to say doing this for 2 of the last 3 days has really helped, I putted better today than in months...you da man Canadan!

I'm pretty sure this 100 putt challenge has helped me with the new flatstick. I putted pretty well this morning. Had 2 birdies & a number of other's that went right by the hole.

Done. I’m definitely better distance control in the 10-12 foot range on the practice greens since getting the putt out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

93 for 100 today. 7 footers, well because I have an 8 foot mat.
Huntington Beach #1 for 75 putts (Superstroke Pistol GTR)
Swag Handsome One for 25 putts (Tour SNSR Contour Pro)

Working on the shorter stroke again tonight, back 6-8 inches or so, and then follow through.

There is one thing for certain, this whole process is going to instill the image of making putts.

I got mine done super late last night - buzzer beater haha

After my round today with more frustration... Man... I just feel like i am leaving something on the table. Almost no motivation to get back down to the basement.... and I really want a putter fitting.

@Canadan do you think doing the challenge is helping your on-course putting?

@Canadan do you think doing the challenge is helping your on-course putting?
definitely. Without being able to hit the putting green, it makes it a big difference with starting the round.

Also, I think the best practice has been three footers. I tend to open the face up a bit when I roll them, and it's super annoying. Made some very nice par putts today knowing that and working on it.

For all the putting work I have put in, the greens at local course are nowhere close to ideal. Very slow and bumpy. Can't replicate that with my birdie ball mat. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I only had 70 yesterday, so I did 150 today. I’d say that’s fair.

I only had 70 yesterday, so I did 150 today. I’d say that’s fair.
I did zero yesterday, and zero today - so I can't judge presently.

The rounds I played were a combination of pure frustration and confusion about putter fitting hahaha.... then naturally, I drained a few good ones and suddenly I'm my own hero again.

3 days of laying floor at a buddy’s house knocked me out of the challenge for a few days. I did manage a 30 putt outing on Sunday although a chip-in helped that number. Back at it tomorrow. Also may have a new putter coming... (please be right tracking information!)

3 days of laying floor at a buddy’s house knocked me out of the challenge for a few days. I did manage a 30 putt outing on Sunday although a chip-in helped that number. Back at it tomorrow. Also may have a new putter coming... (please be right tracking information!)
I think this thread is going to act more as a reminder that conditioning a solid stroke is ideal for every golfer, and when it's in front of them, it's a good shove.

I'm also starting to rethink the idea of tacking on 100 if you play that day - I'm thinking it might be better than call those days 'bonus'

I think this thread is going to act more as a reminder that conditioning a solid stroke is ideal for every golfer, and when it's in front of them, it's a good shove.

I'm also starting to rethink the idea of tacking on 100 if you play that day - I'm thinking it might be better than call those days 'bonus'
I can always use a nice subtle reminder, but a good shove is also effective. Could be coincidence, could be luck, could be that these were the first greens I’ve played this year where the ball didn’t bounce on most putts... but I can’t remember the last time I made so many putts rather than just pocketing a gimme.

Rolled 5 putts tonight and called it quits.
Can barely stand, and my arms are absolutely dead after a day at work of pushing a mower around and using a weed whacker

Back at it tomorrow. I just don't feel like it would be constructive to miss a lot of putts tonight lol.

Been enjoying working on my stroke again. I'm so much more confident in the 3 footers now, even the 5-6 footers are getting so much better. Really glad for this push!

I fell off the wagon but am going to get my 100 in today

I did mine yesterday. Just forgot to post them. at about 40 so far this morning. Probably will finish this evening after work.

I got mine done super late last night - buzzer beater haha

After my round today with more frustration... Man... I just feel like i am leaving something on the table. Almost no motivation to get back down to the basement.... and I really want a putter fitting.
I think we need a special edition of Range Days. Putting Green Days needs to happen.

I should be able to make 100 by the end of the quarter. 💪

Putts 1-10 had me shaking my head, but 10-20 had me walking it in. Grooving!

Crap, I think I need to start over for the day...
DE520D59-2B2F-43E6-8021-A70832747AAF.jpeg

If there’s anything more boring than putting practice I don’t know what it is. You guys that are doing this are awesome. I tried to start tonight and hit maybe 45-50 putts and I’m done. I will try again tomorrow but I’m not sure I’ve got 100 practice putts in me.

Last edited:
I have got mine in today. I am starting to really look forward to this. I have not missed a day yet.

I am putting my sure putt mat to good use. Feeling pretty good about my stroke.

Back