The 2015-16 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love all the ou looks legit talk. They were a bad coaching decision away from over time against a mediocre Boykin and doctson less tcu team. How is that one point win worth a jump of four?

Whatever. It will play itself out.

I love all the ou looks legit talk. They were a bad coaching decision away from over time against a mediocre Boykin and doctson less tcu team. How is that one point win worth a jump of four?

Whatever. It will play itself out.

Notre Dame was a failed Hail Mary away from losing to a fantastic Virginia team.

A win is a win.

Notre Dame was a failed Hail Mary away from losing to a fantastic Virginia team.
They would've been better off losing to a bad team, right? Texas

They would've been better off losing to a bad team, right? Texas

Maybe. Or just beating the best teams on their schedule.

Maybe. Or just beating the best teams on their schedule.

Don't feed the Leprechauns.

:alien:

Frankly, ND doesn't have this issue if they're in a conference, even if it was the XII-IV+II.

In the meantime, I'm honestly worried about Bedlam. All the hubbub could be for naught.

Big game Bob is ripe for one of his epic failures.

Watch the big ten **** the bed this week and both nd and ou get in. Making this argument completely moot. #teamchaos

In the meantime, I'm honestly worried about Bedlam.

I am for sure concerned about it, as well. I think it will be a tougher game than Baylor, but if they played like they did against Baylor, I think they win by 14+. If the Jordan Thomas that played against Baylor shows up, look out. He was incredible on Coleman. Just gotta get healthy in the next few days!

Watch the big ten **** the bed this week and both nd and ou get in. Making this argument completely moot. #teamchaos
Hoping this won't happen, for many, many reasons.

Big Game Bob only fails in championship games (sans 2000-01). Trust me, I'm all too familiar with that, unfortunately.

Big Game Bob only fails in championship games (sans 2000-01). Trust me, I'm all too familiar with that, unfortunately.
This is technically a pseudo championship game for ou in the conference, right?

This is technically a pseudo championship game for ou in the conference, right?

I certainly hope so. 7-1 in Big XII championship games.

I heart this thread.

Oh. Nope. No I don't.

Just win baby, that's all you can do. 5 teams seem to control their own destiny... ND may get the shaft in favor or the Big XII

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Just win baby, that's all you can do. 5 teams seem to control their own destiny... ND may get the shaft in favor or the Big XII

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Exactly. Just win and let things play out.

Our schedule let us down with gtech, usc, and the acc teams outside of Clemson, and to a lesser extent pitt, not holding up their end of the deal.

Interesting stat in the Ohio State/Michigan State series. The home team hasn't won since '07

Ohio State won at home last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He said sparty they played at msu

Wow my reading ability has failed me. Guess I've got the blinders on for this weekend. Sorry Phil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike Tranghese was ill and couldn't travel, so only 11 members of the committee voted. Wonder how much influence that had over the rankings last night and will be interesting to see how it sorts itself out. Just keep winning...

Just catching up on the latest rankings and as someone who is on the outside looking in from a fans perspective, the only issue i have is MSU not being in the top 4. I can see a lot of arguments for the 1 loss teams, but IMO ND has no case because of their schedule and how they have struggled. Get into a conference and it will help the cause. Like it or not, you have to be in one of the big 5 conferences to get the benefit of the doubt.

Just catching up on the latest rankings and as someone who is on the outside looking in from a fans perspective, the only issue i have is MSU not being in the top 4. I can see a lot of arguments for the 1 loss teams, but IMO ND has no case because of their schedule and how they have struggled. Get into a conference and it will help the cause. Like it or not, you have to be in one of the big 5 conferences to get the benefit of the doubt.

Agree, 3 very solid wins (2 against current top 10 teams) its tough to see them outside at the moment.

However I think as far as that it will play itself out soon.
THey beat Penn state and then Iowa they are in
If they dont beat Penn state, they are out

Agree, 3 very solid wins (2 against current top 10 teams) its tough to see them outside at the moment.

for those teams with the games in front of them its simple, win and it will take care of itself. From a ND perspective even if they beat Stanford i'm not sure that helps if everyone else wins also. You want to get the benefit of the doubt, join a power conference. As a UofH fan, even if they would have gone undefeated, I didnt have any expectations of being in the title bracket because they didnt lose. it's the nature of the beast in CFB>

Agreed. While an interesting thought process, last year showed that the rankings are so fluid as to be almost meaningless. Clemson has to get past UNC (if they can't get past the Gamecocks they never deserved their #1 ranking anyways), OU has to get past OSU, and Iowa/MSU need to win out for their slot, and Alabama needs to get past Auburn/UF. So still a lot of football to be played, style points to be earned, etc.

ND could definitely help their case by routing Stanford ... a close game probably won't cut it. If they fail to do so ... I think it's win and in for the winners of all but the Pac12.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back