The 2015-16 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else see the crawl across the Iowa Nebraska game about les coaching his last game this week?

I wasn't paying attention. Thats huge.

Anyone else see the crawl across the Iowa Nebraska game about les coaching his last game this week?
Yep. Lots of people saying, win or lose, he's gone Sunday.

Boosters have agreed to foot the buyout bill already.
Someone is going to get a heck of a Coach.

LSU going hard after Jimbo Fisher, apparently.

Someone is going to get a heck of a Coach.

LSU going hard after Jimbo Fisher, apparently.

Unless he thinks some kind of penalties are coming to FSU, I just don't have any idea why he would leave there for LSU.

Yep. Lots of people saying, win or lose, he's gone Sunday.
I've been out of the loop since last weekend sports wise. The whole thing just blows my mind. Some school is going to get a hell of a coach. Personally I hope he goes to USCe and LSU is left in the desert Tennessee style.

I've been out of the loop since last weekend sports wise. The whole thing just blows my mind. Some school is going to get a hell of a coach. Personally I hope he goes to USCe and LSU is left in the desert Tennessee style.

They want a Coach who can consistently beat Saban. Well, hate to tell those boosters, over the past 10 years, there hasnt been one.

They want a Coach who can consistently beat Saban. Well, hate to tell those boosters, over the past 10 years, there hasnt been one.
I want 17 million dollars but I'm not going to quit a good paying job to get it.

Another Iowa player knocked out. I'll say it again, no son of mine would play this sport. Brutal hit.

Nebraska is a really really really bad football team.

How can Nebraska even try to fight that call. 100% targeting. That was the quickest I've ever seen the refs come back from review of it

Another Iowa player knocked out. I'll say it again, no son of mine would play this sport. Brutal hit.

He is still down.

Have to call that Targeting call, but I don't think he was trying to do it intentionally. Almost seemed he was thinking he receiver would stay high and he was trying to duck under him.

I feel bad for the receiver and understand the rule. But what is a football defensive player supposed to do in that position. Let him catch the ball?

Yet they are a few fluky plays from having 8 wins...

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I feel bad for the receiver and understand the rule. But what is a football defensive player supposed to do in that position. Let him catch the ball?

Vs hitting him straight to the head? Yes.

I never saw the replay, I got called out of the room as soon as it happened, and it looked nasty as nasty gets.

But I still think throwing the player out should be optional. He hit him in the head, you have to make it a penalty to discourage it, but I don't think it was malicious at all

Don't have an answer for ya but players are going to have to adjust somehow. Or they'll keep getting thrown out.

Nebraska moving to try to tie it going into half

Have to call that Targeting call, but I don't think he was trying to do it intentionally. Almost seemed he was thinking he receiver would stay high and he was trying to duck under him.

I agree and just a week or two ago they looked at a targeting call for a long time to determine intent. I doubt that is something that can ever be proven without a doubt and intent should be erased from the discussion. I just hate the rule all the way around but I do want to protect the players. I really have no idea how to actually fix that head to head contact but I do know it needs to be stopped.

I think that's why they wear those hard plastic things...

I get targeting if a player goes up high to hit the head, but when the receiver and defender are both diving at the ball, contact happens.

I understand the rule. But worst case scenario that hit would have been a lot worse if the defender was "targeting" to hit him in the head. Oh well. Another safety rule in a violent game. I know the ncaa and football in general wants to protect its players. But it's almost a full contact sport. It's gonna be violent no matter what rules they put in it.

I never saw the replay, I got called out of the room as soon as it happened, and it looked nasty as nasty gets.

But I still think throwing the player out should be optional. He hit him in the head, you have to make it a penalty to discourage it, but I don't think it was malicious at all
Just a penalty would have been one thing. Ejection on that hit seems wrong.
I get targeting if a player goes up high to hit the head, but when the receiver and defender are both diving at the ball, contact happens.

QFT, preach brother!

I understand the rule. But worst case scenario that hit would have been a lot worse if the defender was "targeting" to hit him in the head. Oh well. Another safety rule in a violent game. I know the ncaa and football in general wants to protect its players. But it's almost a full contact sport. It's gonna be violent no matter what rules they put in it.

You can thank the concussion research for those changes going forward, right or wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back