The 2015-16 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So judging CFP logic Sparty should jump to #2 this week no?

I mean that's what happened after Bama beat that amazing LSU team.

Im good bro its just a game...doesnt dictate what i do day to day.

The stat was just something i saw scrolling on espn

Everybody is different, but I still to this day will never understand how a team made up of teenagers, to a place that put you in debt (assuming you are an alum) means live or die in the world of sports....But man, to some it is simply a lifestyle.

Everybody is different, but I still to this day will never understand how a team made up of teenagers, to a place that put you in debt (assuming you are an alum) means live or die in the world of sports....But man, to some it is simply a lifestyle.

I cried myself to sleep last night....

Spoiler
JK LOL

I cried myself to sleep last night....

Spoiler
JK LOL
At least u got to sleep im just rewatching 3rd and long reverses to miller inside the 10 over and over

Iowa up to #3 in the AP and I expect the same Tuesday. They will probably pass ND after that terrible BC game.

Iowa up to #3 in the AP and I expect the same Tuesday. They will probably pass ND after that terrible BC game.

I think Oklahoma, Mich St, and possibly Baylor should move past them as well.

I think Oklahoma, Mich St, and possibly Baylor should move past them as well.

Oklahoma for sure. Dunno about the other two.

Either way there's no way they get in ahead of Iowa/Sparty and a 1 loss Big 12 Team if it's Baylor or OU

Will be interesting to see where OU winds up, but it doesn't mean much until this upcoming Saturday. Next week hinges on whether or not Baker Mayfield gets the start or not against OSU. Honestly, if you target a player and he can't play for a few games ... you should have to sit for as long as he does.

OSU is going to win by 2-3 TD's this weekend IMO. MSU is a good team, but Cook isn't 100% and the defense won't be able to contain OSU's vertical passing game, similar to last year.

I don't understand why OSU would get so much grief for a close game against NIU; that's a decent team and a good program in the MAC. Indiana I'll agree with because their defense is horrific.

Tom Herman isn't walking through that door I guess. Congrats to Sparty, heck of a win and I was dead wrong. Couldn't believe how inept the Bucks were.

Tom Herman isn't walking through that door I guess. Congrats to Sparty, heck of a win and I was dead wrong. Couldn't believe how inept the Bucks were.

Yah the weather was bad but the lines just got dominated. Never thought I would see it.

I think if nd beats Stanford they are in with no exceptions. Very sloppy football against wake forest and bc

tons of good teams left. OSU had a great run but it will be over against Michigan with back to back losses . If ND and OSU both get eliminated I would love to see these 2 play in a bowl against each other

Will be interesting to see where OU winds up, but it doesn't mean much until this upcoming Saturday. Next week hinges on whether or not Baker Mayfield gets the start or not against OSU. Honestly, if you target a player and he can't play for a few games ... you should have to sit for as long as he does.
That was bad because not only did he come in late he dropped his head and led with the crown.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Great post. My wife told me the same thing one year when I got up at dawn to drive up to Ann Arbor to see the Irish play Michigan one season. She even suggested why not just follow the local high school team as the tickets are cheaper and they are closer to my home :)

That was bad because not only did he come in late he dropped his head and led with the crown.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
He passed his concussion protocol during the game and yesterday again, I'd bet Baker plays.

Good chart stolen from /r/cfb looking at # of wins by fbs opponents. Seems to show that MSU is pretty underrated. Will be interesting to see how ND/OU is handled. OU is ahead by .3 in avg opponents victories, but that is a bad loss to TX. Things will get sorted.
VqV9S35.jpg

My guess for the rankings tomorrow: 1. Clemson 2. Alabama 3. Iowa 4. ND 5. OU 6. MSU

The 2015-16 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Good chart stolen from /r/cfb looking at # of wins by fbs opponents. Seems to show that MSU is pretty underrated. Will be interesting to see how ND/OU is handled. OU is ahead by .3 in avg opponents victories, but that is a bad loss to TX. Things will get sorted.
VqV9S35.jpg

My guess for the rankings tomorrow: 1. Clemson 2. Alabama 3. Iowa 4. ND 5. OU 6. MSU

Agree with those however I think If both ND and OU win next week they put OU ahead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree with those however I think I'd both ND and OU win they put OU ahead.

I agree, but I am biased.

I agree, but I am biased.

At this point OU looks much better at the eye test.

Committee already proved last year bad loses can be forgiven early especially in rivalry games they have stated .

At this point OU looks much better at the eye test.

Committee already proved last year bad loses can be forgiven early especially in rivalry games they have stated .

I think the committee having ND over OU all along shows that they think ND over OU in the eye test and how they played they #1 team in the country. The committee is also going to realize that the ND game was never in doubt against BC despite the close final score. ND's offense was able to put up 450 yards on the #1 statistically ranked defense in the country. The turnovers were uncharacteristic of the Irish, and ND was able to overcome 5 turnovers against a very good defense, something Alabama was not able to do.

At the end of the day, if ND beats Stanford, they'll have wins over 3 ranked teams, 4 if Pitt wins and sneaks in. If Navy, Temple, and USC win this weekend, ND will have faced 5 division champions and 3 conference champions (assuming Clemson wins the ACC). No other team can come close to saying that with their resume and ND went 4-1 against them, losing to the #1 team in the country by 2 points on the road in one of the most difficult venues.
#13/12 Stanford
#15/16 Navy
#25/24 Temple
#27/30 Pitt

If OU beats OSU, they'll have wins over 3 ranked teams. If Baylor beats TCU, will they drop out after losing 3 of their last 4 to lose the season?
#7/7 Baylor
#9/10 OSU
#15/16 TCU

I give props to OU for boosting their OOC schedule, unlike TCU, Baylor, and OSU, but Tennessee isn't going to crack the rankings while only getting 2 votes in the AP.

It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. I think if MSU and Iowa win next week, the winner of the B1G championship game gets one of the playoff spots. It will more than likely come down to how ND and OU look in their games Saturday. I still think that Stanford is definitely the better of the two opponents. OSU has been playing with fire all season and could have easily lost a couple more games. Stanford has two losses to ranked teams.

If everything else is even, you can't ignore Texas, as much as you want to. It's a bad loss, rivalry game or not. When looking at the big picture, it hurts. As you mentioned, bad losses can be forgiven, but what happens if the team you're being compared to completely dominates that same team?

I love college football. Go Irish!

So if Les Miles is really done at LSU (looks likely) and Strong is booted from Texas (also appears likely), this years coaching carousel is going to be bananas. Looking more likely that Chip Kelly will be available in a few weeks. Question is who would be willing to wait that long to hire him? Have to figure USC, Texas and LSU all would want to talk to him. I've read LSU is set on trying to bring Jimbo back, but will he leave FSU?

Should be a very entertaining December.

So if Les Miles is really done at LSU (looks likely) and Strong is booted from Texas (also appears likely), this years coaching carousel is going to be bananas. Looking more likely that Chip Kelly will be available in a few weeks. Question is who would be willing to wait that long to hire him? Have to figure USC, Texas and LSU all would want to talk to him. I've read LSU is set on trying to bring Jimbo back, but will he leave FSU?

Should be a very entertaining December.

I think Jimbo would be nuts to leave FSU. He has things rolling there, and has proven its a straight shot to the playoffs from there. The road is much tougher from LSU. And FSU will pay with the best in the nation.

I think Jimbo would be nuts to leave FSU. He has things rolling there, and has proven its a straight shot to the playoffs from there. The road is much tougher from LSU. And FSU will pay with the best in the nation.
supposedly he doesn't get along with the FSU administration.

I agree, but stranger things have happened. I'm not sure what kind of fallout, if any, there will be from the sexual assault "documentary" CNN is airing this weekend which prominently features FSU, but maybe he gets out of town before any trouble starts a la Urban Meyer

:confused2:

supposedly he doesn't get along with the FSU administration.

Lol I guess he is still mad they made him suspend Jameis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back