The 2015-16 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like Kirby is officially coming home. Welcome back to Bulldog Nation! Verdict still out for the hire but I'm all in. Go Dawgs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish him the best. Happy that he got such a high profile job after being patient for so long.

He better win the SEC East in first 3 years. 10 win seasons obviously aren't good enough.

He better win the SEC East in first 3 years. 10 win seasons obviously aren't good enough.

Talked about that at work today... What type of expectation can you honestly have? I don't think it is the record as much as taking advantage of the division you are in. What got the previous HC fired wasn't the lack of a Championship IMO. It was the fact that the other players in the sandbox were weak and you managed to not steamroll them

So Heather Dinich is convinced a two loss Stanford team gets in if there are any upsets.

Thoughts ?

Edit: if they beat USC obviously .

No way... a 1 loss iowa team would deserve it more than stanford...and there are others who deserve it also... Stanford is done

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Talked about that at work today... What type of expectation can you honestly have? I don't think it is the record as much as taking advantage of the division you are in. What got the previous HC fired wasn't the lack of a Championship IMO. It was the fact that the other players in the sandbox were weak and you managed to not steamroll them

Precedent has been set now. If he doesn't reach title game then he's no better than what UGA let go. Great debate on a GT website I frequent that Richt is the best coach ever to be fired anywhere. We'll see what Smart can do. Interesting that they are hiring defense minded coach when offense was the clear problem this year. Wonder who he gets for OC. Hearing anything?

I believe Smart will be a great hire for GA.

Precedent has been set now. If he doesn't reach title game then he's no better than what UGA let go. Great debate on a GT website I frequent that Richt is the best coach ever to be fired anywhere. We'll see what Smart can do. Interesting that they are hiring defense minded coach when offense was the clear problem this year. Wonder who he gets for OC. Hearing anything?

I'm hearing either Helton from Western Kentucky, Bama's QB coach, or one of TCU's OCs. Bigger issue might be internally with the DC. I hate to let Pruitt go but I feel he is going to be taking Kirby's job. I dislike Muschamp a lot but that seems to be Kirby's choice

I'm hearing either Helton from Western Kentucky, Bama's QB coach, or one of TCU's OCs. Bigger issue might be internally with the DC. I hate to let Pruitt go but I feel he is going to be taking Kirby's job. I dislike Muschamp a lot but that seems to be Kirby's choice

Will be interesting to see if he hires an OC with spread or pro mindset.

Entertaining article floating around today regarding this. From GA's most decorated high school http://bit.ly/1HE0t4a

My brother in law is the Chaplin for that Colquitt County team! They had a nice win this past week.

A move to a spread offense could cause some personnel challenges in the short term. Recruiting forever has been for pro style offense. Spread would also move UGA away from Running Back U moniker. WR will become focus.

That may well be true, he caught a lot of flack from sportswriters and fans but he was a bit unlucky with timing and circumstances a few different times. I did not want to see him go but I think most who know me knew that anyway.

Looks like we will swap defensive coordinators with Bama. Smart to HC at UGA and Pruitt to DC at Bama.

No way... a 1 loss iowa team would deserve it more than stanford...and there are others who deserve it also... Stanford is done

You forget too, its about WHEN you lose. If Iowa loses this weekend they're done no matter what other chaos ensues. Stanford def has an outside chance.

You forget too, its about WHEN you lose. If Iowa loses this weekend they're done no matter what other chaos ensues. Stanford def has an outside chance.
We can agree on what WILL happen, but it doesn't make it right... if Iowa loses I believe they should be done... but stanford's hopes should have ended with oregon

I'm a Cal alum. I hate Stanfurd. I think they are more deserving than a 1 loss Iowa team. They'd be a conference champion, played a much better schedule, and their 2 losses would be to teams with a combined record of 19-5. That said, I hope SC kicks their ass this weekend and it becomes a moot point.

Last edited:
I'm a Cal alum. I hate Stanfurd. In think they are more deserving than a 1 loss Iowa team. They'd be a conference champion, played a much better schedule, and their 2 losses would be to teams with a combined record of 19-5. That said, I hope SC kicks their ass this weekend and it becomes a moot point.
I guess my problem with stanford is the fact that they were stymied by Northwestern who iowa routed... I get wanting to include conference champs, but the pac12 had a down year... Florida has 2 losses and could win a P5 conference title... do they deserve a shot?

I guess my problem with stanford is the fact that they were stymied by Northwestern who iowa routed... I get wanting to include conference champs, but the pac12 had a down year... Florida has 2 losses and could win a P5 conference title... do they deserve a shot?

They won't win a conference title.

They won't win a conference title.

They could .

Henry goes down Bama is donezo. That's the definition of a one pony show.

They could .

But, the "eye test," and such...

Henry is a beast. And Bama has a stout front seven. But they aren't the 2001 Miami Hurricanes. No one is close to that this year.

It would certainly be weird if Clemson and Iowa both lose this weekend and there are no undefeated teams. But it's definitely possible.

They could .

Bama would beat UF with me at RB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back