The 2015-16 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I'm definitely not complaining, it's a fun ride.
My brother in law and I debate this all the time. He's a UGA fan, and says he'd rather be consistent. They never compete for a championship, haven't won the sec in 10 years, but win between 8-11 games virtually every season.

I'd take the spurts of greatness mixed with some terrible seasons.

JaxGolfer and I talked about this in Valdosta. I told him UGA is like the Braves, Auburn is like the Marlins. Braves are normally always really good, just not good enough. Auburn will be terrible a few years, but when they're good, they're really good.

Lemme guess, he wasn't the kid who called into the Pawl Talkoutmuhbaum Show a few weeks ago?

Bridesmaid but never a Bride would be too much. Of course this year could be huge for Athens.

I feel we have been shafted a time or 2 for a shot but I hold on to hope that we will win it all again in my lifetime. Of course with AU I think that they were better than at least 1 of the teams in the NC game and should have been included but, like us, that is how it falls. I also contend that their spurts of greatness are no better than ours excepting the one NC.

I feel we have been shafted a time or 2 for a shot but I hold on to hope that we will win it all again in my lifetime. Of course with AU I think that they were better than at least 1 of the teams in the NC game and should have been included but, like us, that is how it falls. I also contend that their spurts of greatness are no better than ours excepting the one NC.

Curious which years you think you should have been put in the game? 2002?

Lemme guess, he wasn't the kid who called into the Pawl Talkoutmuhbaum Show a few weeks ago?

Bridesmaid but never a Bride would be too much. Of course this year could be huge for Athens.

Haha, I wouldn't know, don't listen to that garbage.

So proud to see the national media writing articles about my Jayhawks playing against Rutgers this weekend. The game is apparently a mockery.
Can't believe ... no wait, I can ... that Kansas has dropped 30 road games in a row.

Can't believe ... no wait, I can ... that Kansas has dropped 30 road games in a row.

This is the last game on their schedule that they won't be HUGE underdogs to. They have got to win this one. I'm not sure what is the biggest question
1) How the heck did mangino get this school to go 12-1
2) How the heck do you fire Mangino
3) How does the program fall this far after Mangino.

Curious which years you think you should have been put in the game? 2002?

2002 & 2007, in 07 we were #4 in the nation and 2 teams above lost in the last week. Herbie immediately began his campaign that because we were not SEC champs we did not deserve to be in the game. But he has a year or 2 previously campaigned for a tSOU/Michigan rematch although Michigan obviously was not the B10 champ. Then a couple of years later Bama got to play (and win) a NC although they were not the SEC champs. As a Dawg fan that stings even though we crapped the bed earlier in the year, we were still playing great at the end of the year and had moved up to #4 to set this scenario into motion.

This is the last game on their schedule that they won't be HUGE underdogs to. They have got to win this one. I'm not sure what is the biggest question
1) How the heck did mangino get this school to go 12-1
2) How the heck do you fire Mangino
3) How does the program fall this far after Mangino.
Wanna ruin your program? Put Turner Gill in charge of it. As far as Mangino, have you ever wondered why a coach who won an Orange Bowl at Kansas hasn't had another head coaching job?

Wanna ruin your program? Put Turner Gill in charge of it. As far as Mangino, have you ever wondered why a coach who won an Orange Bowl at Kansas hasn't had another head coaching job?
Yeah, turns out Mangino was a Class A Douche. Between him and Mike Leech, OU's first pair of O-Coordinators under Stoops turned out to be stellar people persons.

On a side note ... Twitter is having a field day with Lane Kiffin today.

2002 & 2007, in 07 we were #4 in the nation and 2 teams above lost in the last week. Herbie immediately began his campaign that because we were not SEC champs we did not deserve to be in the game. But he has a year or 2 previously campaigned for a tSOU/Michigan rematch although Michigan obviously was not the B10 champ. Then a couple of years later Bama got to play (and win) a NC although they were not the SEC champs. As a Dawg fan that stings even though we crapped the bed earlier in the year, we were still playing great at the end of the year and had moved up to #4 to set this scenario into motion.

I had forgotten about that, but remember now.

I was against Michigan playing in 05, against Bama playing in 2011, and was against UGA playing in 07, but ya'll were playing some good football at that point.

Haha, so many wanted Turner Gill for Auburn when we hired Chizik. Barkley was might pissed we did not. Man did we dodge a bullet with that one.

And I just assumed no other programs could find a shirt to fit him.

There are some crazy arse rumors out on the internet about Lane Kiffin. Fired/resigned??? Slept with a boosters wife/Saban's daughter??? Has a MASSIVE drinking problem??? Maybe just leaving to be Illinois' HC??? Somethin's going on down in Tuscaloosa...

And the page is taken down apparently
Cliffs note version: A young blond woman with every visible attribute found desirable by the less evolved man, and probably most of the evolved men too.

I had forgotten about that, but remember now.

I was against Michigan playing in 05, against Bama playing in 2011, and was against UGA playing in 07, but ya'll were playing some good football at that point.

Haha, so many wanted Turner Gill for Auburn when we hired Chizik. Barkley was might pissed we did not. Man did we dodge a bullet with that one.

And I just assumed no other programs could find a shirt to fit him.

I wanted Turner Gill. So glad that didn't happen.

Cliffs note version: A young blond woman with every visible attribute found desirable by the less evolved man, and probably most of the evolved men too.

tumblr_m1pm0z436T1rrgs3xo1_400.gif

Very good synopsis. I saw the page right before it disappeared.

So I don't get it......why would Saban fire him for having side action?

So I don't get it......why would Saban fire him for having side action?
Probably a good time to reiterate that its all internet rumors at this point.

Umass game tomorrow. Total trap game against the hardest opponent on nd's schedule. I just hope we can have a week without a season ending injury and get the backups some time.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Bobcats take on the Golden Gophers this week. Could be another big game for the MAC as the bobcats have looked pretty good in their first 3 games.

Umass game tomorrow. Total trap game against the hardest opponent on nd's schedule. I just hope we can have a week without a season ending injury and get the backups some time.

I like the tongue in cheek tone here.

I really struggled picking that game in my pickem league. In the end I picked ND to pull off the upset. I know how tough UMass is but I think the Irish can surprise them.

I really struggled picking that game in my pickem league. In the end I picked ND to pull off the upset. I know how tough UMass is but I think the Irish can surprise them.
Really? Even with the backup QB?

Risky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back