The 2015 Grandaddy - Chance Of A Lifetime

With all this Team Redemption talk about what shoes to wear, how many Xanax to take, ideal singles matchups based on handicap/college major/favorite Hot Wheels toy/etc, I canvassed the ZooCrew to find out what Grandaddy concerns we have here in Carlsbad.

Here you go --

AJ - “Does this bus have a bathroom?"
Scotty - Jodeci lyrics…has all of the Forever My Lady LP dialed, still rusty on Diary of a Mad Band
Velardo - how many hours before the event should he tell his wife that he’s going on a trip and he’ll be gone for 3 days?
Johnny - Tito’s distribution shortage in Palm Desert
Rhi - heard that the Hideaway switched from Original to Tropical mini-Skittles bags. Very concerned.
Chad - desert air/background/lighting throws off his “majestic setting” selfie game
D-Nevs – "Will I need to stow all my training gimmicks in the overhead compartment of the bus or can I fit them underneath the seat in front of me?"
Ethan - bus ride snack selection; sweet/salty regression analysis not yet yielding optimal combination
Neubarth - which emmy he should talk up with whichever Hidaway member he plays with? Is the Olympics one too strong of a come-on?
pete – still undecided on the true meaning of “photo bombing"
Harry – weather…if it’s too sunny, wearing a sweater just isn’t possible
Finley - going hoarse from sh!ttalking.

Lollllll at Velardo's. So true.

Meh, I don't need a bulletin board for the greatest amateur golf event anywhere.

One day closer.

#TheGrandaddy

Our team name should be enough bulletin board material

we are all wired differently. I agree this is the best event going, but proving doubters wrong will be fun.

we are all wired differently. I agree this is the best event going, but proving doubters wrong will be fun.

I'm with you there. It'll be fun to prove everyone wrong. I'm just struggling with what month I want to have the belt. March for my birthday? July so I can wear it to Firestone for the WGC event? Ugh so many options

I'm with you there. It'll be fun to prove everyone wrong. I'm just struggling with what month I want to have the belt. March for my birthday? July so I can wear it to Firestone for the WGC event? Ugh so many options

I've already been researching how to make a jello mold out of it :)

In the end, everyone is supporting the event (even if they've lost their marbles) , and that is effin awesome. In my heart of hearts I want this one to live on for more and more to experience, more than just about anything.

But of course I want the belt desperately. I've said that from day 1.

Excited for this to all unfold and for everyone to follow along. Ready to have golf 99% of courses ruined for me forever, ready for 14 clubs fit for me, ready for swag, ready to hang out with awesome people, ready to golf my ball.

#TheGrandaddyofemAll is almost here. One and a half weeks. Amazing.

Honestly I can't blame anyone for expecting Harry and his Merry Crew to walk away with victory. They have some advantages that we don't have and they have had the belt for 2 years now. It's just going to make it more stunning and disappointing to them and their faithful when the final putt drops and the belt comes home with THP.

Truth about the fairways. A couple times I just sat down in the fairway and petted the grass.

I'll always love this photo. Shortly after taking it I hit what is my most memorable golf shot ever. The Hideaway does that, forces it's way into your long term memory.

Yeah I remember that shot, you little **** head.

Honestly I can't blame anyone for expecting Harry and his Merry Crew to walk away with victory. They have some advantages that we don't have and they have had the belt for 2 years now. It's just going to make it more stunning and disappointing to them and their faithful when the final putt drops and the belt comes home with THP.

But we've got a hulk A player!

Our team name should be enough bulletin board material

It's only Bulletin board material if you allow it to be. What will be, will be. You guys head to SoCal for the Grandaddy of them all! Have a freaking blast, eat some food, have some laughs and play som amazing golf. The only people that you need to worry about are those standing along side you and yourselves. This group of 12 will move, play, lose and win as one unit. You guys have each other's back and it will show long after this event is complete.

Bulletins Board material that never gets clipped never makes the board. You guys full that board with the best golf weeks of your lives. Trust me, that board will last a life time!

32 degrees this morning on the range. Should be just a tad bit warmer in 11 days or so. Can not wait!

I think the rough Is thick but not that bad.
I just remember the tree that your ball was "in" lol

Oh you mean this one? Play it where it lies! LOL. Grass even grows in between the trees at the hideaway!

20141209_103720.jpg

Cant stop thinking about this event. Cant stop talking about this event. Were almost there fellas. I hope everyones as excited as i am because we will never experience anything like this in our golf lives again

Cant stop thinking about this event. Cant stop talking about this event. Were almost there fellas. I hope everyones as excited as i am because we will never experience anything like this in our golf lives again

Dude I've been looking at all kinds of stuff online. I'm truly excited for this event and making sure at the end we've done our job so others can experience it.

Seriously i cant believe a place like this exists
area-1_1800_1137_65_rmimgwatermark.png_0_0_20_r_b_-10_-10.jpg

Just wait until you see it in person. It is jaw dropping. Only way to describe it

I went for a haircut yesterday night, I was the only customer there, but I saw a hideaway hat hanging on the coat rack, it made me think about all of you guys, I will but stuck to my screen following this event live

The 2015 Grandaddy - Chance Of A Lifetime

Oh you mean this one? Play it where it lies! LOL. Grass even grows in between the trees at the hideaway!

20141209_103720.jpg

I can't believe Johnny made me play it from there... Lol

He didn't.
We all had a good laugh though!

And later that hole a bra full of beers showed up!

Yeah I remember that shot, you little **** head.

Best get used to that feeling, something tells me that Team Redemption will be dropping lots of bombs just like that one!

Nothing to see here, just the latest installment of the Grandaddy swag delivery. Move along, folks.
6f4439fd222dca95bb68283876ab99a7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Open that box!

I bet those would make a good fort for Velardo.

Back