The 2015 Grandaddy - Chance Of A Lifetime

I only hope the time difference doesn't prevent me from getting involved in more conversations as this is something I really want a chance to experience

And I will be on the course tomorrow morning to continue my work in case that call comes, but I feel like my game is very close to taking the next big step with 3 out of the last 4 rounds being played to my handicap (and 2 of those scores were on courses I had never played before)

Would be great to start dropping my handicap but maybe I need to keep it where it is and know that I can shoot my handicap in an even more competitive setting like against the #ZooCrew:D

I know what you mean about the time difference Doc. I always seam to be in the future haha. I try my hardest to keep up and get involved, because #TheGrandaddy would be an absolute dream of a trip.

Haven't been on much due to a absolutely crazy workload, but I've caught up with this thread.
I have to say with #TheGauntlet teams set, everyone prepping, with the goal of being MVP, the excitement is absolutely awesome!

I've gone through some of my pictures recently, and a smile comes across my face.
The impact this event has on you is real, and powerful, this event will affect you long after you return home.

Best of luck to MVP hopefuls, best of luck to #TeamRedemption hopefuls!

As you know clubs don't make the golfer, but they sure do help. My favorite saying by Alexander the Great " I'm more scared of group of sheep led by a lion then a group of lion led by a sheep." I feel like this quote speaks more about the battle between the captains and what real strength show in a leader. I've never meet Jman but what I've heard he will lead his army of sheep to California and come back victorious and I would love to be one of those sheep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd be damn proud if you get a chance at this buddy. But you cant get a chance if you don't enter.

Last edited:
I'd be damn proud if you get a chance at this buddy. But you get get a chance if you don't enter.
I'm freaking out that with my type of work I'm with out internet for days at a time. With that,,,,, that I will miss the entry time window.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I know what you mean about the time difference Doc. I always seam to be in the future haha. I try my hardest to keep up and get involved, because #TheGrandaddy would be an absolute dream of a trip.

Yeah, it feels a bit awkward at times, I know I have read through threads and thought about a reply to a question, only to see it half a dozen posts later during what would be the middle of the night for me

The fact that JB posted earlier saying not to worry, and also having seen international representation in the previous Morgan Cup events shows that us foreigners are not forgotten about and it is something I truly appreciate as I have seen other forums (not golf) where people are not welcomed or included in things because they don't live in the same area/country

I can't wait for the competitions to begin and will be keeping my fingers crossed that I don't get my time difference calculations wrong.....haha :alien:

I love the fact that you guys/ladies from across the pond are so active here. Shows its truly an international community.

I would love to see someone from over there get into the event.

I can imagine how sometimes you feel you are posting to any empty room with the time difference.

As for the time calculations. Maybe add a east coast city such a NY or Washington DC to your phone clock to take all the math out of it.

But do to busy lives even those of us in the US sometimes don't see a topic until days later.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

I will be paying close attention to the contests. Would love to join Jman and Neb out in CA to bring home the Grandaddy belt for THP.

Nobody made the #StraightOuttaTheBasement meme yet for this event??
Hope to be part of the team that takes the belt, all the glory and the spoils of victory

Last edited:
not saying that I am over the top trying to game my game in shape if I am chosen.....but.....my son, six4three5 had his stag party on Saturday night at the driving range where he works part time.....party in under the tent started at 7 pm.....I could not resist..... for a hour and a half I was hitting balls on the range until the sun went down before I joined in on the festivities.....by the way, great party too...lol:golf:

I love the fact that you guys/ladies from across the pond are so active here. Shows its truly an international community.

I would love to see someone from over there get into the event.

I can imagine how sometimes you feel you are posting to any empty room with the time difference.

As for the time calculations. Maybe add a east coast city such a NY or Washington DC to your phone clock to take all the math out of it.

But do to busy lives even those of us in the US sometimes don't see a topic until days later.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

To be honest, I am usually not too bad as we made some friends when we were in Jamaica who Jen keeps in touch with so I tend to work on a 6 hour time difference back to you guys :D

Last thing she wants to do is message them when we get up here and it is only 3am over there......

I think it'd be a good one especially afterwe are able to grab faces from those that are chosen to participate.

Nobody made the #StraightOuttaTheBasement meme yet for this event??
Hope to be part of the team that takes the belt, all the glorying the spoils of victory

Way back when, Jman and Hawk's reviews of the Rocketbladez were the driving force behind me joining THP. I'd have no problem paying Jman back for the friends I've gotten from this forum by helping him beat the ZooCrew at The Granddaddy.
That is also what led me to this forum. I was fortunate to get chosen for the Kansas City Invitational and met quite a few fine THPers. Getting selected for this event would be awesome.

I have no doubt that I could contribute in this event and I'm still throwing my name in the hat for a chance to do so. I'm not a power player these days but I do give it my all.

I have no doubt that I could contribute in this event and I'm still throwing my name in the hat for a chance to do so. I'm not a power player these days but I do give it my all.

I have no doubt that captain James would be proud if each and every member put it all out there, worked their tales off and gave it their best shot!

Watching the previous two from the sidelines should have us all chomping at the bit to jump on this event, Callaway and THP have done it top notch each year!! And they only keep getting bigger and better with it.

Just do it! :)

not saying that I am over the top trying to game my game in shape if I am chosen.....but.....my son, six4three5 had his stag party on Saturday night at the driving range where he works part time.....party in under the tent started at 7 pm.....I could not resist..... for a hour and a half I was hitting balls on the range until the sun went down before I joined in on the festivities.....by the way, great party too...lol:golf:

What! No invite? I see how I rank. Lol

Love seeing the excitement for the Grandaddy. Absolutely love it.

It's all well-deserved. An unreal setting filled with some of the best people you'll ever meet (both Callaway and THP).

I will not be submitting an entry for the Grandaddy. I've seen an amateur golfer's pinnacle, and I want as many people as possible to experience it as well. Unless, of course, it's someone else from the first two Grandaddy events. I'd take anyone from either team any day if I'm James. The hunger for redemption will be there in full force.

Can't wait to see the contests that unfold and follow along, and can't wait to congratulate another MVP to join James and Ryan.

I have a feeling that this thread is going to get really awesome really quickly.

847162e28bad6ded7517d8ef7cdf6bb7.jpg

A few minutes ago, someone just asked me about my lock screen on my phone...

And he just picked up his jaw from the floor...

Talking about this event never gets old with me, I love the event and everything about it!

Definitely high on the list of events since I've joined THP. The stories from those who have gone before are hard to imagine, but we all know they are true if you've followed along. The last thing to do is now try and experience it and make stories of my own. Let the cards fall where they may but I'm going all out for #TheGrandaddyOfThemAll

Something I've noticed from all THP events, whether an informal get together, Legacy, or The Grandaddy: the stories and jokes live on for long after. I'm still seeing references to things I read about from last year's Grandaddy and jabs at each other from the Savannah Invitational. The perks and swag from these events are great, but seeing the camaraderie is what golf, and online forums, are really all about. I really don't do too much competitive golf anymore, but do still love to play with old friends and have made several new ones this summer just through being introduced on course. That's much more important to me than hitting a great drive (although that is darn rewarding). I do love to win when I do start grinding, though

I've met some great folks online, especially through a football forum I've been a member of for years. These are people whom I call some of my best friends, even though we've only met 2 or 3 times in person. I see a lot of that on this forum, too.

Give 'em hell!

Something I've noticed from all THP events, whether an informal get together, Legacy, or The Grandaddy: the stories and jokes live on for long after. I'm still seeing references to things I read about from last year's Grandaddy and jabs at each other from the Savannah Invitational. The perks and swag from these events are great, but seeing the camaraderie is what golf, and online forums, are really all about. I really don't do too much competitive golf anymore, but do still love to play with old friends and have made several new ones this summer just through being introduced on course. That's much more important to me than hitting a great drive (although that is darn rewarding). I do love to win when I do start grinding, though

I've met some great folks online, especially through a football forum I've been a member of for years. These are people whom I call some of my best friends, even though we've only met 2 or 3 times in person. I see a lot of that on this forum, too.

Give 'em hell!

If you get in, can I have your clubs and swag then? :D

Best part about #TheGrandaddy, I mean, besides being the GREATEST amateur golf event EVER, IMO.

Its not the experience or the swag. Its not either of those or the gear.

ITS EFFING ALL OF IT!

So, I cordially say the heck with the talk of being OK without one of those things. Its the whole shebang, and #TheGrandaddy is approaching.

Oh HELL yes.

Best part about #TheGrandaddy, I mean, besides being the GREATEST amateur golf event EVER, IMO.

Its not the experience or the swag. Its not either of those or the gear.

ITS EFFING ALL OF IT!

So, I cordially say the heck with the talk of being OK without one of those things. Its the whole shebang, and #TheGrandaddy is approaching.

Oh HELL yes.

Go get em' cap!!

Back