The 2015 Grandaddy Live Update Thread - The Golf Trip Of A Lifetime

I liked the ball we were playing. Compared to the chrome soft it felt a little better off the tee and with fairway woods. Maybe a little less spin greenside (could have been the speed of the greens). But I did like the ball, a lot. Reminded me of a few top choices on the market

At one point the caddy told me "people usually can't stop the ball on chips going with the grain like that" so it could have been that.

Overall I really liked the ball we were playing. Good off the tee.

Great on approach shots, usually if I hit the green I was within inches of the ball mark.

This was off an 8 iron.
4d8b519ef3ba3000e52c69fe087a73e9.jpg

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

At one point the caddy told me "people usually can't stop the ball on chips going with the grain like that" so it could have been that.

Overall I really liked the ball we were playing. Good off the tee.

Great on approach shots, usually if I hit the green I was within inches of the ball mark.

This was off an 8 iron.
4d8b519ef3ba3000e52c69fe087a73e9.jpg

I loved the action on approach shots. I hit a good 5 iron on a par 3 and the ball was an inch from the divot. I just meant on chip shots it seemed I got more roll out than I was used to. Even for fast greens

I loved the action on approach shots. I hit a good 5 iron on a par 3 and the ball was an inch from the divot. I just meant on chip shots it seemed I got more roll out than I was used to. Even for fast greens

Ya I think that may be a chipping with the grain factor.

One for the road boys! Miss you guys and Morgan!

924b9929ee83ca9ed0473f1785966efd.jpg

Same here brother, today's round with friends was good but not anywhere near #TheGrandaddy good! Miss this crew big time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Questions for this years team...

How much time did you spend on the practice green pre round?
Last year, as the day went on the greens sped up considerably, did they do that this year?

I spent about 15 minutes each day on the practice green. I didn't notice considerable speed up as the day went on.

Dark green into the grain, shiny lite green down grain? Caddies direct you to the cup to see which way it was going?

The caddie we had the 2nd day was all around incredible, including reading greens. He knew against grain, into grain, and all the subtle little breaks that were pretty tough for me to see. And I consider myself a good reader of greens.

Any thoughts regarding the ball you were playing? Any differences that you noticed when comparing to the ball that you typically play?

The ball was very good off the tee, long irons, short irons and wedges. I hit a few 7 and 8 irons into greens that just stopped a foot from their mark. With the MD3 wedges I was stopping getting pretty good stopping action around the greens too. A few times the member commented he thought the ball was going of the green and it just stopped.

Questions for this years team...

How much time did you spend on the practice green pre round?
Last year, as the day went on the greens sped up considerably, did they do that this year?
Spent about 20 minutes on day one and felt I had the pace pretty good, but got to the course and had the touch of an elephant, didn't get any time on it on day two but feel I calmed down a little and had better control.

Oh yes, the post #TheGrandaddy depression is real! Not of golf as I'm more invigorated there than ever, but of people, what a week with a ton of fantastic people.

Oh yes, the post #TheGrandaddy depression is real! Not of golf as I'm more invigorated there than ever, but of people, what a week with a ton of fantastic people.
I can only imagine how bad the depression would be. It was awesome just to follow along so from being there I can't imagine the post event depression.
You and your team did a hell of a job keeping everyone informed

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Post event depression is real! But (and I know I don't have to tell you this) take a step back, remember how fortunate you are to have experienced it, recall the sights, smells, and people.
Go hit those weapons! Put on a hideaway shirt...

It all comes back, even after a year dude!
I have a feeling these feelings will never go away!

My shrine in my office:

d4e5acaf6dcb4a317f7c59f01828ba70.jpg

My wife surprised me with some framed pics, she's a keeper.

I had to wear it today

f7c03371a2e9e47496bc094843b35d98.jpg

Impact2-X3.jpg

Impact2-2-X3.jpg

I'd give just about anything to be there right now.

how cool is this?

Thanks for my two new desktop backgrounds, JB!

how cool is this?

Look Ma! I'm Famous!

Ya the one of the mountains is my desktop background at work. Almost too perfect to be real

I miss everyone and everything about this event

I miss seeing you scurry by us in the morning to hit the gym and make us all feel fat.
I kid I kid.

I should have taken more bathroom selfies haha
Let's be honest, the #Iwearcallaway clothes made us look good, but not Mike_G good.

I should have taken more bathroom selfies haha

Definitely! I guess we need to work on our selfie game, those guys killed it though!

I miss seeing you scurry by us in the morning to hit the gym and make us all feel fat.
I kid I kid.

Haha I guess this is where the nickname came from anyway... I had to do something to prevent me from gaining a bunch of weight. It wasn't like I was going to turn down sliders...

Back