The 2015 Grandaddy Live Update Thread - The Golf Trip Of A Lifetime

My recap posts are going to be really.. really.. really long I think unfortunately.

Well I'm with you. I just finished typing mine out. Must have been a 5,000 word limit

I'm typing mine out on my phone. It seems longer than it is.

Memories for a Lifetime

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

OK #TeamRedemption I have some questions for you guys...
1) Other than the amazing golf, teammates, competition and swag what was your favorite part of the Grandaddy?
2) What was something you learned from the Callaway people that you didn't know before (could be from your fitter, the zoo crew, the R&D people)?

Thanks for your thoughts!

1.) this may sound different than expected, but other than what you mentioned, my favorite part is leaving the event with a set of clubs I LOVE. I'm an equipment junkie. I'm never satisfied with my bag. Until now. I love it and wouldn't change a thing.

2.) I learned how important proper lie is for your irons. Seriously if you are contemplating new irons, get that tested for you. It makes a HUGE difference.

Oh and they actually have a machine that has a golf bag attached to it and they test clubs for bag chatter

Going to start on my recap soon, as had some stuff to deal with once I got home. And the event blues are killing me right now. It isn't killing my desire to play but I really really want to play a round with some THPers.

1.) this may sound different than expected, but other than what you mentioned, my favorite part is leaving the event with a set of clubs I LOVE. I'm an equipment junkie. I'm never satisfied with my bag. Until now. I love it and wouldn't change a thing.

2.) I learned how important proper lie is for your irons. Seriously if you are contemplating new irons, get that tested for you. It makes a HUGE difference.

Oh and they actually have a machine that has a golf bag attached to it and they test clubs for bag chatter
Haha a bag chatter tester...that's hilarious. It makes total sense but would never think they would have that haha

Haha a bag chatter tester...that's hilarious. It makes total sense but would never think they would have that haha

It's literally a small machine with a carry bag on it and it just bounces up and down side to side. They test the finish on clubs and how well they hold up lol

It's literally a small machine with a carry bag on it and it just bounces up and down side to side. They test the finish on clubs and how well they hold up lol
So how do I get a job there and replace that machine? I will strap a bag on and walk/jump around all day to test bag chatter lol

1) Other than the amazing golf, teammates, competition and swag what was your favorite part of the Grandaddy?
2) What was something you learned from the Callaway people that you didn't know before (could be from your fitter, the zoo crew, the R&D people)?

Being treated like a millionaire for the whole trip. I'm not used to living the high life, but last week I experienced nothing but the best, and that was pretty awesome. Also, I'm assuming by teammates you mean all of the people, because if we're just excluding teammates I'd say the zoo crew because they are freaking awesome!

That heavier shafts actually help me increase club head speed, and why they color the rubber that goes into golf balls.

My recap posts are going to be really.. really.. really long I think unfortunately.

Well I'm with you. I just finished typing mine out. Must have been a 5,000 word limit

I'm typing mine out on my phone. It seems longer than it is.

Going to start on my recap soon, as had some stuff to deal with once I got home. And the event blues are killing me right now. It isn't killing my desire to play but I really really want to play a round with some THPers.
I look forward to reading every single word of them guys. The longer the better, don't leave a thing out :D

Just like Rob said ^^^, there is no such thing as too long! It was your trip and you can tell the story however you want!

I might be biased since I've posted a few novels on here :bashful:

1. Not missing a putt inside of 8'. Longer putts frustrated me, but I was automatic with the shorter putts

2. Callaway is run by some of the best golf minds in the business. Each ZooCrew member brings their own unique talents and they are one hell of a group. Class acts on and off the course.

How about the driver Thursday morning?? He pulls up. Says "Are you Mr Vedda?" I said yes. His response? "I am at your service". What?!?!? Only at #TheGrandaddy

I am so looking forward to reading all the recaps!

#1 This is a moment that I just think about and laugh. I think it sums up the experience and the event. It's one big week of fun. So for me its hanging with people who love golf and have fun playing the game.

#2 I need to think about that. Let me get back to you.

1.) My favorite part was sort of having an idea of what the event would be like. I knew what went down for the past 2 years and that this was billed to be the best one yet. I had been dreaming about this awesome event and all the possibility of what would happen for 3 months. Usually when you build something up that much in your head you are in for a letdown. Well, this whole thing far exceeded even my wildest daydreams. By a lot. It was that good! I thin that's my favorite thing. That and finding out 12 more guys will get to experience this next year.

2.) I learned a TON on the R&D tour. I won't be specific, but let me just say I was blown away by all the tech and research/testing that goes into a golf ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, and usually I keep my clubs in my trunk. Mine have been in my house since I got home. I've taking them out and looked at them each day. I've rolled the putter every night. I just love my clubs, and want to get out and hit them any chance I get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May sound cheesy but the memories made and he friends made. That's my favorite part. It was all mind blowing in its own way.

2) What was something you learned from the Callaway people that you didn't know before (could be from your fitter, the zoo crew, the R&D

How essential fitting is. I literally have dreaded the driver for 6 months and have had a terrible time even thinking about hitting it. I could not get the smile off my face after how well I hit my driver this past week.

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

Miss you guys
37b8acfc660549185d812efe2d2deb06.jpg

Recap thread going up in a few minutes.

Too casual or just perfect?

1608b1dcc1044e675b3a06bded74cf01.jpg
Im reading through this thread again for like the 100th time and this picture makes me laugh so hard every time. Damn i miss me some A player

So. Freaking. Awesome!

I finally got through this thread. What an incredible event to be a part of. Envy isn't a strong enough word for how I feel, but more importantly, I'm happy for all those involved. Everyone represented so well.

Props to TR, ZC, JB, GG, Hideaway, Callaway and anyone else who helped make this top notch event a huge success and who helped share it with all of us!!!

So glad the Granddaddy is returning cuz that means I have a chance. :D

Back