The 2018 Grandaddy Assistant Captain

If this is the official sign up, I throw my hat in... My legal pad is ready...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats alumni, should be very exciting for whoever gets chosen. Hope to join you there this year.

Would it be weird if I'm already practicing handstands?

Beards still look awesome upside down :)

This will be a fantastic opportunity for a Grandaddy alumni and role that will be invaluable for this year's team. I know when I was picked, I leaned heavily on a couple of Grandaddy alumni and it was incredibly helpful. An Assistant Captain who has been in the event will be a great resource for the team both in their preparation and then while there enjoying the event.

Great news for a previous participant; awesome!

Well, I'm not gonna lie, this is intriguing to say the least. The opportunity to go back, give insight to the players on the event, help in strategy, keep everyone in line (yea right) and give the people back home some insight with posts and pictures along the way. If I can't win my tag playing the game I love maybe I win one coaching the game I love! :D

This should be a lot of fun to watch unfold.

To go along with my boy Phil, none of us remotely deserve this once let alone twice, least of all me but I'm going to go ahead and clear early December just in case. Heck, I'll pay my own way.

Regardless, this is going to be huge for one of us...there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about the event, time spent with other alumni, great conversations, etc...

To go along with my boy Phil, none of us remotely deserve this once let alone twice, least of all me but I'm going to go ahead and clear early December just in case. Heck, I'll pay my own way.

Regardless, this is going to be huge for one of us...there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about the event, time spent with other alumni, great conversations, etc...

So true on so many levels

there he is! I was waiting for you to chime in

there he is! I was waiting for you to chime in

I had the "the bus left me and there's no time left for me to get a fitting" nightmare again last night...seriously. You know I'm all over this...

This is pretty cool. A pretty neat twist for a 2nd alumni to go back again and have a chance to contribute to this incredible event, but in a different way than done before. I know this event, personally, changed my life as a young buck and know what it can do. Best of luck to all putting in for this!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Sometimes I think I’m crazy for how much I still think about the Grandaddy. Then I read what other alumni have to say and realize that we have indeed had our lives changed. Heck, I’m just now coming to grips with changing clubs, I simply love the story behind the clubs I get to play.

Being able to be the guide for the next THP team would be incredible. It would fuel the fire that I carry to this day, as well as stoke the flames for a new group that will also carry it for a lifetime.

Can’t wait to see who the Captain is and who they select as their assistant. That will be a partnership of success whoever the cast!

WOW! This is cool. Way to think outside the "Green". The team captain needs someone to assist them. Who better to assist than someone who knows the "Course", aka "been there before". Help strategize and lead the team to victory.

Good luck guys. I cant wait to see who gets choosen

Very cool, just when you think Callaway has hit the Apex, they somehow come up with another way to make it even more Epic.

This is such a cool opportunity. Those days in Cali went by so fast that it was hard to soak everything in. Good luck gentleman!

This is an awesome opportunity for a lucky GD alum! I can think of some who definitely deserve this more than myself, but I'm still ready to give it a shot. Playing, gear, whatever or no, this is such a special trip for the participants. To be able to be there to help them prepare, provide insight and whatever else is asked of the asst. captain would be an amazing way to spend a week in December.

That is awesome know a few good gentlemen that would be good for the job.

My posts implied this but I want to make it clear- I am absolutely in for this.

What should I wear for my interview? Business casual? All Grandaddy gear? :D

This is such an awesome twist to the '18 Grandaddy. So many alums would be perfect for this role. Can't wait to see how this all shakes out.

Back