The 2018 Grandaddy Assistant Captain

Truth. But from making the experience that much better for the noobs....its a great addition to an already perfect experience.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

oh for sure. I really think that person can be a big asset to the team during the prep too. its just a really positive move for the event and whoever gets the honor will knock it out of the park for sure

I have always said I would love to go back in any capacity. In our year Wardy was there helping out by taking photos, checking in with the forum, etc.....Being able to help out in that capacity as well as with the forum AND helping the captain out sounds just as fun as participating. Besides I'm sure Finely doesn't want another blemish on his record :angel:

Just think......instead of golfing you can sit in the cart with Amanda and drink blueberry vodkas all day.

when this was announced last month i put together a list of past participants. BUT, i'm nervous to post it since i haven't been around thp as long as the grandaddy and i would hate to accidentally leave anybody out. was it 2013-2017? i count 51 participants from the list i created. is that accurate?

We dont do anything "for years to come". Always evolving. Some things work great and we keep them for a while, other things don't work as well, so we scrap it. Taking chances is what has made THP unique.

Thanks. I can't wait to see how this shakes out. You're right, taking chances is definitely one of the things that makes this place great.

when this was announced last month i put together a list of past participants. BUT, i'm nervous to post it since i haven't been around thp as long as the grandaddy and i would hate to accidentally leave anybody out. was it 2013-2017? i count 51 participants from the list i created. is that accurate?

Are you talking guys that are still around or total? Several are no longer around

I believe the first year was 10, then 11, 11, 12, 12 so thats 56? I could be wrong though

Are you talking guys that are still around or total? Several are no longer around

I believe the first year was 10, then 11, 11, 12, 12 so thats 56?

first year was 8 i think.

Not counting JB i think it goes 8, 9, 10, 12, 12

I honestly dont think it needs to be posted. There are just under 60 or so, and they know who they are : )
Most are still around, some aren't, life changes for people.

also remember TH was their twice

first year was 8 i think.

Not counting JB i think it goes 8, 9, 10, 12, 12

I think you are right and we were 9 not 11. My memory is terrible lol

This is fantastic and certainly good luck to all of those eligible. A lot of very worthy candidates are amongst the Grandaddy alumni group.

PhillyV this is right up your alley sir. Better clear the football coaching schedule. Hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

A number of alumni I know would be perfect fits for this position. Such a great add to the event!

I honestly dont think it needs to be posted. There are just under 60 or so, and they know who they are : )
Most are still around, some aren't, life changes for people.

copy that. excited to see who gets called on for this.

Exciting news! Going back to experience those 4 days is a fantastic opportunity.

So pumped for this announcement and every single freaking thing about the 2018 Grandaddy!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amazing opportunity here for one of us already lucky ones to go back in a new role. Tons of guys who would be great for this. Really think it will be a great addition to the event.

Such an amazing opportunity to share in this epic journey again. Even if it's from the forum or from this role, it just gets my freaking juices flowing

Love this twist and I think it’ll really help the 2018 team - looking forward to seeing who joins the journey this year, there is a very very good candidate pool (and I’m not that person).

I think you are selling yourself short, buddy. Though I could see the blueberry vodka lemonades getting you off track...

I think you are selling yourself short, buddy. Though I could see the blueberry vodka lemonades getting you off track...

Cookie is solid with the vodka :) and obviously everything else

LOL, I would enjoy it for sure (and those special Hideaway concoctions) but I know the time and effort that needs to be put into it and know it's not something I can do what it deserves. But the sweet thing is, there are some phenomenal dudes here who can and one of them WILL do it completely just.

Would it be weird if I'm already practicing handstands?

PhillyV this is right up your alley sir. Better clear the football coaching schedule. Hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If that were to be the case i would be thrilled. The event gets everything i have no matter if im involved or not lol its a bad habit of mine i guess

Love this and one that will let your #TheGrandaddy pride shine.

Would it be weird if I'm already practicing handstands?

But have you been doing them on the side of a bridge? We need full commitment here.

There are definitely a few guys that jump straight to the front of the line for this. I'll be interested in how a Assistant Captain is picked. Will it be a feat of strength, or a test of wits? Or a Malort drinking contest? The possibilities are endless.

Back