The 2018 Ryder Cup Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d have picked Wallace over Casey, but nonetheless, great pics Captain Bjorn. It’s a good side of experience and form. I’m confident, very confident.

#FiberLaunch

Safe, conservative, boring, uninteresting picks from Bjorn. Matt Wallace has won 4 times on tour in that last 12 months and didn't make the team. Stenson has been injured, Garcia has no form, Casey has won once this season. Poulter is Mr Europe Ryder Cup so was obvious.

Missed the cut at every major this year. Would be worried about his play on the big stage.

Not shocked by the picks simply due to the number of first timers on the Euros.

Yeah I’m kinda glad he didn’t make it, cause he’d probably be a wrecking machine out there.

Yeah Rafa and Wallace would probably be better than Casey and Poulter/Sergio, but those guys were on regardless.

I thought Rafa was a lock after the year he has put together! But like @mward said, probably better for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah Rafa and Wallace would probably be better than Casey and Poulter/Sergio, but those guys were on regardless.

Hoping it burns them, but when those three fellas put on the blue and yellow, they remember how to be top 5 in the world players.

I wanted an Eddie Pepperell/Ian Poulter team up.

Hoping it burns them, but when those three fellas put on the blue and yellow, they remember how to be top 5 in the world players.

Apart from the first bit, you’re right. Form means **** all when it comes to the Ryder Cup. I said yesterday, taking Sergio is a huge gamble, but I think it’s one worth taking.

#FiberLaunch

Not going to lie, I'm a little disappointed as a Europe fan.

Had to pick Bryson on current form. Mickelson though ????

Finau for last spot !!!

As for Europe ... Poulter, Stenson Casey yes ... Sergio ... Nope

Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk

Sergio will play well in the RC. I have almost no doubt about it.

Bring on the killer contest JB

Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk

Not a fan of the Phil pick for the USA or the Stenson pick for the Euros. Oh well, what do I know.

Sergio will play well in the RC. I have almost no doubt about it.

The Ryder Cup, especially in Europe, amazingly cures many ails some European have experienced in months before it. More specifically, guys who couldn't putt it into a bucket make seemingly every meaningful putt they face and begin to hit fairways and greens when they couldn't fall out of a boat and hit water.

The Ryder Cup, especially in Europe, amazingly cures many ails some European have experienced in months before it. More specifically, guys who couldn't putt it into a bucket make seemingly every meaningful putt they face and begin to hit fairways and greens when they couldn't fall out of a boat and hit water.

Yup, especially with his history and record in the RC. That event simply brings out the best in some guys. Everyone remembers the Rory-Reed match, but Phil vs. Sergio was actually way better golf. Those guys shot the absolute lights out in their singles match.

Any guesses on whom this "decorated American vet" is? My initial thought is that Shipnuck is referring someone who hasn't qualified on points this or any other go round. A second thought is that it might be Bubba who wasn't picked in 2016 even though he 9th in points.

Any guesses on whom this "decorated American vet" is? My initial thought is that Shipnuck is referring someone who hasn't qualified on points this or any other go round. A second thought is that it might be Bubba who wasn't picked in 2016 even though he 9th in points.

“Decorated” is an interesting clue. Bubba and ZJ are 2 time majors winners.

I don’t think ZJ really knows how to have beef with anyone, but I could be wrong?

I can't imagine that ZJ has beef with Phil. More likely Bubba

Doubt it's ZJ given that Mickelson has partnered with him in past team competitions. Also doubt it's Kuch because who has beef with Kuch?

I feel like the Ryder cup has turned into the all star game in baseball. The guys that should be there are not, it’s a popularity contest

Who do you think should have made it over Phil?

Who do you think should have made it over Phil?

I'm in the Xander/Finau camp to get some new blood in there and get some experience. I get it,... you need a veteran presence like Phil, its just that he hasn't been playing well this year and maybe a younger guy would help break the USA drought over there. Who knows maybe he will play fantastic.

I'm in the Xander/Finau camp to get some new blood in there and get some experience. I get it,... you need a veteran presence like Phil, its just that he hasn't been playing well this year and maybe a younger guy would help break the USA drought over there. Who knows maybe he will play fantastic.

To me if you pick Tiger, you have to pick Phil.
He has outplayed Xander recently and has a win this year.

I do believe Xander stacks up well against Finau however with 2 wins over the last 2 years to 0.

To me if you pick Tiger, you have to pick Phil.
He has outplayed Xander recently and has a win this year.

I do believe Xander stacks up well against Finau however with 2 wins over the last 2 years to 0.

Thats a fair point but I don't recall seeing Phil contend in any majors this year and in all except the Masters Tiger has outplayed Phil by a large margin. I agree about Xander but Finau has the hotter hand right now I think and sometimes you have to ride the hot hand.

i'm bummed that kis won't be in it. he's a great putter, and seems like a great teammate. i'd rather see him get in over xander. all in all, i like the picks.

Thats a fair point but I don't recall seeing Phil contend in any majors this year and in all except the Masters Tiger has outplayed Phil by a large margin. I agree about Xander but Finau has the hotter hand right now I think and sometimes you have to ride the hot hand.

Phil hasn't really contended in a major since he lost to Stenson a couple of years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back