The 2021-2022 College Hockey Thread

Hockey Day Minnesota was a fun watch when the Mavericks played in a nice snow fall. They did schedule a cupcake in St Thomas for it tho.

Reading about Sabres prospects and i know former Sabres first round pick Ryan Johnson plays at Minnesota . How has he looked @MattyD-MPLS and @Northerner . Sabres are in a rebuild and they seem to have a pretty good nucleus of young talent and i look forward to seeing him and Owen Power become part of the team.

Reading about Sabres prospects and i know former Sabres first round pick Ryan Johnson plays at Minnesota . How has he looked @MattyD-MPLS and @Northerner . Sabres are in a rebuild and they seem to have a pretty good nucleus of young talent and i look forward to seeing him and Owen Power become part of the team.
Sorry Elmave, I haven’t seen the Gophers play this year. I am a Minnesota State guy. If I see one of their games on the tv I will look out for him.

Same here. Unfortunately I have not been able to see many Gophs games this year. :( there is an alum of my HS on the team too so I have definitely wanted to watch more Gophers games but I generally have been watching SCSU games this year.

I did see Owen Power in the World Juniors and he's the real deal. Will be one of the top defenseman in the NHL in 5 years.

My Mavericks lose the leading scorer in the NCAA for a few weeks to the Olympics. Hopefully they can find scoring in other places.

My daughter just scored tickets to the Beanpot as a BU student. Color me jealous.

My daughter just scored tickets to the Beanpot as a BU student. Color me jealous.

That is awesome! Hope she has a good time!

Minnesota tried doing a version of the Beanpot but couldn't make it work! So mad

That is awesome! Hope she has a good time!

Minnesota tried doing a version of the Beanpot but couldn't make it work! So mad

Which tournament was that? The North Star college cup? Now that we have 6 D1 programs I would love to see something going like that again.

Which tournament was that? The North Star college cup? Now that we have 6 D1 programs I would love to see something going like that again.
Yeah. It was a ton of fun to be in attendance! Gopher fans were the main people for attendance but there were good showings by the other 3 schools playing.

Any of you Minnesota guys know if you can attend Gophers games at Mariucci without being vaccinated?

Hands down that was one of the best Beanpot finals I’ve ever seen.

The Gophers are now ranked 2, nationally. Losing their starting 'tender and putting in a 5'10" replacement actually was the boost they needed. Kid can make saves for sure. Frozen Four is right around the corner...I'll be rooting for my Huskies. In that tournament (single elimination), literally every team has a chance.

Would love some day down the road for the NCAA be 3-game series/tournament instead of single elimination. It would be miles better, IMO.

How have I missed this thread? I'm a Fighting Sioux fan as I attended UND for 2 years before transferring back to my home state of NJ (of course I went for aviation if anyone knows about UND outside of it's hockey fame). They were terrible when I was there but I became friends with a bunch of kids on the team. Hopefully they're return to glory one days.

How have I missed this thread? I'm a Fighting Sioux fan as I attended UND for 2 years before transferring back to my home state of NJ (of course I went for aviation if anyone knows about UND outside of it's hockey fame). They were terrible when I was there but I became friends with a bunch of kids on the team. Hopefully they're return to glory one days.

One of the legendary college programs. They've pulled a lot of great Canadian players through the years ( not to mention Minnesotans).

1648084175086.png

The tourney kicks off tomorrow!

Let’s go Mavs!

A friend of mine was talking about heading to Albany and Worcester for the regionals this weekend, but the plan never really got off the ground. Plus I have men's league playoffs. I think the next time they're in the rotation is 2026. It's the best combo since the sites are only a few hours and an easy drive apart.

I would love to see a game in this barn.

1E52AF18-6CA9-48C6-9DEB-A9D1B9342DF4.jpeg

A friend of mine was talking about heading to Albany and Worcester for the regionals this weekend, but the plan never really got off the ground. Plus I have men's league playoffs. I think the next time they're in the rotation is 2026. It's the best combo since the sites are only a few hours and an easy drive apart.

Games are here tomorrow. I’m not going this year but I have been in the past.

I was out for a walk at lunchtime. The arena is right near my office. The first game was going on (Minnesota St just defeated Harvard). Notre Dame and North Dakota play in the next game.

I was out for a walk at lunchtime. The arena is right near my office. The first game was going on (Minnesota St just defeated Harvard). Notre Dame and North Dakota play in the next game.
Darn right they did! It was a stressful ending of the game!

MN is 2 for 2 so far. Tough matchup for my Huskies tonight though and hopefully the Gophers can win too.

Good first day of the tourney and looks like day 2 is more of the same.

Back