The 2021 Mizuno Experience

I am about set as far as stuff. Working on my bag to see what to pull and what to take.. Is it ok to bring three putters? lol. Also, I saw something that is almost must get for @Canadan may give team @Vosh68 what could be considered.. the edge.. lol.

Meh, gotta clean out the cab of the truck. Probably do that tomorrow. Then I need to do some laundry. Probably tomorrow also. Then pretty much just pack and roll out.

Exciting times when official itinerary goes out.

And yes, for those wondering, we did book your villa stays for Thursday so that people can play Friday morning.

And yes, for those wondering, we did book your villa stays for Thursday so that people can play Friday morning.
wow, what a great thing that is! Thank you!!

Is anyone not planning on playing Friday?

Is anyone not planning on playing Friday?
Jeff and Chris will not be getting into the practice round action, but we set it up for the six of you guys. Hopefully everybody gets to take in both courses on Friday.

Jeff and Chris will not be getting into the practice round action, but we set it up for the six of you guys. Hopefully everybody gets to take in both courses on Friday.
Looking forward to it!

You all kick ass!

Story time...Sorry to bore you all, but this one means something to me.

Let me tell a story about why this event is one of the things that I put so much into and wanted to be perfect.

Rewind many years ago. This course reached out about hosting this new found event that I was putting on and was told it was impossible to make happen. Well, with the help of some great people, it did happen. It was called the Morgan Cup and at one point we had 5 companies and 40 THPers competing in what was never supposed to happen.

Screen Shot 2021-07-26 at 12.52.16 PM.png

A company eluded me for this event and that was Mizuno. They were represented by a PR firm that is no longer around and when asked about being a part of it, they said they didn't understand the concept. Well shortly thereafter they launched something (the PR company, not Mizuno) called Play Famously where regular golfers were given the tour player treatment. They had to change their verbiage in the ads due to copying our press release, but I held a grudge. Again not with Mizuno as much as the PR company that handled this.

Fast forward a couple of years and we got a chance to sit down with the team and I was able to tell this story. They had no idea and were never given the details, or this would have taken place. The Morgan Cup never returned to True Blue and Caledonia and after one final event there a few years ago, we moved on to other courses. Sharing the wealth of these amazing Experiences to other regions.

In talking with Mizuno I made mention that I brought back the Morgan Cup to other venues, but hadn't brought back an event to this area, and honestly missed it. This place has brought me smiles, anger, my greatest competition golf shot and even brought me to tears because what we accomplished was never supposed to be possible. We decided there was only one way to do it right. Bring the first ever Mizuno team event to True Blue and Caledonia and make it over the top special.

New clubs that NO other consumers in the world have yet. Learning about the equipment straight from the person that designs it (leads team). Playing these same two courses with so much history on THP with one of my best friends in golf leading one of the teams. Doing it unlike any other event we have done before. Full open round table of ask them anything. 45 holes of competitive golf and 36 in practice.

These events and this Experience mean more to me than you guys realize. Its not playing with a bunch of people from the forum and having a great time. Those are fine and fun and we encourage them. Our THP Experiences are about making the impossible happen and with our goal to up the ante every single year, we have done that here. Its about the strive for the perfect few days. Mizuno has afforded us the ability to make this absolutely perfect at every turn.

So when we are gathered on the first tee on Saturday morning and you go to put that tee in the ground for your first drive, stop for a small moment, take a quick look around and embrace what is taking place. This DOES NOT HAPPEN outside of a select few that are lucky enough to get in. It is the only golf website in the world doing this and we do not say this looking for an attaboy or a thanks (not necessary) we say it because its true.

Enjoy the ******* moment! Its Experiences like these that will change your golfing life forever. Good luck everybody. This is going to be one of the ages and I cannot wait to see you all Friday evening.

Let me tell a story about why this event is one of the things that I put so much into and wanted to be perfect.

Rewind many years ago. This course reached out about hosting this new found event that I was putting on and was told it was impossible to make happen. Well, with the help of some great people, it did happen. It was called the Morgan Cup and at one point we had 5 companies and 40 THPers competing in what was never supposed to happen.

View attachment 9018894

A company eluded me for this event and that was Mizuno. They were represented by a PR firm that is no longer around and when asked about being a part of it, they said they didn't understand the concept. Well shortly thereafter they launched something (the PR company, not Mizuno) called Play Famously where regular golfers were given the tour player treatment. They had to change their verbiage in the ads due to copying our press release, but I held a grudge. Again not with Mizuno as much as the PR company that handled this.

Fast forward a couple of years and we got a chance to sit down with the team and I was able to tell this story. They had no idea and were never given the details, or this would have taken place. The Morgan Cup never returned to True Blue and Caledonia and after one final event there a few years ago, we moved on to other courses. Sharing the wealth of these amazing Experiences to other regions.

In talking with Mizuno I made mention that I brought back the Morgan Cup to other venues, but hadn't brought back an event to this area, and honestly missed it. This place has brought me smiles, anger, my greatest competition golf shot and even brought me to tears because what we accomplished was never supposed to be possible. We decided there was only one way to do it right. Bring the first ever Mizuno team event to True Blue and Caledonia and make it over the top special.

New clubs that NO other consumers in the world have yet. Learning about the equipment straight from the person that designs it (leads team). Playing these same two courses with so much history on THP with one of my best friends in golf leading one of the teams. Doing it unlike any other event we have done before. Full open round table of ask them anything. 45 holes of competitive golf and 36 in practice.

These events and this Experience mean more to me than you guys realize. Its not playing with a bunch of people from the forum and having a great time. Those are fine and fun and we encourage them. Our THP Experiences are about making the impossible happen and with our goal to up the ante every single year, we have done that here. Its about the strive for the perfect few days. Mizuno has afforded us the ability to make this absolutely perfect at every turn.

So when we are gathered on the first tee on Saturday morning and you go to put that tee in the ground for your first drive, stop for a small moment, take a quick look around and embrace what is taking place. This DOES NOT HAPPEN outside of a select few that are lucky enough to get in. It is the only golf website in the world doing this and we do not say this looking for an attaboy or a thanks (not necessary) we say it because its true.

Enjoy the ******* moment! Its Experiences like these that will change your golfing life forever. Good luck everybody. This is going to be one of the ages and I cannot wait to see you all Friday evening.
That pumped me up and I'm not even in this one!
LFG!!!

View attachment 9018894

I wish I was able to sufficiently articulate how excited and lucky I feel to be attending this. I don't think the words exist.

View attachment 9018894

Truly awesome! Thanks for sharing the story behind this event. Makes it that much cooler knowing what happened here way back.

@JB that was such an awesome story. I had never done anything like Shaft Up #2 and it will be something I will never forget. Hopefully get the chance to do another one someday. I know you all will have a great time at the Mizuno Experience and remember every detail about it.

This forum and group truly is special!!!!

Great story @JB. Always great to hear the Truth. So glad I found this place. Will love following these experiences.

Last edited:
awesome stuff, @JB. the passion and the hard work always shine through. can't wait to follow along.

View attachment 9018894

You sure do know how to get people ******* Jack! Well said and couldn’t be any truer

awesome stuff, @JB. the passion and the hard work always shine through. can't wait to follow along.

We know there are tons of golf sites, youtube channels, social media, etc. We know that we do things differently and for some that means better, for others that doesn't mean much. One thing we will ALWAYS do is be transparent and honest.

Back