The 2021 MLB Thread

Called it before it happened. Reyes has been awful in that spot. 😕

These post game on field interviews are horrible

Heck of a game between 2 very solid teams. It’s a shame someone has to lose
All of us watching the game said the same thing when Reyes was put in - the game was over. He’s a head case that probably had the same confidence as us in his ability to get out one batter.

Called it before it happened. Reyes has been awful in that spot. 😕
He is so bad. We all said the same thing when. Reyes was put in.

Yep well that ends my baseball season. Can't, nor will I ever cheer for a California team, Houston : nope. Red Sox: Nope.
Brewers, Tampa Bay, Chicago, Atlanta = 🤷🏼‍♂️. See y'all in spring training 😆

Congrats @tequila4kapp

All of the Cardinals fans blaming Mike Shildt and Reyes need to wake up and realize this team went 0-11 with RISP.

The constant throughout the 17 game winning streak, is that they got that BIG hit when it mattered, and they failed to do it.

They pressured Scherzer on a night he didn't have his best, and only clawed across one run.

This game didn't come down to a pitch from Reyes, it came down to the inability for the team to drive in ANY runs aside from one that scored on a wild pitch.

I will be EXTREMELY interested to see what the Cardinals decide to do this offseason, they have lots of money coming off of the books in Martinez, Carpenter, Andrew Miller.

Congrats @tequila4kapp

All of the Cardinals fans blaming Mike Shildt and Reyes need to wake up and realize this team went 0-11 with RISP.

The constant throughout the 17 game winning streak, is that they got that BIG hit when it mattered, and they failed to do it.

They pressured Scherzer on a night he didn't have his best, and only clawed across one run.

This game didn't come down to a pitch from Reyes, it came down to the inability for the team to drive in ANY runs aside from one that scored on a wild pitch.

I will be EXTREMELY interested to see what the Cardinals decide to do this offseason, they have lots of money coming off of the books in Martinez, Carpenter, Andrew Miller.
That's true, old habits killed us last night. Bad managing, lack of timely hitting, and relying on a known risk in that spot to put it all on the line. I like Shildt but he was out foxed last night. Dave Roberts had no problem running pinch hitter one after the other to get something going. St Louis just didn't have the depth the Dodgers have. They have 8? I think 20 hr guys? St Louis has 3 30hr and a few <20hr guys, Arenado needs protection. I do think it was bad to play the b squad 5 days in row after clinching. You never walk away from a heater. Shildt did, or the front office told him to. It was a gamble and they lost.

That's true, old habits killed us last night. Bad managing, lack of timely hitting, and relying on a known risk in that spot to put it all on the line. I like Shildt but he was out foxed last night. Dave Roberts had no problem running pinch hitter one after the other to get something going. St Louis just didn't have the depth the Dodgers have. They have 8? I think 20 hr guys? St Louis has 3 30hr and a few <20hr guys, Arenado needs protection. I do think it was bad to play the b squad 5 days in row after clinching. You never walk away from a heater. Shildt did, or the front office told him to. It was a gamble and they lost.

Who else would you have rolled out there? Gallegos and Garcia, the two most consistent relievers, had already been used.

I don't hate the call, it is easy to call it a bad move after it happened. Frankly, I think Shildt managed a good game, and I am FAR from a Shildt-lover.

At the end of the day, they didn't hit. You cannot win a game with 1 run, hell they hit less than 5 balls hard the entire night. Bats fell asleep at the wrong time.

My Scarlet Hose have played miserably in Tropicana this year, but most of those games were with a covid-depleted lineup.

They'll need a different excuse this week. Maybe the "catwalks" will get in the way.

I don't know how they've got a baseball team in Tampa/St. Pete with the horrific attendance that they got as a first place team.
They now have a chance to hold the NFL, NHL, and MLB titles all at once.
I wouldn't bet on it, but the Astros will most likely be the team to knock them out, not us..

C'mon Sox, LFG!!!

Astros are making Lynn pay for some location mistakes. Bad at bat for Gurriel, but 3-0 after 3.

Nelson Cruz with a ground rule HR off one of the metal rings near the roof of the Trop. I’ve been to a handful of games at the Trop and have never seen a ground rule HR.

Efffff. Chris Sale forgot how to pitch in the last week. Will be lucky to get out of the 1st tonight...

Brew crew up 1-0 in a great pitchers duel.

Looks like the makings of a slugfest tonight in Tampa. 5 - 4 Rays and both teams already in their bullpens in the 3rd.

I’m more excited how the Astros won today compared to yesterday. They grinder put this win until they blew the doors off late. And thank god Tucker caught that ball bc that could have turned this game around to Chicago’s favor.
One more and the ALCS

Who else would you have rolled out there? Gallegos and Garcia, the two most consistent relievers, had already been used.
Probably anyone in this order:
Flaherty
Whitley
Cabrera
Hudson
Mikolas
Miller
Reyes
Kim
Screenshot_20211008-194921.jpg
Reyes lost 3 games in a row on walk of homeruns. The pressure of the playoffs in a tie game with the season on the line isn't a great time to figure out if he worked through his inner demons. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I don't hate the call, it is easy to call it a bad move after it happened. Frankly, I think Shildt managed a good game, and I am FAR from a Shildt-lover.
I and nearly anyone else who's been watching the entire second half saw that coming. I do like Shildt, he is just sometimes too soft with his guys. There's a reason why he wasn't in that role at all during the streak. I'm starting an obvious not arm-chair qb'ing Wainwright throwing the curve to Turner.

At the end of the day, they didn't hit. You cannot win a game with 1 run, hell they hit less than 5 balls hard the entire night. Bats fell asleep at the wrong time.
100% agree, they had opportunity after opportunity and squandered it. O'Neil didn't show up, nor did Arenado. We need another big bat to protect Arenado and it isn't an injured Yadi.

JD can't run but he can still swing the bat. 8 - 5 Sox!

Looks like the makings of a slugfest tonight in Tampa. 5 - 4 Rays and both teams already in their bullpens in the 3rd.

You were absolutely right about the slugfest .

Walk the leadoff hitter. Fall behind the #4 hitter 3-0 w/ 1B open then pipe a fastball down the middle. Yeah, great fricken plan. dumba**.

Sox pouring it on now. 11 - 6 after a 2-run shot by Devers. Would be quite happy going back to Fenway 1 - 1.

Too bad 6 of tonight's 14 didn't come last night. Frustrating yesterday, fun today. That's baseball.

Too bad 6 of tonight's 14 didn't come last night. Frustrating yesterday, fun today. That's baseball.

selfishly I want this to go 5 and wear down the pitchers for hopefully the Astros in the next round

selfishly I want this to go 5 and wear down the pitchers for hopefully the Astros in the next round

I certainly understand that. I was hoping the Rays would beaten the Yankees on the final day so there would have been a 163 before they or the Jays played the Sox in the Wild Card. I would not be surprised at all if this series went 5. Especially since I have no clue who the Sox will start in game 4 and if they will be even moderately effective.

enjoying this giants-dodgers game

Back