EXPERIENCE The 2022 Titleist Experience

Sitting in my office just thinking that in exactly 3 weeks from this post I will be in my car on my way down to Ballyhack. Can't wait to hang with such an awesome group of people. :titleist:💪

We have a lot of newcomers making their first THP Experience, so here are a few things to keep in mind.

1. Don't be a jerk. Just treat others as you would want to be treated.
2. Introduce yourself by forum name. Saying "Hi, Im Bill" won't work too well. Instead "LongBomber29".
3. Enjoy the surroundings and everything a THP Expereince has to offer.
4. THPers are generally really good people that embrace everybody.
5. #OutingApproved is real.
6. Competition is great, and fun, but make sure the company is even better.
7. Don't cheat. It has only come up a couple of times, but it never ends well.
8. Be honest about your abilities. Nobody will ever talk down to any skill level at a THP Event.
9. Obey the course rules to the best of your ability and that includes pace of play
10. Embrace the fun and the entire online community will change before your eyes.

Sitting in my office just thinking that in exactly 3 weeks from this post I will be in my car on my way down to Ballyhack. Can't wait to hang with such an awesome group of people. :titleist:💪
3 WEEKS!!!!!!

Excited? HELL yes!

JB mentioned we have some first-timers...who are all the rookies out there? From my one other experience, JB's list is pretty much perfect. Any other tips from the veterans?

Toughest thing to juggle for me last time was keeping the forum updated while keeping up pace of play. Definitely worth practicing and trading off responsibilities with your playing partners as well.

Also, be prepared for the post-event hangover. Everything goes way too fast and the trip home has a sort of "did that just really happen?" feel to it. Keep the pace of play up, but slow down everything else and take it all in...it'll be an experience you'll never forget! Can't wait to feel that high again in less than 3 weeks!

I'm not a rookie as I have been to 4 experiences before, but the last one was back in 2017 so a refresher is definitely good stuff! Can't wait!

Also, just listened to Off Course and the teaser about some interesting content has me buzzing...not to mention @Canadan and @jdtox talking about Dormie's amazingness and Dan talking about hitting new ball speed milestones with the TSR...which is something I can relate to :cool:

I'm not a rookie as I have been to 4 experiences before, but the last one was back in 2017 so a refresher is definitely good stuff! Can't wait!

Also, just listened to Off Course and the teaser about some interesting content has me buzzing...not to mention @Canadan and @jdtox talking about Dormie's amazingness and Dan talking about hitting new ball speed milestones with the TSR...which is something I can relate to :cool:
A LOT has changed in the way we planned our Experiences back then to what we are doing now.
You are in for a treat.

A LOT has changed in the way we planned our Experiences back then to what we are doing now.
You are in for a treat.

JB mentioned we have some first-timers...who are all the rookies out there? From my one other experience, JB's list is pretty much perfect. Any other tips from the veterans?

Toughest thing to juggle for me last time was keeping the forum updated while keeping up pace of play. Definitely worth practicing and trading off responsibilities with your playing partners as well.

Also, be prepared for the post-event hangover. Everything goes way too fast and the trip home has a sort of "did that just really happen?" feel to it. Keep the pace of play up, but slow down everything else and take it all in...it'll be an experience you'll never forget! Can't wait to feel that high again in less than 3 weeks!
I’m a rookie.
The posting and taking pictures has me the most worried. I practiced when on vacation and played with my brother. It was hard to do updates on every hole and try to talk to him to catch up on things.

I’m a rookie.
The posting and taking pictures has me the most worried. I practiced when on vacation and played with my brother. It was hard to do updates on every hole and try to talk to him to catch up on things.

Don't stress about super detailed updates when things are flying fast and furious. Short and sweet and maybe a quick pic. I save the more detailed updates for off times and the evening when I'm chilling and reflecting.

Also, make sure your phone can handle the battery usage of all day posting, or get an external power source. I plan to pick one up shortly because I know with constant use I'll probably only get half a day out of mine.

The posting and taking pictures has me the most worried.
It's not as hard to stay engaged with your playing partners and everyone there if you have a plan of attack to how you're going to post. Have a template for how you want to update your score saved in your notes. That way you can just copy and paste it and only have to fill in scores and holes each time. The more you do it the easier and quicker it gets.

That's not saying you'll be able to keep up with the thread but the posting from you guys should be relatively simple when it comes to updating scores.

Here's an example of a post while we were down in Myrtle. All I did was fill in scores and hole number with a picture thrown in. I know my scorecard won't be the same as yours for the event but it's the same simple premise. You'll have nothing to worry about man!
View attachment 9114190

Match 9

Hole - 10

Much (Assassins) - 4
Vader (Rogues) - 6

Match Front -
Match Back - A1Up
Overall -A1up

Match 10

Hibs-X
Dill-

Match Front -
Match Back - R1up
Overall -R1up

Honestly, I think posting during the golf is the easiest part. It's posting during the other parts when you are with the OEM reps and the other THPers that you feel like you're missing out if you're on your phone too much

This will be my third THP event (played in 2017 MC, 2018 THP Championship), but I’m still a novice when it comes to posting and playing. It’s something I will try to improve on over the next couple weeks. I did buy an external battery pack to prevent a dead phone on the course.

One of our special events for this community is back and bigger than ever while still bringing a ton of knowledge and of course new equipment to the group of THPers and this forum. This is all about a new release coming up and THPers are in for an amazing Experience at Ballyhack with Titleist.

When & Where
September 19th-21st
Ballyhack Golf Club
Roanoke, VA

View attachment 9091512

Details
This incredible few days is open to 8 THPers that will join 3 people from Titleist and myself for several great days at the beautiful Ballyhack Golf club. This Experience is all about new equipment, and while it isn't out yet, we can say that THPers will receive two new clubs as part of this and they will need to get fit leading up to the event (similar to preview events). We cannot dive into the equipment just yet, you will want to stay tuned to THP for more as they come out, although if you follow release timelines, you probably have a decent guess at what is coming and early reports from the team there, tell me they are INCREDIBLE.

There will be two teams of 6 battling it out, with Team JT and Team Luke leading the way. I will be playing with Team JT and Jacquelyn will be paired up with Team Luke. The rest of the teams will be made up of THPers.

Qualifying
THP Events are held throughout the year and are incredibly unique ways to share a round or weekend with THPers and are filled with equipment, prizes and more. Your ticket to enter these events is the 2022 Albatross Club membership which goes to help a wonderful charity benefitting children. For more information on that or to sign up and help support this great cause, click here.

Cost & What's Included
Cost - $549
New Titleist Equipment (two new clubs)
36 Holes of Golf (18 each day) at Ballyhack
Team Lodging in Cottages at the course
Group Dinners with All Companies
All Meals and Drinks Included
And a whole lot more

View attachment 9091511

Skill Level
ALL skill levels are welcome and we mean that with everything we stand for. This event will have a handicap tie in to make sure everybody has a shot at winning.

Ballyhack Golf Club
The all private facility is ready for to host the Titleist Experience
Dramatic elevation changes of 50 – 70 feet are just part of the challenge of this visually stunning locale. A shot-maker’s course, Ballyhack features 150-yard fairways, gouged-out bunkers, and rugged terrain. Don’t forget to greet the family of African Boer goats, who live near the 14th green.

Participants
Luke Epp
Josh Talge
JB
Jacqueline from Titleist
@bigbov
@BoilerCLE
@Roadrunner
@Golf4Lux
@Jman
@Duffer Waldorf
@SkiBumGolfer
@Kmench
After being fortunate enough to play ballyhack a month ago, I cannot wait to follow along for this one. The lads are in for quite a treat.

We have a lot of newcomers making their first THP Experience, so here are a few things to keep in mind.

1. Don't be a jerk. Just treat others as you would want to be treated.
2. Introduce yourself by forum name. Saying "Hi, Im Bill" won't work too well. Instead "LongBomber29".
3. Enjoy the surroundings and everything a THP Expereince has to offer.
4. THPers are generally really good people that embrace everybody.
5. #OutingApproved is real.
6. Competition is great, and fun, but make sure the company is even better.
7. Don't cheat. It has only come up a couple of times, but it never ends well.
8. Be honest about your abilities. Nobody will ever talk down to any skill level at a THP Event.
9. Obey the course rules to the best of your ability and that includes pace of play
10. Embrace the fun and the entire online community will change before your eyes.
Thanks for posting this. I’ve never attended an Experience but hope to one day. I feel like I may be nervous for my first one cause I’d be afraid of saying the wrong thing or asking the wrong question. I love this list and to know that everyone is looking out for one another.

The posting and taking pictures has me the most worried
It's not easy. This will be my fourth, and I still suck at it.

Never been this pumped for the last day of August to get here before.

We’ll just broke my replacement TSI3 4 wood. Really hope these new TSRs are stronger lol

Thanks for posting this. I’ve never attended an Experience but hope to one day. I feel like I may be nervous for my first one cause I’d be afraid of saying the wrong thing or asking the wrong question. I love this list and to know that everyone is looking out for one another.
You’re gonna be just fine!

Back