Enjoying some Summer Shandy's myself tonight minus the ugly glass Blu is using.

I'm ok with it

e3eve7a9.jpg

I have had a really hard time finding Summer Shandy in a can.

Tonight's beer is Shock Top Apple Wheat

Giving these a try Dominion is a local VA brewer

vavydydy.jpg

Summer Shandy, but all last week it was New Glarus Spotted Cow...WI has amazing beer.

Summer Shandy, but all last week it was New Glarus Spotted Cow...WI has amazing beer.

Spotted Cow is the lowest level of the New Glarus totem pole btw.

1p9yty.jpg
[/IMG]

Saw these in the liquor store today and decided to try them. Not quite what I expected. Very sweet, both of them.

Before this I had a Fosters "Premium Ale." Not premium at all and I have a superstition about wasting beer #painfultodrink. This is tasting much better.

DSC01423.jpg

Great choice! Their seasonal Summerfest is really good.

Red Hook Mudslinger Brown Ale

Went to the store after finally finding Goose Island in AZ...but don't have the Nut Brown. /sigh

Thankfully saw the Red Hook on an endcap before walking out, as it's a decent substitute.

4e4b4656eac811e2ab4322000a1fa430_7.jpg

Kicking off the weekend with a Sweetwater IPA!

I've just gone from Pliny the Elder to Lagunitas Undercover Investigation Shutdown Ale. A mouthful I know but at over 9% it's just what I need this Friday afternoon!

Thinking an Orange Blossom Pilsner would go great with the burger I am about to have

I've just gone from Pliny the Elder to Lagunitas Undercover Investigation Shutdown Ale. A mouthful I know but at over 9% it's just what I need this Friday afternoon!

If you've still got some of the Pliny left over, I'm game.

Have some Stone Brewery Double IPA in the fridge for after my workout this evening.

If you've still got some of the Pliny left over, I'm game.

Have some Stone Brewery Double IPA in the fridge for after my workout this evening.

Stone is one of the top 5 breweries on the west cost, IMO. Pliny is a rare commodity even here in N. California! I'm going to try to get a 1/2 barrel of it on tap in my man cave next month when the Racer 5 is gone!

Don't care, I really like it.

Not saying you should care. I was making a relative statement about the quality of New Glarus' line up

Stone is one of the top 5 breweries on the west cost, IMO. Pliny is a rare commodity even here in N. California! I'm going to try to get a 1/2 barrel of it on tap in my man cave next month when the Racer 5 is gone!

I used to live close to the Stone brewery which was awesome. Here in NC I can get Arrogant Bastard on tap at one place and used to be able to get bottles of it but not anymore. They really do make some legit beers.

Firestone Walker Wookey Jack Black Rye IPA

lkyc.jpg

It's delicious. Everything to like about a Belgian Saison ale and an IPA, with a rye kick. Very tasty, very boozy, very complex. Loving it.

Had a couple of these on tap last night. Not a huge fan of belgians but the hop kick paired pretty nice with the style.

hcsi.jpg

Firestone Walker Wookey Jack Black Rye IPA

lkyc.jpg

It's delicious. Everything to like about a Belgian Saison ale and an IPA, with a rye kick. Very tasty, very boozy, very complex. Loving it.

I had it on tap at the brewery in Paso Robles last week and liked it so much I brought home a growler of it!

Had a couple of these on tap last night. Not a huge fan of belgians but the hop kick paired pretty nice with the style.

Clown Shoes is one of my favorite local breweries. I like most of their stuff.

Dogfish Head 90 min. IPA for me tonight.

Clown Shoes is one of my favorite local breweries. I like most of their stuff.

Dogfish Head 90 min. IPA for me tonight.

We just started getting distribution several months back. Big fan of their Galactica as well. Have kept a few of those in the fridge for over a month now.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373840160.814694.jpg

Audible Ale by Red Hook. Pretty good--refreshing.

Back