The best shot of the round

Wasn't necessarily the best but it was the most entertaining. Hit a 58 degree wedge that backed up 20 feet. My wedges are normally hit and stop or back up a foot or two at the most. In this case it kind of sucked because it left me with a 20 foot birdie putt (missed) instead of a 3 or 4 footer. The pin was about 2/3 of the way up a pretty steep incline. My shot hit hole high about 4 feet right and immediately came racing back down the slope.

I played in a tournament yesterday. I had a chip in on #10. I had to chip it over a high lipped bunker, onto the green and let the ball swing left about 10 feet and into the cup. That was my 4th chip in over the last 4 rounds.

Wedge from about 93 yards out to about 2 feet. It was not a good round.

Walked the front 9 today and on the second hole was thinking nothing but balance and tempo on the tee.
This old boy unlocked one at 268 yrds 💣 no idea how many years it's been since that happened ? Average these days is 220 to 237, on a good day :LOL:

Had to be the 6i on 14. I hit a great shot out of the tree line. It was a cut 6i that flew right over the flag and stuck on the back of the green. I 2 putted for par, on a difficult par 5, after an awful drive and a less than stellar 2nd shot put me in a predicament.6i.PNG

Last edited:
6 iron from 182 yds for a tap in birdie 3!!
103dc519dd0d5248d393ada2fe5c6d6f.jpg

7i from 160ish to 7'. Missed the putt.

Attachments

• 20200319_185013.jpg
    20200319_185013.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 20200319_184950.jpg
    20200319_184950.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 5
I’d been struggling distance wise with the SZ driver over the last couple of range sessions, but all seemed to come right when I played 9 yesterday. Playing off forward tees right enough, but....
8D08214B-E8CC-4784-B38C-A0145D470E8A.png

The Forged Tec 5 iron straight after the drive was the second Shot of the Round. Shame the rest of the round was questionable at best 😂

A 75 yd approach shot with my 54 wedge on the 9th hole to the center of the green.

Last Saturday: a chip-in from 30'
This past Wednesday: a pitch-in from 25 yards

14th yesterday at St Andrews old course, playing par 5 15th hit a 5 wood onto 4th green, putt of at least 100ft up to 4ft and dropped the putt for a par 5. Great day out for the old mate was 2 over for the back nine and played it on 2 under my handicap of 12. Course in great condition 👍

It was a toss-up between two shots today. My approach shot with an 8 iron from about 140 yards into the par five 8th hole that ended up about three feet past the hole. Made the birdie putt.

The other shot was my approach on the par-4 ninth hole. I had about 125 yards uphill into a pretty good breeze. I hit a 9-iron that ended up about 2 ft below the hole. Made the birdie putt.

I have never birdied 8 and 9 back to back before and have only birdied nine two or three times.

I drove the 278 yard par 4 8th hole. First time ever on a course I’ve played a million times.

Uphill birdie putt from about 20 feet that broke right to left. Dead center of the cup with perfect pace.

Yesterday’s round. 18th, 80 yards out. 56 degree wedge leaving me with 1foot for a birdie. Always a nice way to finish.
929BD84E-0F4D-4272-B873-1783A9227B69.jpeg

Attachments

• 3D699846-6276-442C-B343-98E80773FEF7.jpeg
    3D699846-6276-442C-B343-98E80773FEF7.jpeg
    50.3 KB · Views: 2
In my round on Saturday I pulled my drive into the left trees and was blocked out. I could either punch out sideways or go for the hero shot which would require a low punch under the branches and splitting two trees 60 yards ahead that only had a 4 foot wide gap. I went for a hero shot with a 6 iron and pulled it off... The ball ended up pin high just off the green and I had an easy up and down for par.

I drove the 278 yard par 4 8th hole. First time ever on a course I’ve played a million times.
Next day, same hole. Driving the ball about 10 yards short of the green was my best shot of the round.

Knockdown LW from ~58y to 10' to setup birdie on hole #18 (my 13th hole of the day) as the sun set behind me. It was tough out there today. The course played long as I played from the tips and it's soggy from all the rain lately with little to no roll. I had many routine bogies and some others, but no pars all day. The birdie reminded me I still kinda know what I'm doing.

Another toss-up for me. After a shanking my tee shot on the par-3 11th hole and chipping through the green I was faced with a downhill 3rd shot from well off the green that had about three breaks to it. A group of older gentlemen playing in front of me had decided to let me play through which may have led to the extremely poor tee ball. Anyway as they stood around the green waiting for me to take my third shot. I took my time lining it up and sent the Bridgestone on its way. Several seconds later it found the bottom of the cup for a par. None of the guys really showed much enthusiasm (although one of them did say it was an unusual way to make par) to what was really great recovery putt, but curmudgeons will be curmudgeons. I was pretty darn happy with it.

The second shot in contention would took place on the next hole. It's a par 5 that has dog leg right. I pushed my drive right and it ended up in a hard pan area well right of the fairway, but leaving a shorter distance to the green. I was into the wind from about 160 yd so I hit a 5 iron that landed onto the green about 25 feet from the hole. I missed the eagle putt, but left myself a tap in Birdie. Unfortunately there were no witnesses to this shot.

Last round I came up just short on my approach after misjudging the wind and then chipped in for birdie. It was the best chip I've hit in a while

Had to be the 8i I hit to the pin on the par 3 14th hole yesterday at my course. It was about 130yds, a little uphill and into a cool North breeze. The ball disappeared and managed to stay in the cup (despite the pool noodle there) for my 10th HIO and 2nd in just over a month!

Had to be the 8i I hit to the pin on the par 3 14th hole yesterday at my course. It was about 130yds, a little uphill and into a cool North breeze. The ball disappeared and managed to stay in the cup (despite the pool noodle there) for my 10th HIO and 2nd in just over a month!

Congratulations on the HIO!!!

Congrats.. And 10 aces!! I'm insanely jealous as I'm trying to get my first one!!

Back