The best shot of the round

Shotnof the weekend round... Hole 3 175 hit green and trickled by the flag.IMG_20200530_090415.jpg

Kind of a stupid shot, but it was one for the highlight reel for sure.

Blasted a club through the wind and over the bunker, leaving an absolutely zero shot to the hole. (Ball is red line right)
Opted to go big flop, sent it high and even with where I landed (yellow line), it still ended where blue line is.
Nailed the putt.

1590977879740.png

I guess it's more like 'best recovery' but whatever haha

Shot 82 today at a course that’s historically had my number. After starting +6 thru 4, I played the next 10 holes at +1 before a tough closing stretch. Best shot of the round came on 18. Long, uphill, slightly dog leg left par 5. I BARELY made it over some fairway bunkers with my drive. Had about 240 left, gradually sloping uphill, winds high up. I ripped a 3 wood from a good lie in the fairway. Absolute bullet that, fortunately, stayed low. A lot of good roll, stopped on front edge of green. Unfortunately I missed the eagle putt, but tap in birdie was still an awesome way to close the round and a 39 on the back. Pic attached. My ball is the one that’s farther out.

Attachments

• A536A9C4-A3BB-476A-BF34-A29C3E9FBB14.jpeg
    A536A9C4-A3BB-476A-BF34-A29C3E9FBB14.jpeg
    136.9 KB · Views: 3

Blasted a club through the wind and over the bunker, leaving an absolutely zero shot to the hole. (Ball is red line right)
Opted to go big flop, sent it high and even with where I landed (yellow line), it still ended where blue line is.
Nailed the putt.

View attachment 8946738

I'd be shaking in my boots staring at sand and water on that shot... Easy fluid swing and you finished strong on the hole! Nice recovery!(y)🆒

I'd be shaking in my boots staring at sand and water on that shot... Easy fluid swing and you finished strong on the hole! Nice recovery!(y)🆒
It was a dumb risk, but a fun one.

Flops are stupid.
Flops over bunkers are more stupid.
Flops with water long even more stupid.

Hi, I'm Dan.

It was a dumb risk, but a fun one.

Flops are stupid.
Flops over bunkers are more stupid.
Flops with water long even more stupid.

Hi, I'm Dan.
Flops are sweet until they don't work... I usually walk up thinking 60% of the time it works everytime... Swing away buddy swing away

Best shot today - 1st Tee - 4 Hybrid, Drove the green leaving 2 putts for easy birdie

Didn't think the green was in reach, but I absolutley nailed the shot

Yesterday, it was a 147-yd 8-iron to within 9 feet of the flag. It just looked so good in the air.

156 yard 7 iron into the teeth of the wind, over a bunker to 4 ft. for bird. (y)

This weekend on the first hole.

A quick backstory:

I've struggled with my irons for a very long time. Most days I cannot even get them airborne. I've had lessons, but that didn't seem to help once I was out on the course. Last year I took a series of lessons from a different instructor and he seemed to connect with me better than the last one. It's still been a slow process, but I had started seeing results, especially my previous round about 10 days ago.

So anyway, on the first hole Saturday, I sliced my drive into the right rough and didn't get a lot of distance on it. My phone GPS said it was 180 to the center of the green. Not a good distance for me, especially with my longer irons. So I took my 4i, figuring I could at least get back to the fairway closer to the hole. Well, I pured the damn thing and landed on the front of the green! I had a similar shot on the back nine and did the same thing.

A great start to a pretty good day for me.

Screenshot_20200601-143209_TheGrint.jpg

20200601_143246.jpg
Pulled my drive just a little into some trees by the water, and had 196 to a back left pin.

20200601_151056.jpg
Punched a 4-iron runner under the branches to there for an eagle putt.

Made birdie.

Talking to it obviously helped. :p

I think the best shot of todays round was a hooded 7i rope hook from the rough around the trees and the corner into the fairway that thanks to some PGA style roll on the fairway went 143 yds and set me up nice for a 100yd approach to the par 5. Those type of shots are fun to not only try but actually execute!

145 yard par 3 into some wind. Nice smooth 9 iron that I actually hit on the bottom groove, ended up just over a foot from the hole. Looked good for awhile.

Attachments

• A6E97B01-8E0A-4999-B0C8-CDED81DABB6D.jpeg
    A6E97B01-8E0A-4999-B0C8-CDED81DABB6D.jpeg
    221.9 KB · Views: 3
Hole 4, short par 4. I top a 6i tee shot that goes like 60 yards. For the second shot, I hook another 6i 160 yards into the wet rough. Third shot, a crappy 80 yard SW that misses the green badly.

Having just finishing a triple bogey on the previous hole, I'm beyond disgusted at this point and have all but given up on the round. My short game has been terrible and am now left with one I have get over hill and onto a green running down hill. So I just haphazardly flip it up over the hill with the SW, it hits the flag and drops in for a par. Not really a great chip as it may have run off the green had it not hit the flag. Still, it settles me down a little and I have to laugh at the irony of parring a hole with so many bad shots. I then go on to birdie the next hole - something I do so rarely these days.

Chip just off the green in a difficult spot to 2 feet.

Forgot about my intentional hook over the weekend! About 195 out and lying more than I’d care to admit in the left rough. Hooked the ball around the trees and dropped it in the bunker off the back right side of the green. It’s been a long time since I’ve been able to pull that shot off!

Nailed the putt.

View attachment 8946738

I had a similar one yesterday...

Left one short and it landed on the edge of a green side bunker about 10 feet below an elevated green. It was sitting fluffy in the rough around the edge of the trap. I had a weird stance with one foot in the trap and one foot out.

All I could see was the very tip of the flagstick so I aimed for that, opened up the 58 and did my best Phil Flop impression.

The damn thing popped up there, hit the flagstick and dropped for a kick-in par. Love this game.

I had a similar one yesterday...

Left one short and it landed on the edge of a green side bunker about 10 feet below an elevated green. It was sitting fluffy in the rough around the edge of the trap. I had a weird stance with one foot in the trap and one foot out.

All I could see was the very tip of the flagstick so I aimed for that, opened up the 58 and did my best Phil Flop impression.

The damn thing popped up there, hit the flagstick and dropped for a kick-in par. Love this game.
What a shot!!! nice!

Probably the 5wd to the par 3, 8th hole. Played into a decent breeze.

Screenshot_20200601-230611_Golf Pad.jpg

I’m not sure if it was my 60 yard flop shot to within 2’ of the pin on the 8th hole...

C458669C-62F3-455D-A2A0-B06D0014C945.jpeg

Or my 17 yard chip in for Eagle on the very next hole:

BA09AC42-5A62-4884-9B86-8B940438896B.jpeg

What a shot!!! nice!

It was a "Go buy a lottery ticket on the way home" shot for sure. Total luck. Not one I would've tried in a million years if anything was riding on it.

I have no photos unfortunately and was not running any gps apps or anything but the 16th at my home course is a par 5. Water all the way up the right side with some deep long bunkers at the waters edge. The fairway is pretty wide if you carry the fairway bunker on the left side. It also slopes and runs a little downhill and towards the water off the tee if you carry that left fairway bunker. I have hit solid drives on that hole before leaving me a 5i or so in for a second shot. The water does cut back in front the green and there is also a bunker between the water and the green.

I played with an old friend today and explained all this to him and told him I always aim for the left bunker as I typically hit a little fade anyway. I have no idea where it came from but I absolutely smoked a drive straight over that left bunker. I figured I was maybe in 6-7i range. He hit a solid shot to the middle of the fairway.

When we pulled up where I expected my ball to be his was laying there. I was stunned when I saw mine. I have no idea how long that drive was but it was well over 300. I was laying about 138 from the flag. I am still stunned from that one.

Maybe the 40y LW on 18 to tap in range to end things with a birdie.

This past round, there weren’t many good ones to pick from. But on the Par 4 4th, I faded my drive to the tree line. Didn’t have a clear shot, so I punched out to the fairway, about 60 yards out. From there, stuck a nice 60 wedge in pretty tight to about 6 feet. Had nice bite to it. Knew it was good on contact. Nailed the putt for par. It was the 2nd of 4 straight pars and +2 thru the first 8 before the round fell apart on the back. But that 60 degree was nice. It’s a shot that’s been evading me for a few rounds, mainly because we’ve had a lot of rain lately and courses have been wet, so was very happy to get it going again. Hit a similar shot from the same distance on the Par 4 15th to about 10-12 feet, but missed the par putt.

Finished birdie-birdie. The one on 17 was a big left to right sweeping 40 foot putt as the ball was on the lower level and the pin was across on the higher level. Matched line and speed perfectly.

Back