Is it closer in flavor to the cincy chili type of stuff or regular chili with a light hint of sweetness?

Light hint of sweetness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Chili Thread

Thanks my friend. Might have to try this one

Added rest of instructions as trying to trick or treat and type I knew I would forget something.

I love chili. And I actually won best chili in A county cook off a few years ago.... It's Called Pork Slap chili and takes about 3 days to make. The main reason is first I wrap a 5 lab pork shoulder in a rub I've created and let it absorb overnight in the fridge. Then I slow cook that in beer, cider vinegar, worchister (sp) sauce till the bone falls out by itself.

I then shred the pork with 2 forks, and save a qt. Of the remaining braising liquid.

Sautée your green peppers and white onions

Add in 2 cans black and 2 cans red beans, diced tomatos, tomato paste, adobo peppers brown sugar and a variety of spices I've come up with and add in enough pork so it has a ratio 70% pork and 30% veggies/beans.

I then add a white Alabama BBQ sauce on the side and if you want to get fancy put a piece of corn bread in the bottom for a little sweet with the spice.

** I know I'm forgetting the exact amount of cans and need to break down the different rubs.
If interested in the exact recipe please pm me. The recipe is long to type out haha. I can email it to you though.

Now for another simple chili Julie and I make all the time is our chicken chili. we take about 3 lbs. of boneless chicken great in the bottom of a crock pot. Then add in peppers, onions, 2 cans of Rotel (key), diced green jalapeños , 3 red and 1 black can of beans, taco seasoning and let it cook low till the chicken is cooked through and shreddable.

Cook overnight and you're good to go!

Getting to be that time of year again. Wife wants to have chili so chili we will have. Don’t really follow a recipe just sort of wing it and it usually turns out well

Yeah, I make Chili 6 or 7 times a year and I never make it the same way twice. I could eat Chili once a week year round and never get tired of it.

Man I can't wait for Chili weather. I can't believe that we're toward the end of October and we're still seeing triple digit days here. Chili will have to wait.

Man I can't wait for Chili weather. I can't believe that we're toward the end of October and we're still seeing triple digit days here. Chili will have to wait.

We have a cold front coming this week, I think that means it's chili time! We have been super hot too, so this is very exciting to see the temps in the 60s and 70s.

We have a cold front coming this week, I think that means it's chili time! We have been super hot too, so this is very exciting to see the temps in the 60s and 70s.

Temps in the 70's I'm thinking margaritas. I'm thinking a huge pot once the golf season is over.

You guys have inspired experimentation on my part. This week I will be attempting a green chilli verde w/ chicken thighs to see what's what there. After that I will be doing a rendition of what someone has called the ultimate chilli recipe. I will report back.

Soooo jealous! It was 95* this morning at 6am on my way to work.

Chili it will be this weekend (Sunday probably), Saturday is wing day (games).

Made my 1st fall batch this afternoon, and tried a few new things with this batch. Along with the usual suspects, I also added Spicy hot V8, Garlic salsa and some beef broth. Turned out better than expected.

My wife some tonight and it was fantastic, as usual.

Wish anybody in my family other than myself would eat it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I already caved and made a batch of deer chili a few weeks ago, I'm already craving it again. I would be ok eating it just about every meal.

Had deer chili last night! Fritos, sour cream, shredded cheese for the win!!

Just had some chili, with cinnamon roll, for lunch, oh so tasty on a cold day!

The ground beef is in the fridge defrosting. Can't wait!

I have started using beef and turkey and sometimes ground sweet italian sausage.

Real chili doesn’t have beans you know!
Ask any true Texan.
Mexican chili has beans

Made chili last night, and I am eating some of the leftovers for lunch right now, so yummy! Tonight, I think I will put it over a sweet potato, sounds weird, tastes awesome.

Made chili last night, and I am eating some of the leftovers for lunch right now, so yummy! Tonight, I think I will put it over a sweet potato, sounds weird, tastes awesome.

I never thought of doing this. I can certainly see this being a winning combination, so I will have to try this for sure.

Last edited:
Back