The Chipotle for Hackers thread!

Dammit, the E Coli is in Kansas City now.

Guess I am done for a while. We do have a Freebirds that is just as close so if I need a fix, I can do that instead!

Guess I am done for a while. We do have a Freebirds that is just as close so if I need a fix, I can do that instead!

Ugggg, they need to get a handle on this quickly!!! I feel a bead of sweat starting to form on the top of my forehead. Yup Freebirds for me now too.

Haha, just yesterday I felt my self control weakening. I thought it might be time for my embargo to end.

Nope, still no Chipolte for me. Hopefully the one by the house will close in a Moe's will go in its place.

We are having some fun with the lawsuit but a company that's having systemic, national problems providing a safe consumer product deserves to be sued. Anyone can have an isolated incident. This is beyond ridiculous.

is there a certain ingredient causing the illnesses? I had heard it was just in the tomatoes

is there a certain ingredient causing the illnesses? I had heard it was just in the tomatoes
I thought it was in the lettuce. The way they serve everything up, there seems to be a lot of opportunity for cross contamination too.

I thought they had local producers. They've had outbreaks in 3 or 4 different regions of the country. The most recent incident is a different strain of E. Seems like there is something more going on than a single ingredient being a problem.

I thought they had local producers. They've had outbreaks in 3 or 4 different regions of the country. The most recent incident is a different strain of E. Seems like there is something more going on than a single ingredient being a problem.
On the CDC website i read that the strain matched those from the Pacific North West and they were linked. Could have been an old update though

Apparently I just don't understand how E. coli works. How does 1 person get sick from a location? If there was an outbreak at that location, wouldn't everyone get sick?

Apparently I just don't understand how E. coli works. How does 1 person get sick from a location? If there was an outbreak at that location, wouldn't everyone get sick?
That one person came forward. There could be others who got sick but for one reason or another didn't get sick enough to report it. Also depends on who ate the contaminated item, and how much of it was consumed. It takes a large enough dose of bacteria to get symptoms. For some organisms it takes only a few, others it takes a larger amount. A lot depends on the host as well ... age, general health and constitution, complicating factors (e.g., pregnancy), etc. One size doesn't fit all when it comes to infections.

On the CDC website i read that the strain matched those from the Pacific North West and they were linked. Could have been an old update though
I saw a CNBC story time stamped 20 hours ago that said they were different strands. Could be outdated, could be a suspect source.

That one person came forward. There could be others who got sick but for one reason or another didn't get sick enough to report it. Also depends on who ate the contaminated item, and how much of it was consumed. It takes a large enough dose of bacteria to get symptoms. For some organisms it takes only a few, others it takes a larger amount. A lot depends on the host as well ... age, general health and constitution, complicating factors (e.g., pregnancy), etc. One size doesn't fit all when it comes to infections.

I must have a good immune system then. I've eaten there multiple times since and I'm fine haha.

This sucks for the people infected but I find it ironically hilarious that it's happening to chipotle.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Paging Dan.....Can I go have lunch at chipotle today?

From CNN:

The CDC would not say how likely or unlikely it is that all the cases with both DNA fingerprints are linked but said it is performing tests to make that determination and hopes to know in a few weeks. There have been multistate outbreaks of foodborne illness involving multiple DNA fingerprints in the past, according to Dr. Ian Williams, chief of the CDC's Outbreak Response & Prevention Branch. He added, "These recent cases occurred several weeks after the last cases in the larger outbreak and in a different geographic location. This may suggest they do not share a common source, but the investigation is ongoing."

Chipotle is working with the CDC, FDA, and state health officials to investigate. No single food item has been identified as a source of illness.

Ugh get it together Chipotle. Its been way too long since my last bowl

My daughter absolutely loves Chipotle, as do I. We have continued to eat there and so far nothing. We live in Orlando and have heard nothing of any outbreaks there.

Might get Chipotle tonight

I'm trying to decide whether I want to have Chipotle for lunch today, or the buffalo chicken sandwich that has been in my work bag since last Thursday.

I'm trying to decide whether I want to have Chipotle for lunch today, or the buffalo chicken sandwich that has been in my work bag since last Thursday.

Roughly the same chance of getting sick...

Man, I love Buffalo chicken...!

I had Chipotle last weekend. I'm still kickin' and it was as delicious as ever.

I think I'll head there now! Love that place. And if I get sick.... Then I suppose I'll get a few more free meals on down the line :p
I'm not afraid. I'll still eat there!

Back