The College Thread

Good find, Ron. My sister went to school there. It's (McGill) really a great university in a great part of Montreal. It's also a very good school that's tough to get into (depending on the program). I applied to their engineering faculty but didn't get in. I highly suggest looking there if you are applying to college!

The College Thread

So...I'm applying to the microbiology doctoral programs at MIT, John Hopkins University, and Baylor school of medicine. it's going to be hard but if I get in it will be worth it.
This is the point when a rigorous program like microbiology and biochemistry pay off

So...I'm applying to the microbiology doctoral program at MIT, John Hopkins University, and Baylor school of medicine. it's going to be hard but if I get in it will be worth it.
This is the point when a rigorous program like microbiology and biochemistry pay off

Good luck man. I really liked JHU when I visited. I hope to go to a really good school someday to get my MBA.

The College Thread

Good luck man. I really liked JHU when I visited. I hope to go to a really good school someday to get my MBA.

Thanks man, they are considered some of the top schools in the nation for my field, and getting into them would surely help, plus I would, be closer to the THP action!
I'm also applying to University of Texas at Austin, university of Minnesota, university of Michigan, and even university of Maryland..

Well leaving the nest isn't an option so if you go to U of M I would rush a fraternity with good academics. I'd get a schedule and stick to it. I'd take advantage of the parties if thats your thing. If you do it right you will make life long friends, get a good education and want to forget a few things you did. It's all about growing up and finding your way. Try Not to run home every chance you get. College is where you find your way. Get a job if you want extra cash.

Thanks man, they are considered some of the top schools in the nation for my field, and getting into them would surely help, plus I would, be closer to the THP action!
I'm also applying to University of Texas at Austin, university of Minnesota, university of Michigan, and even university of Maryland..

I can't wait to play golf with you if you end up going to UofM.

THPing on Tapatalk

I can't wait to play golf with you if you end up going to UofM.

THPing on Tapatalk

That's what I was going to say! One of my favorite Bio Chemistry professors went to that university and loved it, so I'm applying to it.

I guess I'll feel what real winter feels like haha. I'll play a bunch of golf with you if I get accepted there!

Way out of your area but I went my first two years at Auburn and loved every minute of it; with the exception of a few science classes that I would rather not think about. I rushed and got a bid for one of the big fraternities but didn't join because I was going to have to pay the dues myself and didn't have a job at the time. It was an awesome experience and I kept ties with many of the guys in it. To follow up what everyone else said just be yourself and be social. Your first few weeks may be a little awkward until you get the campus figured out and get a feel for things but it won't take long. My best advice is to have as much fun as possible but don't let it get it in the way of your grades. Go out and have fun but make sure and schedule time for studying and homework. I changed majors and moved back home to attend AUM (Auburn University at Montgomery) and will start Nursing school in August. I enjoy where I'm at now but it's far different from living away from home at a big University. Good luck with whichever school you decide!

Back