The Enhanced Games

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I mean, I think it sounds awesome.

I am here for it! Can’t wait to see what happens when some Eastern European is filled to the gills with Dynabol and HGH!!
Flexing Martial Arts GIF by Xbox

Wow...

Interesting. I'd watch.

Going Crazy Brock Lesnar GIF by WWE

Sign me up!

interesting...

For several years I've been saying I'm 100% for professional athletes of all sports being able to be on whatever drugs they'd like to provide the highest level of entertainment. Because when you break it all the way down that's all professional sports* are nothing but entertainment for the masses.

Nothing was more entertaining than the steroid era in baseball.

It sounds like a legal minefield. Knowing some of the long term effects of PED's and celebrating it seems a little risky for lawsuits in my eyes.

Reactions: Bus
“Contemporary drug testing practised in sports today is not necessarily about athlete safety; it often skews the public perception of fairness and health in competitive sports. Enhanced will be adopting a sophisticated safety protocol which puts the athlete’s health first – including comprehensive health checks before and after competitions. As well as advanced screening to check for pre-existing conditions, for example, cardiac risk,” said Dr Michael Sagner, MD, of King’s College London and a member of the Scientific and Medical Advisory Commission of the Enhanced Games.

seems wild...

This made me think of this...

If He Dies He Dies Rocky Balboa GIF

interesting...

For several years I've been saying I'm 100% for professional athletes of all sports being able to be on whatever drugs they'd like to provide the highest level of entertainment. Because when you break it all the way down that's all professional sports* are nothing but entertainment for the masses.

Nothing was more entertaining than the steroid era in baseball.
I've been on and off with this line of thinking in that if you just allow it and everyone has access to it, it then just becomes a level playing field and you no longer have cheaters. It just then becomes a question of are you willing to risk your health to be able to compete, and is sacrificing your long-term health the only way to become a professional athlete. I've got to think even if its regulated, its got to have a negative health impact to some extent. No doubt it increases the entertainment value and brings out some crazy athletic performance for those watching though.

my biggest fear about something like this is the untapped potential of people doing everything they can to be relevant to the world.

As long as it's regulated in some sort of way, I am interested in seeing how it plays out.

I'm actually not sure how I feel about this.

my biggest fear about something like this is the untapped potential of people doing everything they can to be relevant to the world.

As long as it's regulated in some sort of way, I am interested in seeing how it plays out.
Making rules and laws for the lowest common denominator is a sure fired way to get the law of unintended consequences to make an appearance.

I'm all for this, the NFL is probably doing this as we speak I mean just look at the OL dudes who retire and return to normal human sizes.

So basically it's the Olympics, but they're just not going to pretend that the competitors aren't 'roided to the gills.

So basically it's the Olympics, but they're just not going to pretend that the competitors aren't 'roided to the gills.
Basically, American Gladiators.

1706823229025.jpeg

The biggest issue would be someone getting seriously injured or killed during competition, especially the combat sports.

I've been on and off with this line of thinking in that if you just allow it and everyone has access to it, it then just becomes a level playing field and you no longer have cheaters. It just then becomes a question of are you willing to risk your health to be able to compete, and is sacrificing your long-term health the only way to become a professional athlete. I've got to think even if its regulated, its got to have a negative health impact to some extent. No doubt it increases the entertainment value and brings out some crazy athletic performance for those watching though.
That's already the case in a lot of sports, they just do a good job of covering it up and/or pretending it doesn't exist.

Host it in international waters and let a top MMA fighter fight against a gorilla and i'm in

Anything short of that, it doesn't go far enough. As mentioned 50% of people are already on drugs

For this to matter, i need to see a guy fight a gorilla, or a shark.

Back