The Evolution of the TaylorMade Spider Putter

Great article! I've tried to like this putter, but it just too busy for me.

I didn't do particularly well with the counterbalanced Spider Blade even though I liked the feel and shape of the putter. I was also not practicing putting either at the time--I am sure that had nothing to do with it.

I am a huge fan of the Spider Tour Red. Great feel and I enjoy the feedback I get from it. I went through a period of some of the best putting I've had and I attribute a lot of that to the Spider.

A few weeks ago I made the mistake of rolling the Spider X.

@scarnici can tell you how much I loved the CB putter. I wanted to throw that thing in the ocean, but yet it's still here sitting my office area.

Tour Red is still probably my favorite. The insert feels good and is more to my preference vs spider X. But man I really like what Spider X offers with some alignment help.

@scarnici can tell you how much I loved the CB putter. I wanted to throw that thing in the ocean, but yet it's still here sitting my office area.

Tour Red is still probably my favorite. The insert feels good and is more to my preference vs spider X. But man I really like what Spider X offers with some alignment help.

I like the alignment aid of the X along with the more compact shape. I have found the shape of the Tour Red (great color by the way) helps with my focus and alignment. Don’t know if the X is better but it’s different and seems effective.

I enjoyed reading that article. Thx ddec.

Great write up Dean. The history of this putter is very intesresting. I have been using the Black Spider Tour for a while. Really like how it sets up.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Looking forward to checking this out later tonight

@ddec I remember you rolling that CB putter all so well.

Great article. I really enjoyed the read. Well don Dean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This deserves a morning bump, if you haven’t, check it out, Spider fan or not! Ddec brings the history of the Spider quite well!

Thanks for the trip down memory lane @ddec.

I had forgotten about the white putter lineups from TM, that was back around when I got back into the game again.

Bumping this one, because it deserves it.

Really hoping I get to spend some time with one this weekend. Dean, you killed it with this article, history and feedback in a killer package.

Did you end up getting some time in? I know you and the boys are about to light up that MySpider line very very soon. Oh and for those who missed it, add another win on tour for Spider X after Rory captures the Canadian Open.

Did you end up getting some time in? I know you and the boys are about to light up that MySpider line very very soon. Oh and for those who missed it, add another win on tour for Spider X after Rory captures the Canadian Open.

Used the mini a couple times and the X once.

Pumped about adding an X to the arsenal.

Cool read

I remember my buddy having the Monza Spider when it first came out and we used to poke fun of him calling it the Batwing.

Maybe he got the last laugh with the success of the Spider.

I’ve been rolling the X in the store in the navy finish. To me it’s the best looking putter in the shops right now. Just not sure I can stomach $349 for a new putter.

Speaking of the Spiders. Why no price drop on the Red and Black Spider Tours ?
My local shop was still charging $299.

seeing that we have a bunch of custom spider x putters rolling in, I figured I would give this one a little bump.

seeing that we have a bunch of custom spider x putters rolling in, I figured I would give this one a little bump.

A well deserved bump - I loved this piece.

Does anyone know if Kia Ma designed the first spider putter?

Wish I would’ve never traded away my original Spider with the AGSi insert.

I had the Vicino, the Ghost, and now the tour black. Possibly my favorite putter of all time.

Back