The Golf Ramble Thread

Wet golf is pretty frustrating, especially after having not played for five days. Tap the ground before the swing, see a bit of a splash from the grass haha

Just could not get the club head down through the ball yesterday. Thin way too many times with irons.

That's winter golf for you (in June...) I tend to either pluck it or try and have a silly shallow angle of attack with my irons. Or use a hybrid all day

after a few years of my 2 boys not playing golf, they have suddenly both become interested again. this fathers day weekend we played friday, saturday, and sunday together, 54 holes of togetherness. It was one of my best weekends in a long time!

I went putting today and there is a pretty big wildfire that popped up.
af1ac67c4d7dd7203cde1f6e0e6b0d1f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The fire is getting much larger. So far, no one has been hurt. http://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/ar...ildfire-near-superior-now-has-tripled-in-size

after a few years of my 2 boys not playing golf, they have suddenly both become interested again. this fathers day weekend we played friday, saturday, and sunday together, 54 holes of togetherness. It was one of my best weekends in a long time!
Those are the best days!

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Here is a good one. It was cart path only so obviously wet and rained a ton yesterday. Some lady comes up to me and says we really need to rope off all the wet areas on the course because she just got her shoes and socks wet. Solid comedy

Well with the all the wet weather we are getting in the Midwest, I've pretty much have given up on getting any roll on my drives for the year unless we get 30 days of 90's and the ground bakes hard.
Just frustrating playing CPO only or 90* and we are almost in July.

Well with the all the wet weather we are getting in the Midwest, I've pretty much have given up on getting any roll on my drives for the year unless we get 30 days of 90's and the ground bakes hard.
Just frustrating playing CPO only or 90* and we are almost in July.

It has been a very wet season for sure. A lot of courses around here are swamped out and a few are closed for flooding still. Bummer all the 2ay around.

We have been off path for like 2 or 3 days since May 1st.

Pretty sure the cure to fixing my iron issues are quite literally to Get A Grip.

Over the years, the way I have held the golf club has gotten uglier and uglier. So far this year it has resulted in brutal contact, poor distance, and all around unreliability.

I figure the delivered loft I end up with my clubs must be ridiculously high right now, everything just pops up, no distance.

Time to start from scratch and learn how to hold a friggin club again.

Nothing throws off a good round quite like a well struck ball that you then can’t find.

I hear you, hit a perfect stinger down the hill. Not be to found

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It amazes me how many putters on eBay are absolutely destroyed.

Wanted to have a bit of fun and pick up a #9 shape... But everything under 100 dollars is chewed to pieces from neglect.

Nothing like having zero plans for the weekend and can't Golf.

Weekend Warrior deactivated.

Glad the chiropractor got me straight yesterday, golfing Sunday with a Grandaddy alum.

Well off cart path lasted for a solid 12 or 13 hours.

Playing with Wildcat4life, magic spell and roadrunner tomorrow. Have a little shamble action going on! Should be a mega fun round.

Have two scrambles coming up and finally getting the game back right in time. I’ve been an approach shot machine recently, which has always been my weakest part. I’m so so close to putting it all together.

For years I have thought my swing was flawed. That I hit it too high. That my shot shape was wrong. That I hit a fade and would always hit a fade.

Finally go for a lesson, after years of putting it off. Turns out I am wrong.

My swing is fine, but needed a slight tweak. I was hitting high because of the setup. Shot shape was due to setup. Fade was due to setup. Tweak wise, nothing major, just more spine tilt, and shorten the backswing to improve consistency.

I hit the ball ok during my round yesterday. I hit the ball really really good during/after the lesson. The "pulls" that were my miss, are actually me hitting it well, and they go left because that is where I am actually aimed. Very excited to have that "miss" be more of a normal occurence.

For years I have thought my swing was flawed. That I hit it too high. That my shot shape was wrong. That I hit a fade and would always hit a fade.

Finally go for a lesson, after years of putting it off. Turns out I am wrong.

My swing is fine, but needed a slight tweak. I was hitting high because of the setup. Shot shape was due to setup. Fade was due to setup. Tweak wise, nothing major, just more spine tilt, and shorten the backswing to improve consistency.

I hit the ball ok during my round yesterday. I hit the ball really really good during/after the lesson. The "pulls" that were my miss, are actually me hitting it well, and they go left because that is where I am actually aimed. Very excited to have that "miss" be more of a normal occurence.

That’s got to be an exciting revelation Brad

That’s got to be an exciting revelation Brad

Having the pro tell me I am an idiot, and there is nothing wrong, honestly was not what I was expecting.
Being given homework of just playing more golf, and watching more golf on tv..... also not what I thought would happen lol.

Being able to take the tips, put them into play, and see a ridiculous change..... super exciting.

Having the pro tell me I am an idiot, and there is nothing wrong, honestly was not what I was expecting.
Being given homework of just playing more golf, and watching more golf on tv..... also not what I thought would happen lol.

Being able to take the tips, put them into play, and see a ridiculous change..... super exciting.

Honestly, that’s pretty badass.

Back